Over last weekend I had a chance to de-form my SOC Voltron and have a little fun with the lions and all the accessories.  Admittingly this is my only Bandai SOC figure to date, but I just can't get over how gorgeous and well made this thing is.  Everything just screams quality.  I truly can't wait to have Vehicle Voltron come in just in time for Xmas this year!  

20190622_174839.jpg

20190623_082343.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Valkyrie23 said:

Darn, looks like it is gone. I still need a SOC Lion 

Yeah. It only lasted about eight minues, if that.

Value is often determined through the lens of our childhood I guess? GoLion was the best Voltron IMHO but notalgia is what get's me buying VV, Daimos, Voltes V, Mazinger Z, Macross, etc. It's certainly why I prioritize VF-1's vs Delta and Frontier stuff.

Anywho, whatever happened to Voltron 3 (3 robots merge into one with 6 arms)? Anyone remember that?

21 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Value is often determined through the lens of our childhood I guess? GoLion was the best Voltron IMHO but notalgia is what get's me buying VV, Daimos, Voltes V, Mazinger Z, Macross, etc. It's certainly why I prioritize VF-1's vs Delta and Frontier stuff.

Anywho, whatever happened to Voltron 3 (3 robots merge into one with 6 arms)? Anyone remember that?

Lightspeed ElectroGod Albegas (Kosoku Denjin Arubegasu) known as Voltron Gladiator Force never got produced. Though figure-wise, Evolution Toys just released one last May 2019.

Would love to have an Albegas figure in my collection. But I still don't trust Evolution Toys after their VF-2SS disaster.

Edited by no3Ljm

21 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Abandoned before the cartoon was localized, in favor of creating more Lion Voltron episodes after it became a runaway hit.

I did see the toys as a kid once, and thought they looked cool. But in fairness, I thought ALL toy robots looked cool. The more chrome and sci-fi theming, the better.

Never liked the Lion Voltron.....I have always preferred the Vehicle Voltron, but more so for the sum of its parts rather than the whole....I like those funky vehicles and always kept the old toy separated rather than combined...

This was the first non-Macross toy I PO'd in a while....hope it's worth it

4 minutes ago, JB0 said:

Abandoned before the cartoon was localized, in favor of creating more Lion Voltron episodes after it became a runaway hit.

I did see the toys as a kid once, and thought they looked cool. But in fairness, I thought ALL toy robots looked cool. The more chrome and sci-fi theming, the better.

Not to mention the missile-firing or punching-firing feature that comes with it too. ;) 

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

I honestly don’t see why you guys love this one so much. Never cared for VV at all. Different strokes I guess.

Chris

Funny enough, I never really liked vehicle Voltron either, even though I had one as a kid and remember very specifically playing with it all the time. Funny enough never at the same time as lion Voltron, which I also had.

I wasn't even going to order GX-88, but the "gotta have it, collector bug" bit me and so I placed my order.

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

Exactly, nostalgia is a powerful drug. 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Not to mention the missile-firing or punching-firing feature that comes with it too. ;) 

Always had a love/hate relationship with firing missile gimmicks, as a kid I liked to have the option but either always lost or broke either the projectile or the launcher. :lol:

-b.

Whoever posed VV shouldn’t have mixed the hand types.  

Hope the big fist type (that the red car is showing in the display) can also hold the sword.

I do kinda wish we also had the option to attach the forearm cars with the tops facing to the sides (rather than always facing front).

Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. Eknight told me September.

EDIT: but they're in the US. Dunno if that makes a difference. Didn't the first run get a Voltron slipcover to to over the Golion box or something?

Edited by mikeszekely

Apparently, NY was delayed in getting their stock, so mine just barely shipped this week. <_<

I sneaked on another message board and saw that some people already got theirs shipped and delivered from other Japanese vendors.

So, I FINALLY got my copy of Voltron (technically the Golion version. . . even though it also has the display logo for Voltron too).

I knew going in that it would be smaller than my old Vehicle Voltron:

235448474_VoltSizeCompare.JPG.7349e44d6a09528ff1e21058a907ef39.JPG

BUT, HOLY COW!!  This SOC sucker's got some massive heft to it!  It's way heavier than even the old VV above!

Such an awesome toy to play with.  Whether it's the lions themselves or the combined form, the posing options are off the charts.  Two-handed sword poses?  No problems.  Sitting lions?  Easy.  Add in the numerous accessories, and I can see why this is the DEFINITIVE Lion Voltron to get.

It's actually the Detolf shelf itself that's limiting my posing options (along with me wanting to save space for the upcoming Vehicle Voltie), not the figure itself:

763566045_VoltieDisplay.jpg.b371a3a716ccead747d8876d3b011291.jpg

I would have liked to have used all the mouth blades as an off-hand weapon or been able to grip the shield/spinning laser blade in the lion's mouth/hand.  And one of the feet on my red lion keeps popping off.  But these are just minor nits on my part.

It's easy to see why this toy got all the accolades and praise it got!  Super happy with this purchase!

355266302_VoltFist-Bump.JPG.491050318466fa7661d439f7d74f5186.JPG

10 hours ago, yman1437 said:

So some has received the gx-71 reissue from NY? Mine is still in prepayment ok. Sending ticket a second time just now ..

I'm still waiting mine but from BBTS,  already fully paid  yesterday and waiting from *Processing status to *Shipped.  :)