1/55 Valk Custom - Thigh Swivel Mod Update

Skull-1

The only Fulcy pics I have are these...

It doesn't appear to add much flex to the foot..... Not enough for the aggressive A stance I am using in my Valks...

post-318-1160685041_thumb.jpeg

post-318-1160685057_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Skull-1

To be honest, I thought about doing the thigh mod, but I'm not sold on the ball joints. Don't they get loose after a period of time?

In regards to the foot mod, I've worked that, and with the knee mod, and making it swivel, it makes for a great gerwalk pose. Battroid is great too, although, you don't get the hip angle. Not too much of a problem though.

I have done the fore/aft foot mod but cannot think of one that will work side to side. My concern is more with side to side vs. fore and aft...

Wish I could solve this one.

I don't think there's any real way to get the lateral movement to move too much. Even on the Yamato toys, the new 0A and S, the lateral foot movement is quite limited. I have been working on solutions, but I think it would involve a ball joint. That might give the stability of it standing problems.

I don't think there's any real way to get the lateral movement to move too much. Even on the Yamato toys, the new 0A and S, the lateral foot movement is quite limited. I have been working on solutions, but I think it would involve a ball joint. That might give the stability of it standing problems.

How much does it move in the animation?

Guess fore/aft is all we get..... Hmph....

How much does it move in the animation?

Guess fore/aft is all we get..... Hmph....

Not too sure. I don't recall ever really paying attention to in. I would assume, engineering-wise, that the ability to angle the foot to give it a perfect 90 degree angle to the ground would be done by the lower portion of the foot, and not the upper. I guess just chalk it up to anime magic.

• 5 weeks later...

wow....

damn i feel insignifigant compared to you people!

if i sent my spare jetfire overto someone think it could get modded for a fee? i'm tool-less and hobbyshopless where i am :/

i think i have the parts to do it (i've like 4 scrapped jetfires and rebuilt 2 and a half, began to repaint 1 as a valk, but stopped midway since i went to the military, but now i'm out and wanna complete!)

BTW when you say "bootleg valk" you mean those little 1/100 scale bootlegs that flood on ebay every so often, or is there a 1/55 one?

or is this just another jetfire referance i've missed (i'm a newb, i've a license to be retarded)

Edit: looking over, looks like a 1/55 bootlegs from somewhere... where are those sold at?

agian, i'm retarded, so don't hurt me to much!

Grimlock, you still need help with your 1/55s?

Send me a pair of thighs and I will mod them for you.

:)

Sorry the updates are slow and they basically suck.... But I wanted to show the nose blisters and the painted thighs... I will color match them better later but I still have to fill some more seams.

More to come...

Next Steps:

1) Trim Swing Bar

2) Fill Seams, Finish Hand Mod

3) Disassemble, Sand, Paint

4) Reassemble, Clear Coat

5) Decal

post-318-1163829855_thumb.jpg

post-318-1163829867_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skull-1

Arm armor paint to go. A couple of minor seams to fill. Have to modify the shape of the canopy a little. It looks warped in the first view. Will fix that.

Features in this shot:

- Final paint application.

- Tapered Feet

- Modified Nose Blisters

- Modified Arm Position

- Modified Feet (Variable Position)

- Custom Beers Canopy (Center Frame to be Added)

- Painted Cockpit

I think we're about a week from being finished.

[attachmentid=38547]

[attachmentid=38548]

post-318-1164693541_thumb.jpg

post-318-1164693563_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skull-1

Well you got something better going on then what I did with a piece of crap Toynami VF-1A......it's almost impossible to take apart and put back together. But I think one day, when I get the time, I'll maybe do a VF-0 custom job with my own color scheme.

Thanks guys.

I still have to do a lot of things to this one before she's done but give me a week of time without having to stop and I should have it finished.

I still have some sanding on the nose to do I just noticed.

Crap.

I am also screwed for decals now that Devin is retired. :(

Edited by Skull-1

Oh and I forgot I have to do some other things to it before it is finished.

- Trim the Swing Bars.

- Collapse the Gun Pod.

- Sand the Nose Blisters.

At least you can see the slow progress.......

Edited by Skull-1

• 2 weeks later...

Swing bar trimmed down.....

Canopy lines drawn (not FUTURED yet which is why it looks "starred" so to speak, but that's next)...

Nose sanded and filled. Primered. Final paint to go.

Still awaiting a nose landing gear... :(

Damn.

post-318-1165975907_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skull-1

By accident I had a very tight swing bar that allowed me to fill and sand the hole on the left side of the Valk's nose and only use a single "friction pin" (on the right side). The nose is smooth as glass and thus will be perfect for the nose art I am going to print up for this Valk.

Gawd it is so close to being done.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, this weekend i'm ordering a big shipment of ball joints from HLJ and gonna hit a swap meet to see if i can find 4 or 5 bootlegs. I've been dieing to get back into this and i REALLY want to find a fix for the feet. I'm gonna get lateral movement out of these legs once and for all :-)