If you have Netflix, why not? It's not like it's going to cost you anything (extra). You can always quit if you don't like it.

Well, I was wondering more about its staying power than the impression one gets from the first few episodes.

I rewatched the beginning for the cameos again. Roy sure is there, twice, once right after the sim session and again when the cadets sneak out. The Millia cameo is there too, but look at her crew when they enter the simulator, one has blue hair, her with green, and the other black with a distinct, familiar fly away cut. I almost want to rewatch the scene to see if the blue haired cadet has glasses, making them Vermilion Team.

Well, I was wondering more about its staying power than the impression one gets from the first few episodes.

It's a fun watch and a nice way to kill a slow weekend. The show picks up well towards the end. If it keeps up at the pace it sets towards the end of the season then it should make a good series.

You're all gonna feel horrable when you find out he actually has a progressivd cold sleep disorder, that will eventually render him a vegetable. Over the course of the series, he'll get even mpre and more deranged, until he can no longer function.

sounds like we'll have to put down ol' space yeller then.

sounds like we'll have to put down ol' space yeller then.

That actually sounds better then what we are getting with him now, and would make a lot more sense. Maybe have Allura recall how he used to be much more level headed and refined, even flashback to show it.

I saw both.

Was this actually intentional or just happened to look like them?

Also, enjoyed the first episode quite a bit.

Why is no one mentioning Max and Hikaru? They go into the sim with Millia.

I saw both.

Was this actually intentional or just happened to look like them?

Also, enjoyed the first episode quite a bit.

Pretty sure it's intentional. In an interview, the show runners mention robotech a few times as being one of the shows to impact them growing up.

Why is no one mentioning Max and Hikaru? They go into the sim with Millia.

Not seeing Max and I did mention thinking the person behind Milia was Hikaru but I don't think it is.

post-265-0-38062000-1466024334_thumb.png

Remember, they don't actually own the likeness of the characters so no grounds for HG to sue. They only own the unique aspects... which for many of them is just their names.

Edit, I guess that can't be entirely true, because they have the rights to merchandise based on the likeness of the characters.

Edited by jenius

I didn't say it would be reasonable. :p

Sadly, Knight26 is right. HG can't go toe-to-toe with Dreamworks.

And HG's traditional move is to pick fights with smaller people and ignore the ones they can't blow out of the water with their opening salvo.

The Netflix reboot is much better than Voltron Force. But why did they decide to make Coran an idiot?

I don't remember much about the original character, but as a fan of Flight of the Concords, I recognized the voice immediately and now he's the highlight of the show for me.

I don't remember much about the original character, but as a fan of Flight of the Concords, I recognized the voice immediately and now he's the highlight of the show for me.

Murray! Man, I didn't recognize the voice at first since it's been forever since I've watched Flight of the Conchords, but now that you mentioned it I can't unhear it.

I decided to start watching this series this morning as I was on my treadmill, aside from the couple of ridiculous potty humor jokes that just made me cringe, overall I liked the feel of it. Only one episode in, but I like the nods to anime and Macross that are sprinkled in. I'm gonna give the rest of the season a chance! I was a HUGE Voltron fan as a kid, so I kinda feel like I have to!

At first I thought Princess Allura not piloting a lion was a letdown, but after completing season 1 she is probably too overpowered to ever need to again. Maybe in the future just for a single episode to humble her when ordering around the paladins.

Edited by Einherjar

Maybe I'm just an old fart but it seemed to "cartoony" for me. Is this effort aimed at a younger audience? Maybe that's what it is. I was hoping for a Yamato 2199 vibe and feel but that clearly didn't happen for me...

The last episode ended like an episode of LOST.

Not sure if that's a good thing or not yet.

Half the next season better not consist of them finding each other, and I hope they give us more background on The Black Paladin.

Yeah the first few minutes of just listening to the voices of the characters was enough to turn me off...

Why the hell did this not launch with a toy line? Even a cheap one? I loved the first season, and the new Voltron and lion designs grew on me, I want some god damned toys!

I agree 110%

I did a Google search and apparently we are getting some in spring 2017

Maybe I'm just an old fart but it seemed to "cartoony" for me. Is this effort aimed at a younger audience? Maybe that's what it is. I was hoping for a Yamato 2199 vibe and feel but that clearly didn't happen for me...

What? A Voltron cartoon that lacks serious drama and targets children?

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! SEND IN THE ROBOT SPACEMOUSE!

post-720-0-44010500-1466807929.jpg

But honestly... why would anyone expect anything else? Voltron was very rarely a show full of gripping narrative drama.