Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0S Battroid Model

Graham

Hobby Link Japan has it in stock, there completed model pics are awesome looking. how poseable is this kit any how? the hands look like a MG Gundam kit, but i already am certain that this will require full painting and glue like there other kits.

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSG20

chris

I too would like to see some shots of the extent of its posability. This is a gorgeous kit and I really want to go nuts on one.

EDIT: ANd what does Hase use for joints? Plastic on plastic, or polycaps like a Gundam kit? I've never bought a Hase Battroid, but I'm really interested.

Edited by promethuem5

That´s looking sooo great! I´s been a long time since a design came out in both 1/72 and 1/100 scale, reminds me of the old IMAI/ARII scale-sharing thing of the early 80s.

I´m gonna buy the 1/100 as well, OK it´s less detailed but it looks very good in proportions and I have all the old 1/100s in the basement so why not expanding the collection? Only difference is that back in ´83 a 1/100 Battroid went for 300 Yen and not for almost 2000.....

Still, the Hasegawa 1/72 seems to be the most detailed commercial kit of a Macross vehicle so far, it is putting all the MG/PG Gundams to shame IMO. Just plain awesomeness!

The only thing I'm not too keen on the Hasegawa VF-0A/S battroid is that the elbow joint is too exposed, compared to the lineart.

Graham

387423[/snapback]

I would LOVE to call you nitpicker for this but you´re definitely right. Only thing missing is a "in case you wish this arm to break off, shoot right here" sign. Don´t know why they did it but that should be changed.

The only thing I\'m not too keen on the Hasegawa VF-0A/S battroid is that the elbow joint is too exposed, compared to the lineart.

Graham

387423[/snapback]

I would LOVE to call you nitpicker for this but you´re definitely right. Only thing missing is a \"in case you wish this arm to break off, shoot right here\" sign. Don´t know why they did it but that should be changed.

387539[/snapback]

It could be that it\'s done only for the purpose of the VF-0s being able to hold the gun completely in an upright and tucked close to the chest.

**Refer to the HLJ link previously posted and you\'ll see what I mean.

Polycaps for all joints like they did with the VF-1 series.

I assume it will be quite poseable but Hasgawa won´t drop or twist accuracy of the design in favour of extreme poseability. The slightly moved arm joint seems to be the only concession to better poseability.

I´m pretty sure it won´t be able to stand on one feet or imitate nifty martial arts poses a la Gundam...

I´m pretty sure it won´t be able to stand on one feet or imitate nifty martial arts poses a la Gundam...

388279[/snapback]

That's not a design issue as much as a ballast issue. THe Gundam MG kits have PVC internals that add weight to the lower logs to compensate for the bulk of the torso and arms. You can acheive the same results by glueing fishing weights to the insides of the lower legs.

388279[/snapback]

That's not a design issue as much as a ballast issue. THe Gundam MG kits have PVC internals that add weight to the lower logs to compensate for the bulk of the torso and arms. You can acheive the same results by glueing fishing weights to the insides of the lower legs.

388384[/snapback]

Of course you´re right VFX, what I was pointing out was more that the Hasegawa engineers most probably do not spare many thoughts on issues like these. They are used to think "scale model", not "how can we get cooler poses" or even "how can we please the guys who want to play with it" so I don´t expect Gundamish features here - I could be wrong though, it´s always possible that the guys try to combine their aircraft-style attention to detail with the newest poseability features... we´ll know soon, the kits should be on the way. :D

Of course you´re right VFX, what I was pointing out was more that the Hasegawa engineers most probably do not spare many thoughts on issues like these. They are used to think "scale model", not "how can we get cooler poses" or even "how can we please the guys who want to play with it" so I don´t expect Gundamish features here - I could be wrong though, it´s always possible that the guys try to combine their aircraft-style attention to detail with the newest poseability features... we´ll know soon, the kits should be on the way. :D

388629[/snapback]

I dunno... Looking at the Hasegawa VF-1 Battroid kit, it really looks to me like they were trying to please both the Gundam modelers, as well as the serious aircraft modeler. It has a Gundam's snap-fit ease of construction, while retaining all the detail we've come to expect from a Hasegawa Valkyrie.

No doubt they were trying to strike a balance between the two... especially considering it was their first snap-fit kit. But I think they pulled it off pretty well. And it'll be interesting to see how they've attempted to improve with their VF-0 battroid kit.

Great pic! I too have mine ordered from SSM. Actually I have 2 for the Gerwalk conversion.

Looks to me that they have a nasty seem going down the center of the intakes... pity they didn't make that a separate like in the VF-1.

By the way, does anyone else feel bad for the VF-1 in that picture?

And oh... only 8 left at SSM

VF-0 Battroid at SSM

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

i was going to start a new thread but i am not sure if i should just post it here, here is the completed pictures of the Wave VF-0S which i believe is 1/100 scale. it is labeled at around 1900 yen which means it is definetly one of there plastic kits, i thought it was going to be resin but that is to cheap for one. i will be sticking with the hase version without a doubt it looks far superior.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/be-j/522364/464921/781018/

I don't know if the Hasegawa looks FAR superior to the 1/100, but the size difference is the real kicker. Of course some of us still have a lot of 1/100 Macross kits lying around. :ph34r: I like the elbows better on the 1/100 and I think the intakes and legs look better too, but that may be just because the Hase shown in the above post hasn't been cleaned up and finished yet. The one thing I see with the 1/100 is that the hands look a little big. But that would still at least be consistent with the old 1/100 kits! :p

Can anyone tell me if the "backpack on the hase battroid is a seperate assembly and if so does it look difficule to make in the "open" position? If it cant ill have to hack up my other VF-0s to get the optional parts.

Got mine today. Fortunately the parts breakdown will allow me to swap the backpack for an unfolded tail section from a donator VF-0. unfortunately a little anime magic was involved. Knowing how the VF-1 battroid wings were smaller than the wings in the fighter kit i compared the wings on this battroid to the wings on the fighter mode. Yup they are smaller. But thats ok the same kit donating its tail will be donating its wings to this as well. The size difference isnt as big on this as it was on the VF-1. I am going to go over the 2 fighter kits and the battroid kit to see where my mods will have to go so i can have swappable booster parts between the 2.

wish me luck.

I have swapped the wing hinges with a Fighter kits wings and i can honestly say that Hase made the wings in batt mode to small. It loks much better with the longer true scale fighter wings on it. Also unlike the VF1 in battroid mode this battroid is supposed to have its wings overlap so there are no problems with the larger wings there either.

Come on guys!! lets see some step-by-step build ups of your modifications. What no pictures?! that's not fair - you're just a tease then... :p

I can't build now, but I still need the fix... :unsure:

I agree with WM. All that talk and no pics. Thats like...well forget what thats like. Just give us pics!

This all gives me some ideas what I'll be trying once I'm done with my VF-1A. I think I'll be trying my own Gerwalk without having to buy and cut up two kits.