Vf-s1 Project

wongster

I am now finished the full transformation video. Its done in slow motion + sped up. I checked all collisions they're pretty much fixed... all I gotta do now is render hehehe.

Here is some eye candy in the mean time though, I started to texture the plane to give it a whole 'nother look.

post-2815-1149319440_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1149319444_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1149319450_thumb.jpg

Nice work... but you might wanna put those tail fins on a slight angle.

394314[/snapback]

+1 lol

heres's a picture from graham's yamato 1/48 VF-1A review ;

fighter-4.jpg

waiting for your VF-1A transformation video ;)

Edited by isamu_dyson

Nice work... but you might wanna put those tail fins on a slight angle.

394314[/snapback]

+1 lol

heres's a picture from graham's yamato 1/48 VF-1A review ;

fighter-4.jpg

waiting for your VF-1A transformation video ;)

405042[/snapback]

I have already posted the link for the fighter - gerwalk. Its done, but the fully rendered with all effects is going to be up on my website later. Right now its just a quick render with no reflections ... etc.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=67...3014250&q=VF+1S

anyway. I gave the plane a nosejob lol.

post-2815-1149357852_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1149357859_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

lol I never really liked the look of fast packs, they're kind of gross lol. I was thinking of possibly modelling the armoured suit.

I wasn't planning on changing the textures to this model at all. UV textures I find are somewhat frusterating lol. I can make the .psd (photoshop files) for all of the valk's textures available if anybody wants to customize the valk, then I can render it for you :D

Also this link has now changed since shaw hosting is being stupid.

This includes the all the modes and transformations this time, valk, gerwalk, and battloid.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/sbwong/_layout.htm

Got a bunch of projects on the go right now. I was going to help out with the freespace2 effort. Currently I am modelling macross city for Nanashi's short film. I will eventually get around to modelling the fast packs i suppose but it might be a while before i get around to it.

Edited by wongster

• 2 months later...

hey guys! i'm back! Its been a while, thought i might try modelling some body armour for the valk now. Could anybody hook me up with some specs?

Why, the Macross Mecha Manual should be able to help :) (shameless self-promotion!)

Armored Valkyrie

You can scroll down to the bottom of the entry for more black and white line art.

Hope that helps you out!

thanks, Mr. March statistics are awesome

... i never new the armour only worked in battloid mode but it makes since because it covers up the nose and would make it impossible to transform, come to think of it battloid is the only mode the armour is seen on in the show, even in macross zero

more images would be helpful

Orthographic views would be the nicests.

if anybody's got orthographic views of the reguld too that would be helpful

Edited by wongster

more images would be helpful

Orthographic views would be the nicests.

if anybody's got orthographic views of the reguld too that would be helpful

I'm afraid that's all I've got. I've never seen orthographic drawings of the GBP-1S. I'm not sure if any exist. Perhaps 1/48 scale Yamato CAD drawings, but those aren't "anime correct."

lol.... started the regult... its not pretty but its a start

0.o started on the fast packs too but things are goin slow because i have to work with my valk in the background... thinking of making a low poly version that i can work around so fast pack modelling goes faster.

also maybe going back to the old valk to make some mods as people have suggested but with lightwave its hard to go backwards lol... creating detail is a lot easier then getting rid of it >.<

post-2815-1175628264_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

Those legs look pretty damned solid right now. I can't tell due to the gray on gray, but did you put a slight curve on the legs front? Gonna do ALL 3-4 versions of the Regult?

*but crap now MY Regult will have to go into stand by mode because I'm not gonna work on one while someone else is! Ah well I've got those orthos of Tenchi ships...*

On the VF low poly. It depends. Do you need the full model as scale reference? If not then I'd just copy the attachment faces of where the FP rests and save the copied geometry and FP work to a file and simply NOT save the scene that you did it in to avoid changes to the VF.

Good start , wongster - I rate the the regult as one of the more difficult things to model for macross , so we will keep a look out on your progress. :)

chrono - come on , show us your regult .... :)

Edited by Rodavan

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I see what you mean.

What I suggest is that you build the leg so that it doesn't have any slanting to it. That way your working with less complex angles than building it in place. The legs don't slant that much at all and most of the angle can be dealt with by the 'knee' joint.

Also a tip. Throw down some rough primitives first before you start a build. This way you have some idea what issues may come up later on and can plan ahead on how to handle them! ;)

• 3 months later...

hmmm decided to redo the regult legs using spline modelling instead.

first pic is rough of the feet... gonna fix it a bit using weights cause the bottom is not quite right.

better then first attempt though

sorry guys haven't been here for a while lol

post-2815-1185773058_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1185773097_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1185815821_thumb.gif

post-2815-1185850266_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1185850291_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

the vf-1 model. I have been serching for a long time ago some nice papermodel of it but couldn´t find anyone. so I have decided to do it my self. I have no skills for that kind of work but if you could borrow me your model I´ll be able to unfold it and make a papercraft of it. I´ll post the results here, free of course, for all of you fans. thanks.

oh hey thanks guys. lol i don't know how that happened. Must have fell asleep while with my nose on the enter key? lmao i dunno i think its a forum bug... should probably report cause i don't actually remember changing my sig since like 4 months ago... and i just started using the forums again.

• 3 weeks later...