7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Just curious. Can the SoC Black Lion can sit and pose like this?

Kieth_on_Black_Lion.jpg

No, the only lions that can pull off that pose are the Yellow and Blue lions from the Toynami Ultimate EX.  And it’s black lion can do a decent sit as well but not as good as the other two.  It’s a great piece even though it’s Toynami.

7 minutes ago, kanedaestes said:

Actually it gets close. Bandai did their beat to make all the lion be able to sit and have great individual articulation 

Making the lions able to sit like dogs was apparently a primary engineering goal, since it is iconic. They didn't say it, but I suspect also because the rest of the engineering is child's play(it isn't THAT diffrent from the original toy).

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Those lions always looked more like dogs anyway.

I mean, you can SEE the Akita in that pose...

Kieth_on_Black_Lion.jpg

gooooooood boy...

5 hours ago, Killaforevah said:

Anyone knows which US retailers will be carrying this? Other than BBTS

No listings in the following US based e-tailers, yet, but they do carry Bandai GX items and they did sell the original release of Voltron.:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/

http://www.eknightmedia.com/

I'm sure there are others.

As curious as I am about this GX from a toy engineering and execution point of view, and that's the only reason I'd buy a Voltron figure as it holds no nostalgia, or even aesthetic, appeal to me otherwise, I just can't justify its cost.  I can't remember, but was the original release also retailing, at US e-tailers, for $299.99?

6 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

As curious as I am about this GX from a toy engineering and execution point of view, and that's the only reason I'd buy a Voltron figure as it holds no nostalgia, or even aesthetic, appeal to me otherwise, I just can't justify its cost.  I can't remember, but was the original release also retailing, at US e-tailers, for $299.99?

yes, the original msrp at US e-tailers were also at $299.99

Ffs. Bandai, you suck. This happened the first time, thought i would get lucky the 2nd time, but... no. 

Who does it benefit not making enough to supply those who want to buy? I guess I'll support KO makers on this one, so disappointing.