I've got it narrowed down---I want a Voltron toy, where the lions have necks. No neck=not a good lion mode. They will NEVER look right in lion mode by having the head attach directly to the body. (it's also essential for posing)

I mean, LOOK:

Pidge_on_Green_Lion.jpg

Lance_and_Red_lion.jpg

Those are some of the most iconic drawings of the lions ever (because we saw them each and every time we watched) and are thus pretty much everyone's basis of what they should look like in lion mode.

Finally a decent review.

I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot Toynami pole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AADB-j6xa2k&feature=g-u-u&context=G28852fcFUAAAAAAABAA

Ah - this is about the Mattel Lion Force Voltron. I was worried that it was a bad review about the new Vehicle Force Voltron from Miracle Productions. Whew!

I miss my old die cast lion voltron.

It had like 12 various blades for each lion, and what seemed like 100 tiny yellow missiles. More importantly, it was awesome. This was in the early 80's, and it cost $200 then. I can imagine the price for it now...

--EDIT--

Just went back a page and saw the Trendmasters re-issue. That was the exact same box! I wonder if it comes with the tiny missiles...

Lets see, the Blue Lion had a disk launcher, and a pop up missile launcher on the head. Yellow Lion had the big missile launcher on his back...

Edited by one_klump

The reviewer in the video states that he had paint chips on some of the joint areas, and to me that's acceptable, considering that if I'm going to own something it's going to get used and it will suffer the usual chips, scratches, etc. The comment he made about some lions with their springs and stuff popping out is not a good sign, however. And, I'm not sure about the Tonka look of the toy itself.

Ultimately I would agree with the reviewer in the video about the high price, however the problem of premium prices attached to obviously sup-par toys/collectibles is the nature of the beast and collecting in general. Yamato anyone? Most of us have grudgingly learned to live with it. The bright side of that video was the idea of Bandai possibly releasing a Go-Lion; now that's something I could look forward to...

I think I'm on bigkids group buy list.

I honestly don't transform voltron after a while. My Golions are just sitting there in Voltron mode.

I do agree that matty collectors customer service are the worst around. They truly suck. People have been complaining about them since He-Man classics started and they've just gotten worse. And Mattel keeps making up excuses for them. Matty collector's policies also suck. They make the worst decisions. I'll try to get the lions some other way. Not thru their site.

Finally a decent review.

I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot Toynami pole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AADB-j6xa2k&feature=g-u-u&context=G28852fcFUAAAAAAABAA

Decent because its negative?

Nevermind the many people who have reviewed it and think it's great.

I seriously don't get the hate leveled at this toy. It's treated like freaking satan when it's a perfectly good toy representation of Voltron. If this had been made in the 80's everyone would have nostalgiagasms for it. Then again most of the negative comments come from people who don't have one and never intended to get one in the first place.

It's only "expensive" because people expect a web exclusive toy to have Wal Mart prices for some reason.

I seriously don't get the hate leveled at this toy. It's treated like freaking satan when it's a perfectly good toy representation of Voltron. If this had been made in the 80's everyone would have nostalgiagasms for it. Then again most of the negative comments come from people who don't have one and never intended to get one in the first place.

It's not any better than anything that's come before, and it's inferior in many ways (like the basic transformation sequence having the legs fold the wrong way).

It's BIG but that's it. True, a 1/30 version of a Takatoku 1/55 VF-1 may be a god-send to many people, but raw size wouldn't make it better than a 1/48 or V2 1/60 from Yamato... (especially if the backpack folded up the wrong way)

Voltron gets too much love.

What about WEP's other great? Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs?

While I really like Voltron, I'd definitely buy some Saber Rider & the Star Sheriffs toys if they were available!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's awesome to see the vehicle voltron progress and since that shot was from the factory the figure shouldn't be too far away from release. Proportions now look great. Now miracle productions has to get on it and take some hi-res sexy photos for me to be pushed over the edge to buy this thing.

• 1 month later...

David Oaks gives to the folks at CDX an exclusive first look at Vehicle Voltron

My goodness that is a ton of metal. If MP was more of an established company I would probably have put down a pre-order already, but since this is their first outing with a transforming metal piece I still want to wait and see some reviews. However, the more I see, the more I'm itching to pre-order. -_-

Recently I saw the tow first initial episodes of Voltron Force.

Taking the animation (sometimes fails), and going against the story chronology made ​​by Americans (if I understood correctly,the Vehicle Voltron Force was ripped ...).

It was good to see him return in animated series.

Although it would called personnel Marathon Production, or even Rainmaker Entertainment.

• 1 month later...

I've got it narrowed down---I want a Voltron toy, where the lions have necks. No neck=not a good lion mode. They will NEVER look right in lion mode by having the head attach directly to the body. (it's also essential for posing)

I mean, LOOK:

Pidge_on_Green_Lion.jpg

Lance_and_Red_lion.jpg

Those are some of the most iconic drawings of the lions ever (because we saw them each and every time we watched) and are thus pretty much everyone's basis of what they should look like in lion mode.

With all this Voltron stuff coming out, is the old diecast version still the best? I still have my old one. I might try to find a new version. Mine doesn't have the weapons and the Black Lion's ear is broken. I probably kept it for the lions as they are really cool. I always posed them sitting like in the end credits. I want to see accurate lion designs that are more high end like the Yamato valkyries.

While I really like Voltron, I'd definitely buy some Saber Rider & the Star Sheriffs toys if they were available!

I love Saber Rider. I picked up the two disc soundtrack a while back. There is supposed to be a 3DS game coming out. I've only found vintage toys but I would love to see Hot Toys do some Saber Rider figures. Or someone attempt a transforming Ramrod with areas for the vehicles. I know it wouldn't be anime accurate. Ramrod seemed huge on the inside!

Edited by JetJockey