Well since he's going to die in the next season of Walking Dead I don't blame him for trying to find work. ANY work....

Well since he's going to die in the next season of Walking Dead I don't blame him for trying to find work. ANY work....

in the comics or not that would be so stupid at this point.

Okay, I'm not sure I like the this new version of the robot, but I'm really digging what I've seen so far with the preview.

(yes, I changed this post from the original "do not like" version lol )

Edited by pengbuzz

I too am 3 episodes in. I love the Lion designs, the story though is definately more kid friendly. I'm with you though that I'll reserve judgement until I finish the series, but so far it seems like the overall tone is like one of the more lighthearted episodes of Avatar or Korra.....not bad but not amazing like the more serious episodes of those 2 shows could be.

Chris

I'm liking the animation though I'm not a fan of shows like Kora or anything, but it seems to work alright for this. The CG is rather neat and I like that they've added bits of weathering on the Lions to give it more depth, those kind of things are always fun to reproduce on the toys.
Koran pisses me off, he's my only complaint thus far. He really ruins the moment imo and when i think about it, he's my least liked character next to Hunk. That's about it though everything else I rather like of the series.
But I did notice a mistake. Shiro crashed on earth, yet they're not on earth after that point. But in episode 3 they return to his crashed ship...............which should of been on Earth......

I'm liking the animation though I'm not a fan of shows like Kora or anything, but it seems to work alright for this. The CG is rather neat and I like that they've added bits of weathering on the Lions to give it more depth, those kind of things are always fun to reproduce on the toys.

Koran pisses me off, he's my only complaint thus far. He really ruins the moment imo and when i think about it, he's my least liked character next to Hunk. That's about it though everything else I rather like of the series.

But I did notice a mistake. Shiro crashed on earth, yet they're not on earth after that point. But in episode 3 they return to his crashed ship...............which should of been on Earth......

They are different ships. Shiro crashed on Earth in one ship, but the one in episode 3 is the one that had the Red Lion, the Lions fought, and then Voltron. The survivors of the crash are the bad guys in the next few episodes. Shiro was just on that ship at some point during his captivity is all.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Just finished the series, mainlined it with the boys. Overall impressions are good, and we are looking forward to the second season.
Pros:
Nice fluid animation

Unique styling
Lots of nods to the original
New overall storyline
Nice designs all around
More fleshed out characters
Overall intelligent characters
Nice buildup/discovery of powers
Limited use of Voltron itself.
Legit bad guys you can believe are bad and not sure caricatures.
Cons:
Coran, I dislike that he has become a joke. In the original he was a man of refinement and dignity, now he is worse than a man out of time.
Pacing of the first episode. It started fine, but then felt rushed at the end in an effort to show us Voltron.
Too much comedy.
Lance/Keith rivalry, again too comedic.
Character Stupidity (I hate when smart characters can't see the obvious right in front of them.)
Reuse of animation (the show is making the same mistake as the original in regards to how Voltron forms)
They brought back the mice.
Has no one in the Voltron universe heard of operator's manuals?

I hope everyone caught the Millia and Roy cameos.

Saw Roy, where was Milia? Same scene?

As for the comedy---yeah, with how much humor comes from the pilots, we really didn't need an additional dedicated funny-man in Coran.

For toys---I pray for a good one. I REALLY like the designs, especially with how green lion has the shield integrated. Makes green and red more distinct, rather than simply "a bit rounder vs more edged" like the original. (Yellow and blue always were more unique, mainly in the heads/spines, but now they're even more so)

Finished season 1 and I say it's a pretty decent start.

By ep 11 we get to see how powerful Zarkon is. The guy is strong enough to take on the red lion without using a mech or growing larger

CG animation is better than expected and the 2D animation is consistent and for the most part pretty fluid. There's still some still frames here and there, but nothing too bad. Even though, it's an homage to the original I kind of wish they didn't have the stock footage of Voltron combining all the time or at least change the backgrounds. It's a little weird seeing galaxies behind Voltron while being in a desert. :lol: However, if there is one thing they need to improve it's the music. It's not as bad as the rap in Voltron Force, but the music for the most part aside from one 80s sounding track is pretty bland and forgettable.

Just about finished. Feels like it's to short of a series lineup. Needed atleast 14 more episodes.

Yeah it needed at least another 14 episodes, the way this ended was like it's a mid season cut like all the other shows out there lately. Bit frustrated that the show is called Voltron but we really saw so little of group merging and fighting anything. I mean I liked the show, but.....would of liked more.

Edited by Hikuro

hmm, i saw roy i think. the far away show of him showea great resemblance in the hair shape too. missed milia but i'm only a few episodes in.

Yeah I saw Roy first episode when hunk and lance are ducking down near the lunch room.

I kind of just laughed thinking what a cameo even if it was just a coincidence.

Saw Roy, where was Milia? Same scene?

I missed Roy and Milia, where are they? In the academy at the beginning?

I was going to do a screenshot from Netflix, but that seems to be blocked nowadays.

Anyway Millia can be seen in Ep. 1 just after Lance and Co. failed their simulation and the instructor starts giving them a mouthing (group of cadets).

Roy can be seen twice in Ep. 1, just after the Millia scene there will be a frontal shot of the instructor and slighly left you can see him standing in the distance from an elevated position. Second time you seem him is when Lance and Hunk are sneaking out (can't really miss this one).

The over first season is pretty even, though some episodes are better than others. The last episode, IMO, is really good and what I hope the next season will strive for in terms of tone. Overall, I really liked the show, but it is a little more light-hearted than I would've wanted. That being said, I remember the first season of Avatar, particularly the start of the season, being much more lighthearted and "kiddie like" then what the series evolved into.....so Bring on a season 2! I am a fan. ;)

Anyone else notice how he enemy insignia looks like the Mandolor symbol from Star Wars? Also I went back a found Milia and Roy....that was awesome! Was the guy behind Milia another cameo too? He looked familiar too...at first I thought Hikaru but it's not.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Lol right? Well maybe not an idiot but to damn awkward for my tastes.

You're all gonna feel horrable when you find out he actually has a progressivd cold sleep disorder, that will eventually render him a vegetable. Over the course of the series, he'll get even mpre and more deranged, until he can no longer function.