6 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Nice! But I think I'll just wait for the recently announced GX-71B to come out.

I can't find anything on this. Pics? Thanks!

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I can't find anything on this. Pics? Thanks!

I think he was teasing.

9 minutes ago, JB0 said:

I think he was teasing.

Well, that's not nice!:p

Anyone know a good stand for SoC Voltron? I feel Voltron could look amazing in aerial poses

1 minute ago, Alto-23 said:

Anyone know a good stand for SoC Voltron? I feel Voltron could look amazing in aerial poses

I like how you think!

The hefty weight of the combined form is gonna be an issue with any stand.

Maybe two or three flightpose/flexidisplay stands could do it?  But not sure if they ever resolved the paint rub issue with their clear ends.  And not sure if the newer versions have a hollowed out or solid base.

Again Voltie’s weight will be the biggest factor.

4 hours ago, Mog said:

Maybe two or three flightpose/flexidisplay stands could do it?  But not sure if they ever resolved the paint rub issue with their clear ends.  And not sure if the newer versions have a hollowed out or solid base.

Again Voltie’s weight will be the biggest factor.

I may take a look at making something out of billet aluminum that maybe I can find some good hard mount points for. I'll have to see what option I have once I get all my stuff unpacked. All I really need is one good anchor point and I could put a VERY sturdy stand together with lots of adjustment.

8 hours ago, Mog said:

I agree. I'd be mortified to put most SOCs on a stand in a flight pose as awesome as it would look. That actually gives me the willies thinking about it.

-------------------

3-336.png

23 hours ago, sqidd said:

I paid WAY too much money. But I got one....

Voltron Dark.jpg

That blazing sword effect is pretty cool. It'd like to see something like that for the SOC version.

It’s $400 lol that price mark up. 

On 9/4/2019 at 12:38 PM, sqidd said:

I may take a look at making something out of billet aluminum that maybe I can find some good hard mount points for. I'll have to see what option I have once I get all my stuff unpacked. All I really need is one good anchor point and I could put a VERY sturdy stand together with lots of adjustment.

Do it man! Lol

5 minutes ago, Alto-23 said:

It’s $400 lol that price mark up. 

Do it man! Lol

They wouldn't be inexpensive. Low run count CNC stuff never is. But, it could be stupid cool. Can also anodize just about any color/colors. When I get mine unpacked I'll take a look at him and some popular Voltron art/poses and see what I can come up with. It would be a fun passion project. Maybe we can get enough interest to run enough of them to keep costs reasonable. I'll donate all my time.

So all the usual US stores got theirs in, shipped 'em out, and BBTS is somehow selling extras at a significant markup, but I'm still waiting on eknight...

I had a long drive yesterday so I was able to put some thought into a SOC Voltron stand. I figured out how to do it for less money than billet aluminum. I can do it out of stainless steel and have my laser guy cut everything. It's a lot less expensive than billet/CNC work. I have some designs in my head. I wanted to check with you guys and see what you thought about a few details/potential directions.

-What sort of finish would you like to see. I could do "no finish" on them which has a certain charm and of course keeps costs down. The edges of the parts will have some "burn" marks from the laser. It's not bad looking, think of it more like patina. In the case of Voltron it may look pretty good because the stand wouldn't pull your eye away from the toy because it's let's say polished/shiny. The stainless itself wouldn't be "bright" either. It will have some marks, "scratches" etc from it being raw. Again, not crappy looking, more of a "battlefield" look. They of course could be had both ways. Polished and raw. The polished would of course be more money and would involve me adding that process (at another vendor). I'm just sticking my finger out in the wind here.

-What sort of poses would you guys like to be able to do if you could get the legs up off the ground? Post pics (they don't have to be of Voltron).

-What sort of look do you want to see? As minimalist as possible? Fancy?

That's all I can think of for now.

I unboxed my Titan Power "Not Voltron" yesterday. Yep, this guys is super playable. Fun toy to handle and pose. I really dig the proportions too. I tried a few poses that I saw @Kuma Style had on his site. Couldn't pull them off. I'm not sure how he gets so much hip articulation. I guess that's why he's the pro!

I'm really happy with this guy. Especially for the price!

Voltron 1.jpg

Voltron 2.jpg

Voltron 3.jpg

Eknight sent me an invoice for GX-71.  Finally!  Can't wait until it gets here.

@Kuma Style I'm starting to figure those hips out! Now all I have to do is take good pictures.:p

Man, I love this toy! Titan needs to do a VF-1S Hikaru with S&S parts. I'd buy all of them!

After reading your review on that monster Toys Alliance Optimus Prime I ordered it right up. More posing.

Voltron.jpg

Edited by sqidd

3 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

4-300.png?ssl=1

I need to take another shot at that one. I was scared of the hip articulation. Great pose and fantastic camera work!