On 1/14/2017 at 1:27 PM, F360 said:

It shouldn't really take 2 weeks, fedex smart post normally have a more generous eta since they can't control when your local postal station will distribute your package for delivery. It should not take fedex more than 7 days to hand it over to USPS so I'm gonna expect it around the end of next week, hopefully  :D.  I'm in SF, eta is 1/25

You got yours yet? Mine got pushed back to this Wednesday.

For those of you who are still waiting for their golion to show up, what online retailer did you buy from? I used amiami and received mine on january 3rd....three weeks ago and i am on the US east coast. 

I know US retailers get their stock after the Japanese retailers but it seems like some of you guys have been waiting an exceptionally long time....even without the west coast rain/flooding slowing things down. 

This is in no way meant as a bragging post. I am just curious as to who the retailers with a longer processing/shipping time are. Thanks. 

Edited by Jeremy007

I got mine from Anime Island. It was the cheapest deal around at that time and I know they tend to get it later than other retailers and use the cheapest shipping method since its free shipping.

2 hours ago, dapro said:

I got mine from Anime Island. It was the cheapest deal around at that time and I know they tend to get it later than other retailers and use the cheapest shipping method since its free shipping.

Ditto. Mine arrived this morning.  And I swear FedEx was trolling me. It made three stops before it moved south at all(I'm in Texas). And then they gave it to the USPS on friday night so it would sit in a warehouse all weekend.

8 hours ago, Jeremy007 said:

For those of you who are still waiting for their golion to show up, what online retailer did you buy from? I used amiami and received mine on january 3rd....three weeks ago and i am on the US east coast. 

I know US retailers get their stock after the Japanese retailers but it seems like some of you guys have been waiting an exceptionally long time....even without the west coast rain/flooding slowing things down. 

This is in no way meant as a bragging post. I am just curious as to who the retailers with a longer processing/shipping time are. Thanks. 

I'm Wondering Why a US based heavy hitter like BBTS is also a part of the long wait.  My Go Lion is in CA now, but it clearly took longer than some of you guys...

8 hours ago, Jeremy007 said:

I wouldn't say its a long wait.  it's really nothing more than when they get their stock and the shipping method chosen along with how far you are from their warehouse.  

Stores can't ship out what they don't have.   Most US stores didn't get their stock until close to 01-12-17.  BBTS didn't get their stock until the 16th or so.  

On 12/31/2016 at 1:13 AM, myk said:

$300 never looked so good.  I can finally retire my 80's die cast number...

At this rate, I'll settle for the 80's die cast number. This newest one is a treasure, but 300 dollars is 301 dollars more than I can afford!

38 minutes ago, myk said:

Great.  Looks like someone stole my Go Lion from my front door.   I freaking HATE thieves more than anything else...

That utterly sucks.  I've had packages delivered to the wrong house a couple of times... like having the online tracking show the parcel as left by the front door, only to arrive home and having nothing there, and seeing it sitting on the next door neighbors' front steps; that is annoying/heart stopping enough, but having some low-life punck just take the box right off your front door...

Definitely try to file a claim; that's what shipping insurance is for.

1 hour ago, myk said:

Great.  Looks like someone stole my Go Lion from my front door.   I freaking HATE thieves more than anything else...

Thats sucks , Is your neighbor hood normally safe to leave packages at your front door? If not , Did you leave a note for the courier telling them not to leave it at your door?

The courier might have also selected the wrong option on their scanning device and brought the package back with them to the station for reattempt .  Call them to ask where did the courier leave it.  

Check with your neighbor they might recieved for you too.

by the way , whats the shipping service?

BBTS used FedEx.  None of my neighbors are home so I couldn't ask them.  Fed Ex says it'll take a few days to "research" the situation.  Are these packages insured?  I just assumed they were from BBTS...

32 minutes ago, myk said:

BBTS used FedEx.  None of my neighbors are home so I couldn't ask them.  Fed Ex says it'll take a few days to "research" the situation.  Are these packages insured?  I just assumed they were from BBTS...

What fedex service did they used?

Fedex express 

fedex ground

fedex home delivery 

fedex smartpost 

If its fedex smartpost then its your local postal mailman that did the delivery , fedex only delivers it to their station.

It's ones of those reason why I don't like shipping item to my home address because I worry they will just leave it.

