As a kid I loved lion Voltron.  I wasn't as big on vehicle Voltron, but one day my dad bought me and my brother each a Voltron toy.  Turned out he got us each one of the three guys that made up Gladiator Voltron.  With only two of the three guys needed to make a whole Voltron, and those two guys being part of the only Voltron without a show of its own, I learned to appreciate the vehicle Voltron a lot more.

40 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Okay.... now i just need to fins a junker Vehicle Voltron combining set that I can kitbash and add insane articulation to.

Y'know...to go along with my Lion Voltron. :D

Or, y'know, pick up the SoC Vehicle Voltron when it hits.

Edited by mikeszekely

I still would like to see a Lion Voltron in the action line. I might even consider Vehicle Voltron in that line too. They need to pick up speed with it, I thought the next one would be announced by now.

Got one (hopefully) at HLJ - order Acknowledgement and Confirmation emails.

AmiAmi and HobbySearch both crapped out on me. Didn't get one the first time around so hopefully no surprises about limited stock...

-b.

1 minute ago, Grey728 said:

I got one from HLJ as well. Confirmation and everything. Now let's hope it's not a fluke and my order doesn't get cancelled. 

Exactly how I feel.

Just now, Mog said:

Is this the infamous Bandai pre-order madness I always hear about?:unsure:

Even if you're being sarcastic (lol) - the answer is yuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppp

A good friend mentioned/reminded me that there might be a US release so hopefully, that will be my safety blanket.

-b.

5 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Even if you're being sarcastic (lol) - the answer is yuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppp

I've been out of the Macross Valk game for a LONG while now (last bird I got was the TV-Style Yamato 1/48 Max).

So, wasn't sure if it's just a "Bandai Macross" thing or a "Bandai in general" thing.

In any case, nothing up on NY just yet (just the original release at ridiculous premium).

Just now, Mog said:

I've been out of the Macross Valk game for a LONG while now (last bird I got was the TV-Style Yamato 1/48 Max).

So, wasn't sure if it's just a "Bandai Macross" thing or a "Bandai in general" thing.

In any case, nothing up on NY just yet (just the original release at ridiculous premium).

All good, yeah this is the world we live in now with regards to hot or popular Bandai items. Macross HMR or DX Chogokin, Gundam Metal Build or GFFMC, SH Figuarts, Soul of Chogokin and really any other "must have" item.

It's equal parts fun and frustrating, with it leaning more towards the latter for the items you really, really want - but can't get.

-b.

On 2/25/2019 at 10:19 PM, mikeszekely said:

As a kid I loved lion Voltron.  I wasn't as big on vehicle Voltron, but one day my dad bought me and my brother each a Voltron toy.  Turned out he got us each one of the three guys that made up Gladiator Voltron.  With only two of the three guys needed to make a whole Voltron, and those two guys being part of the only Voltron without a show of its own, I learned to appreciate the vehicle Voltron a lot more.

Or, y'know, pick up the SoC Vehicle Voltron when it hits.

That's a neat idea, only I'm poor. As in: I'm so poor, I cannot even pay attention. So, unless someone's willing to buy it for me, finding an old junker at a yard sale or flea market is the best I can do.

43 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

That's a neat idea, only I'm poor. As in: I'm so poor, I cannot even pay attention. So, unless someone's willing to buy it for me, finding an old junker at a yard sale or flea market is the best I can do.

Best of luck to you on that.

I thankfully was able to keep the Air and Sea Team I bought years ago in fairly good condition, but I had to spend a significant chunk of change to get the Land Team.

There's just too many parts that can break down on the old Bandai/Matchbox one (the clips on the red fighter, the fists breaking and no longer staying inside the arms, the connections on the hip joints not holding or getting locked into place, just to name a few).

Plus, you're dealing with a 30+ year old toy.

You might luck out on a knock-off, but the odds aren't favorable.

P.S.--Looks like NY's pre-order for Golion is already sold out.

^^Yah, went from Y26,800 (or Y28,600) to Y31,990.

. . . And now, it's sold out at Y31,990. :wacko:

Got one order in, but I'm hoping against hope that Dairugger XV won't be as crazy.

. . . And yet again, NY jacks it up to Y37,000! :bigshok:

Edited by Mog
March (Preorder) Madness

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Was anyone able to get one from NY? I'm still on the wheel of death for over 30 mins now and I can see that it is sold out but just hoping.

I managed to snag one at the original list price.  Took 15 minutes though...

dammit was thinking of picking up a reissue...oh well.  i guess i'll just be very careful in handling the original or pick up the FJ KO.  when does vehicle voltron hit?  don't want to miss on that.  the one i have is the questionably licensed (or not) one from a few years back.  miracle i think?  lots of diecast, but not bad but not as stable and sturdy as an SOC would be.

11 hours ago, Mog said:

Best of luck to you on that.

I thankfully was able to keep the Air and Sea Team I bought years ago in fairly good condition, but I had to spend a significant chunk of change to get the Land Team.

There's just too many parts that can break down on the old Bandai/Matchbox one (the clips on the red fighter, the fists breaking and no longer staying inside the arms, the connections on the hip joints not holding or getting locked into place, just to name a few).

Plus, you're dealing with a 30+ year old toy.

You might luck out on a knock-off, but the odds aren't favorable.

P.S.--Looks like NY's pre-order for Golion is already sold out.

As long as the main bodies are in reasonable shape, the connectors aren't important. I'll probably rebuild them anyways to my specs.