3 hours ago, kanedaestes said:

Yes and it's terrible 

OK I'm glad it just isn't me then.  WTF was the idea behind that monstrosity?  Oh and it's  $400 to boot...

Word of caution guys, the poseable tail ends for the red and green lions comes off pretty easily.  I took green lion to dinner this evening and afterwards, as I was walking around the mall, I realized the tail-end was missing.  Luckily, when I returned to the table I found the piece under the table.  I'll be storing the tails for both red and green lions separately, for safety...

Lol.  I brought yellow lion with me the day before that while the girlfriend went shopping.  To be funny I posed it as sitting down on a shelf with shoes.  The reaction from some passers-by was priceless...

13 hours ago, len_d69 said:

Very nice!!! By the way, what lion force is that? looks Very nice. Custom?

Thanks! Yeah, it's a Trendmasters Galaxy Guard Mini Voltron Figure that I reworked. I'm looking to find an original Lion Force Diecast one (Matchbox or Trensmasters) I cannot afford 200 dollars for a MISB, and even 50 bucks for a used one is a stretch. I may be waiting forever on that unless I can find a junker one to restore, but even those are expensive! Until then, this one will have to do.

Before (image courtesy of wamaam on Ebay, as I didn't get a before shot):

Galaxy%20Guard%20Voltron%20Figure%20Ebay

After:

100_7793_zps8ar7na1w.jpg

8 hours ago, kanedaestes said:

Finally ordered mine. Will be here Monday. Can't wait till finally get rid of the Toynami one

The Toynami one can't be THAT bad.  Is it?

I never like the proportions, and due to the diecast in the body of the lions but not their legs and feet, is the overall joints aren't as strong. To be fair the all plastic version is much better but I never got one. Like much of Toynami's offering it filled a void in my collection but was I never truly happy much like the Toynami VF-1. It was bad but before the rise of Yamato or spending a fortune on old Bandai toys it served its purpose at the time. I was almost on the verge of getting the Madkings King of Beasts but this was announced last year. 24 hours left to go till I have the Voltron I've been waiting for. 

Speaking of the Madkings King of Beasts, does the GX-71 make the Madkings toy obsolete?  

Edit: I just checked out the Madkings toy and that thing is UGLY.  I would even take the Toynami version over that thing any day.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Edited by myk

26 minutes ago, myk said:

Speaking of the Madkings King of Beasts, does the GX-71 make the Madkings toy obsolete?  

Edit: I just checked out the Madkings toy and that thing is UGLY.  I would even take the Toynami version over that thing any day.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

That is kind of how I feel about the Madking one, which really answers your question.

I'd argue(and I believe I have previously) that the SoC doesn't make the Madking obsolete because they cater to completely different subsets of the market. One is for people that want the original toy, just with better proportions, more detail, and maybe some poseability if it isn't too much to ask. The other is for people that want a more stylized and modern re-imagining of the iconic robot.

The Madking one will be obsoleted by a SoC of Legendary Defender Voltron. :p

Fair enough.  With that being said I prefer a less stylized version.  As I get older my taste in everything gets as boring as I am...

Well, I finally got around to giving that series a watch.  So far I'm liking it story-wise; however the Voltron design itself I am not a fan of.  As usual, I think that most things from the 80's should be left as they were; there was nothing wrong with them to begin with.  Go Lion's original incarnation will always be timeless to me...

40 minutes ago, myk said:

Well, I finally got around to giving that series a watch.  So far I'm liking it story-wise; however the Voltron design itself I am not a fan of.  As usual, I think that most things from the 80's should be left as they were; there was nothing wrong with them to begin with.  Go Lion's original incarnation will always be timeless to me...

I too have an affinity for the original, but acknowledge it was going to be a hard design to sell to modern children. Thankfully, they didn't reinvent it as a big ball of bayformers-inspired scrap.

And there is one thing I feel is a legitimate improvement.  The red across the chest of the original lion Voltron tends to flow into the red lion and make it appear more important than the rest. I feel like removing that red from the chest removes that emphasis and makes them appear more equal.

21 hours ago, JB0 said:

I too have an affinity for the original, but acknowledge it was going to be a hard design to sell to modern children. Thankfully, they didn't reinvent it as a big ball of bayformers-inspired scrap.

And there is one thing I feel is a legitimate improvement.  The red across the chest of the original lion Voltron tends to flow into the red lion and make it appear more important than the rest. I feel like removing that red from the chest removes that emphasis and makes them appear more equal.

I hear what you're saying.   I dunno though; I think the kids of today would like the original Go lion just fine.  Who knows.

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Can't really stop playing with this thing...."form solar spear and twirling shiny shield throwing star thingie! "

20170210_213031.jpg

20170210_213421.jpg

Wow, good poses.  I haven't even had a chance to combine mine yet...

I love that it looks like Mickey Mouse is imatating Voltron in this picture!

IMG_0134.thumb.JPG.803f69901a1d51941145b1c2365a4f4c.JPG

Great pictures and poses, wish I could afford one.

Chris

Edited by Dobber