Yes, more Voltron!

Have you guys experienced and breakage yet? I've been trying to research as much as I can on this toy and the most consistant issue seems to be the loosening of the joints due to crazy poses and such. What's the best formation or pose to store them in? Assembled Voltron? or as as the seperate lions? In package with limbs folded, etc? Does Black Lion's jaws loose tightness from forming the head too much?

Thanks.

the toy's biggest issues from what I've heard is it's inability to suppport all the die-cast weight...

I have one, and it is.

You pretty much have to settle for the legs in a standing pose. It's a *good* standing pose, mind you. It's still better than the original Matchbox styled version, imo, but you can't do anything dynamic with the legs because the die-cast weight works against such poses.

Hello!

I used to watch Voltron when I was about five, and I remember really liking it. Recently, it's come back on Boomerang. Now I have a craving for the five lions. ^-^

I remember owning a small-ish (probably about 8 inches tall) voltron toy. The lions had little poseable legs, and they'd fit together to form the mecha. I believe it came with the sword and the shield. I think the lions' legs were made out of a slightly rubbery plastic, but it's been so long I can't remember. This might have been a KO. If that's the case, does anybody have any idea where I could get one, or something similar, and at what price? I'm looking for whatever's cheapest. :)

Well at least you guys seem to have a decent MPC Voltron. I bought mine about a month ago and when I opened it up everything was fine until I reached the black lion. Apparently someone at the factory make the ball joint for the black lion's head secure enough into the socket. On mine the head just moves freely without any friction stopping it. Although the head doesn't fly off the socket it rather just can't hold a pose and can only look at the direction gravity is pulling it. Very disappointing after hearing how solid the MPC Voltron was. :angry:

Hello!

I used to watch Voltron when I was about five, and I remember really liking it. Recently, it's come back on Boomerang. Now I have a craving for the five lions. ^-^

I remember owning a small-ish (probably about 8 inches tall) voltron toy. The lions had little poseable legs, and they'd fit together to form the mecha. I believe it came with the sword and the shield. I think the lions' legs were made out of a slightly rubbery plastic, but it's been so long I can't remember. This might have been a KO. If that's the case, does anybody have any idea where I could get one, or something similar, and at what price? I'm looking for whatever's cheapest. :)

For starters there's this that's upcoming:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

or you can find the previous die-cast version which is over $100.

Check the other Voltron thread for details.

Edited by Alpha OTS

Well at least you guys seem to have a decent MPC Voltron. I bought mine about a month ago and when I opened it up everything was fine until I reached the black lion. Apparently someone at the factory make the ball joint for the black lion's head secure enough into the socket. On mine the head just moves freely without any friction stopping it. Although the head doesn't fly off the socket it rather just can't hold a pose and can only look at the direction gravity is pulling it. Very disappointing after hearing how solid the MPC Voltron was. :angry:

Sorry to hear that. :( Are you able to pull the head off, and maybe apply some crazy glue or nail polish to the ball joint(letting it dry first of course) to stiffen it up? I don't know how much give's on the head though, so if it doesn't come off easy, I wouldn't force it.

ive seen the big 10 old one go kinda cheap on ebay before.....not MIB, but nuff to get you started im sure =-)

thanks for the linky... quoting " Also shown was a new display stand for Voltron. This stand will be sold separately and come with blades for each of the Lions as well as a Lion key. " seems to indicate they are removable! whoot! ( now should i keep the key on my keyring and modify my ingnition in my car to use it ???? mwahahahahaha!! Dynotherms, CONNECTED lol

Sorry to hear that. :( Are you able to pull the head off, and maybe apply some crazy glue or nail polish to the ball joint(letting it dry first of course) to stiffen it up? I don't know how much give's on the head though, so if it doesn't come off easy, I wouldn't force it.

I'm thinking about putting some rubber between the ball joint and the socket. Hopefully that works.

• 2 weeks later...

After a couple of years of Umming and Ahhing i found one at a price i was happy with and grabbed it. SHould be here ina couple of weeks. MIGHT get the plstic one just to useas a display piece; I can have the lions seperate or something.

Bring on Veihcle Voltron.

.........and he arrives.

u know i have heard people complaina bout the packaging of Toynami masterpice stuff, and frankly I disagree with you all. I think its some inspired work. It isnt often u get a package that looks this good, and i always like the nes on the Robotech toys also. So Bravo.

