Digimon

KingNor

I liked season one and two of Digimon. OK?

I liked the art and respected the storytelling. alright?

that said, i'm trying to find DVD copys of the original japanise version (with subs)

i'm intrested in how much like the american release the japanise version is. i thought the show was handled well and had alot of humor and heart.

Anyway, feel free to discuss the show if you want, but i'd like to know more about finding a copy of these episodes

i tried netflix but only the movie showed up, should i be looking for it under a diffrent name?

DigiMOM had an opening theme? I always thought it'd be a recording of the sound of thirteen helpless children caged in a cell forced to recite "Mary had a Little Lamb" in Japanese whilst being fed spam and shredded wheat with NO2, all of this after suffering from watching Pikachu's eyes flash brilliantly on-off-on-off-on-off.

Oh wait, it's a false positive. *SNAP*.

i guess it's pretty apparent at this point that i lack the means to actually "kill" anyone on a web forum. so feel free to make fun of me.

however, does digimon have a japanise name?

i don't see how anyone could hate this show as much as some people do. the similaritys to poke'mon are superficial at best.

IMHO they did a good job of fleshing out the characters.

i honestly found it to be a decent show, even the movie was pretty damn good, but everything after that was crap

365525[/snapback]

I agree, the first two seasons really focused on character development and story. Theres no denying it had the "monster collector" thing going on a bit, and seemed geared towards selling its actionfigures.

but unlike something like poke'mon, Digimon tended in my opinion to have a legitimate story going on under the comercial facade.

The question remains though if the show has a Japanise Name or if its called DIGIMON in japan as well.

Could be worst. He could like rowboat-tech or poke me long time for a dolla mon.  You might have to search on torrent sites and down load the episodes so you can burn them on dvd.

365405[/snapback]

I'll take Robotech over Digimon ANY day of the week. ;)

Actually, I thought that season 1 and 2 were "passable" saturday morning fare. When I saw Season 3, it was clear that they had upgraded the animation quality ALOT.

Although season 3 had less characters, I liked how it progressed.

And I'm not sure, but I think Season 3 was not part of the actualy Digimon series, but a take off from it.

But what I liked most about Season 3 was the digimon designs. They were much more developed than the first 2 seasons.

I really didn't like season 2 because of the "magic eggs" the digimon used to transform into different modes.

Pokemon, Beyblade, Medabots and the similar whole bunch of stupid shows are on the same league as digimon, totally pathetic anime for milking crappy toy lines made for idiotic kids, IMHO it's a total piece of shiit show, very close in lameness to macross 7, go watch DYRL? before things get worse. I agree with Graham... teletubies and Barney are in the same league too

I must say I agree, though I would just say it a bit more politely :p

Hmm, I'm a bit amused by the toy thing, since aren't we all slaves to Macross merchandise :lol: Seriously, it's a "bit" different to plan the whole show to get some money from the kids... <_<

Pokemon, Beyblade, Medabots and the similar whole bunch of stupid shows are on the same league as digimon, totally pathetic anime for milking crappy toy lines made for idiotic kids, IMHO it's a total piece of shiit show, very close in lameness to macross 7, go watch DYRL? before things get worse. I agree with Graham... teletubies and Barney are in the same league too

365746[/snapback]

gotta say i disagree.

i can't deny that the concept for the show is definately along the same lines of pokemon, beyblade, etc...

but in execution it was done much better, it had good story, not placeholder story.

i think the main diffrence is that the children had problems and had trouble dealing with things. often they didn't wrap stuff up in tight little "your friends always see you through" 30 min packages.

teletubbies and barney, c'mon thats just a joke.

I also was a big fan of their background design. To be honest i got "hooked" by the show the first couple weeks because i was just watcihng to look at the background paintings.

The first season was solid because it was 'new' and still has some of the better backgrounds in anime. Second season got all CG'ed and went a little wonky with it's pokemon "power-up" gimmicks, but had better animation and even dipped into more mature themes on occasion(the love triangles, and the gray early "villian"). All digimon after that was spin-off's, like Gundam.

Still it was a pleasant change of pace from Card Captor at that time.

• 2 months later...

little necro but somebody posted an ep of a show called digimon savers so I downloaded it and watched it out of curiousity. Its not bad, It doesn't encourage weakness in children but instead promotes attacking larger animals with your fist (cmon guys lets go out into the woods and wrestle a bear :p ). At times I was expecting a girl with a iron mask to show up and start killing everybody aka elfied lied style seeing it has some weird organization.

I loved this show as well. Season 1 was the best. They only released teh first 13 eps (the Angemon arc) on US DVD. Also the Digimon Movie (I thought this was crap).

I wish they released all of season one.

Oh the giant cactus is togemon.

Edited by Kamui 777