True. Well, I hope there's at least one occasion where Hiss/Nanny takes Alura over her knee and spanks her ass repeatedly until it's red, while the men stand around in a circle and laugh tauntingly while Alura cries and begs for it to stop, just like they used to do in Voltron/GoLion. I love homages to original works...

It just wouldn't be Voltron if they didn't.

True. Well, I hope there's at least one occasion where Hiss/Nanny takes Alura over her knee and spanks her ass repeatedly until it's red, while the men stand around in a circle and laugh tauntingly while Alura cries and begs for it to stop, just like they used to do in Voltron/GoLion. I love homages to original works...

You made me watch the uncut GoLion DVD trailer again. It is a straight up hard core show.

Edited by Einherjar

• 3 weeks later...

Toynami's Ultimate Voltron is available for preorder over at BBTS. It looks nice, and has some excellent articulation, both individual lions and Voltron. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TOY10645&mode=retail&utm_source=retail_news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BigBadToyStore-Retail&utm_content=

Personal pass for me, but for die-hard fans, I thought this might be interesting.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Toynami's Ultimate Voltron is available for preorder over at BBTS. It looks nice, and has some excellent articulation, both individual lions and Voltron. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TOY10645&mode=retail&utm_source=retail_news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BigBadToyStore-Retail&utm_content=

Personal pass for me, but for die-hard fans, I thought this might be interesting.

I'm interested, but it's Toynami. I'll wait for reviews and probably the bargain bin. There's no way they're getting $400 from me right outta the gate.

That looks pretty good... but Toynami really needs to consider hiring another company for anything high end. Who trusts Toynami? They should partner with a Japanese company and focus on being the US distributor only.

That combined mode looks ridiculous; it looks like the Tonka/my first combiner edition for kids 3 to 7. What's up with the frowny face? Is Golion sad or something? I will say that the individual lions look interesting, along with the promise of ultimate poseability. Now, I'll be able to arrange them like Ritsuko would in Evangelion on top of my computer in various cutesy poses...

personally i think its looks good. i am wary of how it will handle though. they specifically went with light weight of plastic vs diecast due to articulation and stability etc. lets hope it paid off. i for one and excited its coming...the price tag is high but this thing is 16" tall too and a way better value than say 3P combiners...that go for 500-600 once all the members are bought. sure each lion doesn't also tranform but in combiners...those individual ots aren' that great anyway...these lions actually look...pretty good. still toynami always gives me pause.

Unfortunately, Toynami is not known for its build or material quality. My Bernard Legioss sits on my desk with his crumbly hands and poor glue applications as a constant reminder. Also, $400 is a steep price, esp for Toynami.

I also wish they'd contract better factories and improve their overall quality to at least near-Arcadia standards. I think their Legioss is the best looking of all the various releases, but the poor quality made me stop at one. I love their hand design, as it's one of the best poseable hands I've seen on a toy this size, but the rubbery, crumbly material from which they're made just adds a further frustration. Anyway, if anyone here gets the new Voltron, I'd be interested in a review. Maybe they've made improvements (not holding my breath).

I'm interested, but it's Toynami. I'll wait for reviews and probably the bargain bin. There's no way they're getting $400 from me right outta the gate.

Smart bet considering their last anniversary Voltron with the key was and might still be in a few store bargain bins.

It's still anime accurate or nothing for me. The lions look a bit better. But still not what I want.

Smart bet considering their last anniversary Voltron with the key was and might still be in a few store bargain bins.

It's still anime accurate or nothing for me. The lions look a bit better. But still not what I want.

I know alot of people are down on the Madtoys Golion, but it looks ten times better than this. At first when I saw the prototype pictures on Collection DX I was interested... but yeah. Take everything about the Nicktoons show and the few things I don't like about my Golion, and this is the result. And I think the lions look absurd. Black lion is sitting in the one photo in not only an show inaccurate way, but he looks more like he is taking a dump. I don't mind tweaking the basic designs to modernize them as long as the changes are mostly slight tweaks or added details to make them look more believable, but this has the whole modern "All pointy things sticking out all over for no reason and ridculous over the top detailing cos its EX-treme! " and $300 - $400 for ALL plastic? Nope.