Luckily I can ship items to my work address.  Drove to work to pick this up today.
Anime-island used tons of packaging material and a box twice as big.

IMG_1163.JPG

4 hours ago, F360 said:

Anime-island used tons of packaging material and a box twice as big.

Yeah, and it wasn't enough. My toy's box still had a dented corner. I would be upset if I collected MISB, but ... cardboard is cardboard, no damage to the actual toy.

Of course, the outer Voltron sleeve is classy as heck. If I were gonna start making a big deal out of boxes, this is the box.

FedEx shows the package delivered.  I don't think BBTS would send me a replacement; this will be in the hands of FedEx now.

With that being said,  I ordered another Go Lion from BBTS with 2 day shipping to my work because I'm so upset.   Wow.  I just dropped $700 on freaking "Voltron."  :rolleyes:

Bobby Skullface also did a review on the SoC Voltron. He missed the spot where you can lock the shoulder blocks of the Black Lion but otherwise I agree with his criticism that the range of motion is fairly limited given Bandais asking price:

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Bobby Skullface also did a review on the SoC Voltron. He missed the spot where you can lock the shoulder blocks of the Black Lion but otherwise I agree with his criticism that the range of motion is fairly limited given Bandais asking price:

Meh. I like Bobby and his reviews, but he also blatantly missed the extension in the elbows. I feel he glosses over reviews far too often, and doesn't familiarize himself with at least the instructions beforehand. I gotta disagree hard on the range of motion and articulation, I think Bandai went above and beyond as far as engineering goes. This guy has joints on extensions on joints, he's insanely articulated for such an old boxy design, far more then I expected to be honest.

14 hours ago, Scyla said:

I agree with his criticism that the range of motion is fairly limited given Bandais asking price:

Honestly, I'm not sure how much more articulation you could add to the design without fundamentally altering the look. The design being an assemblage of big chunky blocks was always going to limit articulation. 

At some point, you just have to ask if you want a toy that looks like Voltron or a toy with best-in-class articulation, and I think they fell on the right side of that line.

I think I need to rephrase my word. I like clever engineering. So every time a robot does something cool like extending joints or an transformation that shows lateral thinking I'm hyped. Nifty tricks where a simple solution (like a swivel) would also provide a similar outcome but not as good make me want to get a toy.

If toy manufacturers go the extra mile to make something good great I'm on board. Good examples here would be the Truforce Megaman X action figures which combine everything I love about toys for collectors (if it could transform into a hover bike it would be even cooler).

I agree that there are limitations when it comes to the actual design. Either because of lineart restrictions or because it is not feasible because it would compromise the whole toy. This is especially true for toys that transform in some kind or another.

SoC Voltron looks like a good toy a clear improvement over any Voltron toy that came before it but for the asking price I want be wowed by it. I want that Bandai goes the extra mile. This happens not very often but when it does I'm in love (need to get the other Truforce colorways). :wub:

[edit:] I watch a lot of toy reviews and I'm always surprised how ungentle some reviews handle their toys.I would be far to scared to break something or scratch the paint to be that rough while handling them. (Not to speak of my cotton gloves that I use when I "play" with my MB Gundams *cough* ^_^)

Edited by Scyla

^ one of the many reasons i cannot stand skullface or his reviews. 

He is incredibly rough with the figures, if there is a minor flaw he gets incredibly upset, he practically demands perfection with every release and i hate his unnessecary "humor" and poorly scripted one liners. He just comes off as an entitled, sarcastic pr!ck. 

Peaugh, wotafa and vf5ss are the only reviewers i watch right now. 

Edited by Jeremy007

Thanks to one day delivery I finally have a Go Lion and an empty wallet to match the blazing sword in the box.  I hope I can recoup the money from the first order.  

Anyway, I also agree that toy critics need to take a chill pill when it comes to transformable toys.  Short of materializing the real thing out of thin air you're not going to get a toy that delivers absolute perfection.  I haven't had a chance to thoroughly review my example, but I can already tell that the sculpting and the articulation were designed to prefer the combined robot mode, which disappoints me since I'm all about the individual lions.  Nevertheless,  this looks to be an impressive toy and probably the best Go Lion toy ever made.

Speaking of Go Lion toys,  did Toynami release a new toy as well, with a price tag that matches the Bandai one?

Edited by myk