The toy itself is amazing. From the weight to the paint jobs to the articulation, colour me VERY satisfied wioth my purchase. Its got a decent height, it looks great and cool together and seperate....whats not to like? I say thee bravo TOynami.

After getting it i gave soem more thought to Vehicle Voltron. im sure i remember rerading it couldnt happen because the rights to the design were lost, but maybe im wrong. The biggest problem i see with Voltron 2 is the hips; How do u possibly make those joints work given the limitations of the parts that attach? The rest should be fine....but those hips i dunno.

Still, it'd be awesome if they made one...

Bring on Veihcle Voltron

I too would die for a MP Deluxe Dairugger XV-Vehicle Team Voltron. It should be die-cast. When I had the Matchbox set back in the day, I wondered if the original was metal (obviously not), but even so thought it should have been. Yeah, the leg articulation would definitely be tricky to make happen if a MP is considered.

Congratulations on your MP Lion Force. I just got my first set about a week ago too--beautiful work. I love it and am considering buying another set for a MISB backup when I can afford to.

My advise:

Watch fingerprints on the chrome and paint. Loosen the leg joint screws a bit to relieve stress and risk of breakage. I also use a microfibre cloth when handling it.

Edited by rei

wow, i knew golion was pretty violent, but didnt think stuff like that happened, just thought it was like the monsters getting cut or a few blood. lol, no i wanna watch the japanese go-lion series. =P

i still got my 90's die cast voltron that came out when they made that 3rd dimension one. anyone remember that? lol

IMG_1788.jpg

was thinking bout selling it. wonder how much its worth.

so is there any news on the toynami plastic version?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
New advertisement for King of Beasts: Go-Lion.

It's rather funny and a bit gory.

Anyone else pick this up? The original storyline and the few bits of unedited violence don't make up for the aged animation or the "fisher-price-my-first-microphone" quality audio production.

Like Axl says, some things would be better, if we'd all just let them be...

Edited by myk

After getting it i gave soem more thought to Vehicle Voltron. im sure i remember rerading it couldnt happen because the rights to the design were lost, but maybe im wrong. The biggest problem i see with Voltron 2 is the hips; How do u possibly make those joints work given the limitations of the parts that attach? The rest should be fine....but those hips i dunno.

So is Crapnami going to release Vehicle Voltron??? I would love to get a toy of this .....

:rolleyes:

I picked up the Golion set last week and have watched the first two discs. I never watched more then a few episodes of Voltron back in the day, but so far I'm getting a nostalgic kicks of sorts watching this. I know I'll never be able to watch Voltron after having seen this!

But forever now engrained in my head is the opening theme song!

"Juan... plus Juan... plus Juan... plus Juan... plus Juan... Golion!" :D

(I know it's "one", but the Japanese vocalist makes it sound like "Juan" :) )

.........and he arrives.

u know i have heard people complaina bout the packaging of Toynami masterpice stuff, and frankly I disagree with you all. I think its some inspired work. It isnt often u get a package that looks this good, and i always like the nes on the Robotech toys also. So Bravo.

The toy itself is amazing. From the weight to the paint jobs to the articulation, colour me VERY satisfied wioth my purchase. Its got a decent height, it looks great and cool together and seperate....whats not to like? I say thee bravo TOynami.

Hey I'm the biggest Toynami hater here, and I always mention Voltron as the one toy they got right. Pity about the Alpha... they were so close, design was there... but execution ruined it all.

"Juan... plus Juan... plus Juan... plus Juan... plus Juan... Golion!" :D

UUUUGGHHH.

Even while trying to look past the bad audio production I can't help but reach for the US version of this stuff instead...

• 2 weeks later...

Cheaper is what makes it appealing to me. I like Voltron, but I can't justify $150 for something I already own in the form of the 80's Matchbox and 90's Trendmaster metal lion sets. Besides, doesn't the MP-metal lion set have trouble supporting its metal-self?

mines yellow lion's spring that holds it together in voltron mode doesn't work so great... kinda dont like leaving it hanging as im worried will fall out. So plastic is prob a good solution. It looks awesome, pity bout the lack of mini weapons ( at least the stand has them that you can buy now)