I'm sure there's gonna be some metal in it, but considering the fact that the combined figure is gonna be sixteen inches tall, I really don't want to see a ton of diecast all over it. It won't be able to support its own weight.

I'm sure there's gonna be some metal in it, but considering the fact that the combined figure is gonna be sixteen inches tall, I really don't want to see a ton of diecast all over it. It won't be able to support its own weight.

Honestly for stability at that size it NEEDS diecast at least in the lower legs or at least feet. My Titan Devastator is two inches taller and while I can get him in dynamic poses, the lack of diecast has already proven a problem as he's taken a fall because a leg wobbled when someone walked past. So yeah. And given that Toynami uses crap for materials(you guys with the Alphas, me with the POS that is BOTH versions I've had of the first Toynami Voltron set), I am not expecting things to go well with this thing.

Honestly for stability at that size it NEEDS diecast at least in the lower legs or at least feet. My Titan Devastator is two inches taller and while I can get him in dynamic poses, the lack of diecast has already proven a problem as he's taken a fall because a leg wobbled when someone walked past. So yeah.

Ironically, metal content was the death of my MP-01 Optimus. Or rather, too much metal content. Poor guy was top-heavy, did a barrel-roll off the shelf to the floor, shattered his ankles.

Honestly for stability at that size it NEEDS diecast at least in the lower legs or at least feet. My Titan Devastator is two inches taller and while I can get him in dynamic poses, the lack of diecast has already proven a problem as he's taken a fall because a leg wobbled when someone walked past. So yeah. And given that Toynami uses crap for materials(you guys with the Alphas, me with the POS that is BOTH versions I've had of the first Toynami Voltron set), I am not expecting things to go well with this thing.

I agree with this. I don't agree with diecast all over the figure just for the sake of having it. As long as the metal content is used appropriately, I'm fine with it.

Ironically, metal content was the death of my MP-01 Optimus. Or rather, too much metal content. Poor guy was top-heavy, did a barrel-roll off the shelf to the floor, shattered his ankles.

That's one of the flaws of that figure, as much as I love it. I never have had that happen, but the feet being plastic and the ankles being diecast, plus TOO much diecast in the wrong places above waist can easily be a problem. Compare that to my SOC GaoGaiGar... I've left him in a sidekick pose, UNSUPPORTED, for days at a time. No issues. And that sucker has TONS of metal in him. But its all either structural or in key areas that cause him to be hefty and stable. My Madtoys Golion is even better in that department cos he's more posable, so I can distribute the weight through refining the pose. In the end it's really more about the overall quality of the figure. And given Toynami's record, I ain't expecting much.

I know alot of people are down on the Madtoys Golion, but it looks ten times better than this. At first when I saw the prototype pictures on Collection DX I was interested... but yeah. Take everything about the Nicktoons show and the few things I don't like about my Golion, and this is the result. And I think the lions look absurd. Black lion is sitting in the one photo in not only an show inaccurate way, but he looks more like he is taking a dump. I don't mind tweaking the basic designs to modernize them as long as the changes are mostly slight tweaks or added details to make them look more believable, but this has the whole modern "All pointy things sticking out all over for no reason and ridculous over the top detailing cos its EX-treme! " and $300 - $400 for ALL plastic? Nope.

That's funny. Looking at the picture of the Black Lion I thought he was pulling himself on a rug like animals do when they have an itch.

I found this yesterday on another robot forum. I'm still going through it to see what else they have.

post-15104-0-64852800-1457313749_thumb.jpg

post-15104-0-58698000-1457313793_thumb.jpg

post-15104-0-59914900-1457313853_thumb.jpg

I don't think anyone mentioned it yet. It's an official version of the Mad Toys Voltron. I remember many liked the build quality on the King of Beasts one. Now that it's more accurate, it looks a lot better. It's still not 100% anime accurate but maybe it's a good middle ground until someone makes an anime accurate Voltron. Or at least good enough for me since I only have my old one and this is probably equal or better than the original diecast Matchbox version. Especially since it has better proportions and weapons. They also have a more limited black version in the works.

