The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

Now that looks fantastic! Doesn't look like he's "super-articulated", but it does look he has the joints where it counts. He's coming WITH the Garland, correct?

Dammit, all these 'must-buy' $100+ toys are going to be the death of me this year. I'm gonna have to get a night job as a coffee-jerk to pay for half of them.

New pics showing pilot INside while in robot mode!

Nice! Finally Shogo pics! I was expecting a Shogo with a bit more attitude, maybe with a self sufficient grin on his face and better hair sculpt, but it looks okay. With the figure for comparsion the Garland looks like a Cadillac now. I've never realised how much anime magic was involved in the OVA :p

Edit: Hey, Shin. I PMed you back a few days ago, did you get it?

374731[/snapback]

I got it dude, I'll reply when I get more artwork up! :D

the garland is looking nice, now I gotta find a copy of megazone 23 and see if it tickles my fancy and makes me crave the toy.

(or a really long ass sentence describing me trying to find an excuse to buy this thing lol).

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=Anime_News%2Fgarland

New pics showing pilot INside while in robot mode!

374700[/snapback]

Oh, this thing is sweet.

And apparently the Garland can transform AROUND him so you don't need to take the figure out of the seat, just like in the anime!!

Just one gripe: it looks a little plasticky... I'd like a more glossy type look to it.

Hi all. this is my 1st post here on Macross World (sorry in advance for the length), but I've been a regular reader since waaaay back. Back when Seiichi would sell anime art books and you had to send an email to get one (Still bitter at Graham for snatching up that Megazone Mechanical art book from me...grrrr)

Megazone was the movie that got me into Anime in the late 80's and remains my fav.

I was just about to drop ~$300 for the transforming GR-2 kit (Had the email already sent to Noel @ black aces) when I first heard of Yamato doing a garland back in '04. Thats how desparate I've been for any megazone toys. So needless to say I will be reinvesting that money into 3 or 4 yamato garlands.

Its funny how for the last 10 years whenever i did an internet search for "garland toy" I would only get returns about "The Wizard of Oz". Now it seems everyone's on the Megazone bandwagon.

Anyway, just wanted to add my $.02

• 2 months later...

Got this picture from 2chan, so i presume its from WHF2006. Looking good. Nice boxart too. Why don't the valks get this kinda treatment? :p

garlandbig8sg.jpg

Edited by wolfx

No kidding, I just filled the cup.  I'm almost set on tellin tam I want to do my shipment over night since it's so much cheaper then expected.

400261[/snapback]

I duno...i personally think its more expensive than I'd pay for. Its almost the same price of a VF-0.

No kidding, I just filled the cup.  I'm almost set on tellin tam I want to do my shipment over night since it's so much cheaper then expected.

400261[/snapback]

I duno...i personally think its more expensive than I'd pay for. Its almost the same price of a VF-0.

400332[/snapback]

The VF-0 is about $160 and this is about $100. How is that almost the same price?

It's Japanese retail price is the same but because Yamato USA will be releaseing a $100 version the prices have crashed before it's even releeased in Japan.

Thnaks for that link chowyunskinny, I knew there had to be more pictures out there somewhere.

This is so hot, I'm glad I went with EMS. :D

i feel like i should like this toy, but just can't bring myself to actually like it...having never seen megazone, i dont have any connection to the design, so that may have something to do with it, but it still just looks drab to me.

:|

BTW, the Garland's box art is by Tenjin.

Graham

400494[/snapback]

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Graham, please please use your Sith powers to get Yamato to use Tenjin art for future Macross items they put out!!!

400508[/snapback]

I second that!

I have tried and tried, as have others but to no avail.

As well as Tenjin, other artists I've suggested to them for Macross toy box art are Yoshiyuki Takani and Yuji Kaida.

Anybody who doesn't know who these two fine artist are and their previous contribution to Macross box art, shame on you for calling yourself a Macross fan.

Graham

I have tried and tried, as have others but to no avail.

As well as Tenjin, other artists I've suggested to them for Macross toy box art are Yoshiyuki Takani and Yuji Kaida.

Anybody who doesn't know who these two fine  artist are and their previous contribution to Macross box art, shame on you for calling yourself a Macross fan.

Graham

400520[/snapback]

What do you think the issue is, Graham? Stubborness? Politics? Something else you know about but can't say?

I too would have loved to see artwork like that on their Macross products. There's something to be said for the clean, modern aesthetic of their current packaging (the Koenig Monster being an exception to that rule :p) but painted artwork like that would just make it incredibly classy and add so much value to the end product. But it sounds like you and others have already done your best and it's a lost cause, which is a damn shame... :(

I dunno those Japs and I feel NO SHAME about it . All because I am cool and I do have a lot of Valks. :p

Also... who needs a funky painted box? It is gonna end in the trash bin anyways considering it is made out of the WORST quality cardbord in China and it pack more air than Valk.

Muaaa ha ha