Miniture Military Models

Well I think I may be getting into another! collecting field. I am seriously addicted to being a collector, but that is besides the thread topic. I am looking to get into the miniture military model collecting. Like 1/32 WWII armor mostly, but possibly some 1/18 stuff as well (the planes in that scale are just freaking awesome). I am an absolute history nut, especially WWII, so the subject is perfect for me.

The ones I am looking at are the kind like Ultimate Soldier, and Forces of Valor. They seem pretty well detailed, good paint apps and such. Here is an example of some of the 1/32 armor from Ultimate Soldier Cold Steel line-

jagdpanther.jpg

jagdtiger.jpg

I am hoping that some of you out there are collecting these. Are they worth getting into? Are they a huge money drain (doesn't seem too bad, maybe $20 each for 1/32 armor) Any advice on them from colelctors would be appreciated, as I am still kinda undecided on the whole affair--

Id rather build my own. The detail on those while in the right spots seems heavy and the paint seems thick. The colors are also a little bright and off register. The weathering is also heavy handed and unrealistic. If they float your boat then sure get then but right now all those same vehicles are being offered as kits by tamiya and italeri for at or under 20 dollars.

I haven't paid much attention to the 1/32 line unfortunately. Do you have the new 1/18th scale Zeros from Blue Box? They're awesome, and the the upcoming TB-6 Avenger will make this collection just perfect...

Saw some of the 1/32 armor just the other day at local TRU and the piqued my curiosity.

Couldn't look at 'em for too long as my daughter wouldn't let me :blink::lol: , but they looked nice and solid.

Looked a little further and saw that they have a bunch of these to offer:

http://www.badcataviation.com/ar1byfoofva.html

Are there also a good variation of military personnel available?