I'm still watching to see how the Sideshow statue will look. But since that is more modern, static, and probably very expensive. I can't see myself getting that.

Edited by JetJockey

That's funny. Looking at the picture of the Black Lion I thought he was pulling himself on a rug like animals do when they have an itch.

I found this yesterday on another robot forum. I'm still going through it to see what else they have.

Voltron_Announcement_Mad_Toys.jpg

Voltron_Ad_Mad_Toys.jpg

Black Voltron.jpg

I don't think anyone mentioned it yet. It's an official version of the Mad Toys Voltron. I remember many liked the build quality on the King of Beasts one. Now that it's more accurate, it looks a lot better. It's still not 100% anime accurate but maybe it's a good middle ground until someone makes an anime accurate Voltron. Or at least good enough for me since I only have my old one and this is probably equal or better than the original diecast Matchbox version. Especially since it has better proportions and weapons. They also have a more limited black version in the works.

I'm still watching to see how the Sideshow statue will look. But since that is more modern, static, and probably very expensive. I can't see myself getting that.

I don't remember if I mentioned this one here or the SOC thread, but yes! Gonna have to double dip. THIS is how you do it. The original Golion is fantastic. Best aspects of both the classic Popy/Matchbox and being modernized CORRECTLY and being VERY sturdy and super posable. And this version removes most of my minor issues(especially with that gorgeous chest crest!) I haven't heard if that deal was finalized though. Anybody else know?

Edited by thereal9thdoctor

That's REALLY good. Do you have a parts list/instructions? LDD file?

It was an adhoc build and designed as I go so don't have the LDD file for now

You know if you do one lion you have to do them all, right? We won't be happy now until we see you activate the interlocks, connect the dynotherms, and form the head.

hehe, they're next in line

My fave is Blue lion. When you get around to it, would you be willing to post step-by-step pics? I may be able to "follow along" with my parts. Though I'll need more silver-grey "tooth" parts for the claws for sure. Any "rare/uncommon" parts that are needed? I see a lot of tiles I think.

Liking the new Ultimate Voltron by Toynami. Unfortunately, too expensive so decided to make my own version out of Lego :)

20160306_115952_zpsdrfrgll3.jpg

20160306_124514_zpsxnfyr9i2.jpg

20160306_124831_zps5xtwwool.jpg

this is one of the most amazing voltron lions ever! can't believe its lego!! you should make more and sell them as lego art pieces or something online. i'm blown away!

also how do you like the jinbao OS feral rex?

Edited by Mechapilot77

My fave is Blue lion. When you get around to it, would you be willing to post step-by-step pics? I may be able to "follow along" with my parts. Though I'll need more silver-grey "tooth" parts for the claws for sure. Any "rare/uncommon" parts that are needed? I see a lot of tiles I think.

Will try to post updates here :)

So far I have been avoiding rare parts. Tiles helps alot in hiding the studs and smoothing out the look

this is one of the most amazing voltron lions ever! can't believe its lego!! you should make more and sell them as lego art pieces or something online. i'm blown away!

also how do you like the jinbao OS feral rex?

I basically bought the OS Feral Rex for display. Its quite nice but hardly try to play with it. Some parts are fragile and can easily have stress marks.

• 2 weeks later...

No one wants that. It will have to go to a giveaway price to sell out. I still don't know why they didn't make that anime accurate.

I watched a review of the anniversary version from another youtube robot reviewer recently. It seems like everyone always comes away with the Toynami talking points after interviewing the owner. Toynami says they are working on other stuff but need the current stuff to sell first. The new stuff is cool and they show prototypes but no one can talk about it. I don't understand how they are still in business. I guess the Cinemaquette line is more profitable because nothing on the Toynami site is of any interest. And all their past stuff isn't worth it to me.

On the plus side, Sideshow is supposed to show a painted version of their Voltron at the Wondercon coming up this weekend.