What about this?

From SDCC Blog

STEALTH VOLTRON EX ($500): Based on our upcoming Ultimate Voltron EX, the Stealth Voltron EX is fully transformable and stands 16” tall in robot form. Featuring an exclusive new color scheme, the Stealth Voltron is limited in production to 500 units.

http://sdccblog.com/2016/07/toynami-san-diego-comic-con-2016-exclusives/

post-405-0-58119300-1469062772_thumb.jpg

For those that live in the USA

Anime-island have this GX-71 golion for preorder at $277.99 with free shipping.

You can use the coupon code of 10OFF2016 to get a extra 10% off

Total will be $250.19 shipped.

Pretty sure that's the lowest shipped pricing right now.

http://www.anime-island.com/products/gx-71-voltron-voltron-defender-of-the-universe-bandai-soul-of-chogokin.html

For those that live in the USA

Anime-island have this GX-71 golion for preorder at $277.99 with free shipping.

You can use the coupon code of 10OFF2016 to get a extra 10% off

Total will be $250.19 shipped.

Pretty sure that's the lowest shipped pricing right now.

http://www.anime-island.com/products/gx-71-voltron-voltron-defender-of-the-universe-bandai-soul-of-chogokin.html

How reliable are they? Especially something that is 6-8 months out before delivery?

How reliable are they? Especially something that is 6-8 months out before delivery?

I had good experience with them. I have ordered numbers of SH Monsterarts figures from them.

Looks like an ab joint. I prefer to think of it less as an ab crunch and more of a crotch thrust, because the idea of Voltron performing a crotch thrust at the robeasts is hilarious.

I still don't like the legs on the blue and red lions. I still ordered the dang thing anyways.

Agreed, something just looks a bit off in robot mode, but i cant put my finger on it.

Also they should have chromed the torso and the upper thighs like the original. The silver/grey looks weird.

Edited by Mechinyun

for those that live in the USA east coast and want to avoid tax for anime-island orders, you can get it from eknighmedia.com (west coast)

It's $266.99 freeshipping and no upfront payment, excellent customer service

for those that live in the USA east coast and want to avoid tax for anime-island orders, you can get it from eknighmedia.com (west coast)
It's $266.99 freeshipping and no upfront payment, excellent customer service

Sweet!

Had been stalking HLJ, but I just placed an order here.

Thanks man!

-b.

Well I guess this will be the best Voltron toy we are likely to get. I assume they looked at attempting to make it as accurate to the animation as possible and still have the lions transform. Yet they didn't go with removable legs or head / neck areas. They did give the lions necks but not as substantial like in the show. Perhaps it's just too much to remove for all four lions. Besides, the legs on the blue and yellow lions seem to help stabilize Voltron. I am happy with it though. It's better than all the recent versions. And all the weapons gets me excited.

I would still be up for anime accurate non-transforming separate lions and Voltron. But I don't think many would be into that. Probably too expensive. Maybe they could sell them separately? Separate lions and of course one Voltron. That way people could get an accurate Voltron and pick their favorite lion.

Toynami has to feel so screwed by the Bandai announcement.

yes but they did have over 10 years to improve on "MP" 20t h anniversary voltron and just released a 30th anny version last year that was essentially a slightly improved 20th anniversary. I was amazed they stepped up to actually try to improve on volton with the EX design. its unforunate timing for them but they are really in a different price point/range at $400 vs. $250 anyway. Now if its a a legit $400 product...nobody knows yet.

i'd feel more screwed if i was mad toys inifity gokin. they finally go the voltron license...upgraded their 3P effort for voltraon accuracy and now if they are even still coming out with theirs....will have to compete at a similar price point to bandia's SOC.

Considering how popular this SOC golion is, an anime accurate super robot chogokin golion may not be too far behind.

Not sure I'd like a perfectly anime-accurate Voltron. It'd look strange without the little lion legs, especially as the original toy design comprises most of the nostalgia I have for this character. That's why I'm leaning toward Bandai. Toynami's got the size, but the chunky-cat Bandai version looks more like an articulated update of the Popy DX. I'm not crazy about Toynami's stylized take. That, and Bandai's version comes with the individual lion weapons. Not crazy about fiddly things like the alternate-face gimmick, but Bandai's quality is usually solid.

Edited by gingaio

i'd feel more screwed if i was mad toys inifity gokin. they finally go the voltron license...upgraded their 3P effort for voltraon accuracy and now if they are even still coming out with theirs....will have to compete at a similar price point to bandia's SOC.

For me the Infinity Gokin was never an option. I respected what they were doing, but didn't like their style.

I think this will hold them. The Bandai version is a much more conservative design, and the IG version is still an interesting, but startlingly different, take. The two aren't in direct competition in my eyes. The Bandai competes with the "old" Toynami, that's been reissued twice now(at least one of which self-destructed on the shelf, I believe).

Not sure I'd like a perfectly anime-accurate Voltron. It'd look strange without the little lion legs, especially as the original toy design comprises most of the nostalgia I have for this character. That's why I'm leaning toward Bandai. Toynami's got the size, but the chunky-cat Bandai version looks more like an articulated update of the Popy DX. I'm not crazy about Toynami's stylized take. That, and Bandai's version comes with the individual lion weapons. Not crazy about fiddly things like the alternate-face gimmick, but Bandai's quality is usually solid.

Completely agree. Imo, the upcoming toynami/ori toys voltron looks awful. It looks like an overly stylized 3rd party KO on steroids. The SOC looks fantastic...but i also think that bandai could and should make a golion for the SRC line. The original and newer versions of the golion jumbos do not have the individual lion legs and again IMO, nothing seems to be missing when i look at them. I love the look of the original popy toy and i love the streamlined look of the anime. If bandai could make an SRC golion based on the old jumbo, it would be a great figure.

Edited by Jeremy007

Considering how popular this SOC golion is, an anime accurate super robot chogokin golion may not be too far behind.

I'm surprised they haven't made one yet. There is an old Blazing Sword Voltron figure from I think Mattel that was exclusive to Comic Con. A Japanese company could easily make a better version of that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...