Re 4

I'm a lazy ass :lol: . Anyone play the playstation 2 version and pass the mercenaries game with all 20 five star rankings with all five unlocked characters? I want the elusive HAND CANNON. So if you have it saved on your ps2 memory card, PM me.

358007[/snapback]

look around on sites like Gamefaqs, sometimes they have downloadable save game data for you.

chris

I'm a lazy ass :lol: . Anyone play the playstation 2 version and pass the mercenaries game with all 20 five star rankings with all five unlocked characters? I want the elusive HAND CANNON. So if you have it saved on your ps2 memory card, PM me.

358007[/snapback]

look around on sites like Gamefaqs, sometimes they have downloadable save game data for you.

chris

358023[/snapback]

did that but nothing :(

ok, nobody answered my question. CAN YOU STRAFE IN THIS GAME?!?!?

358175[/snapback]

Ok, settle down. No, you can't strafte - it's a 3rd-person shooter, doesn't lend itself well to it, but you can turn and move about pretty easily, plus you have easy access to your knife and can use the A button for some physical combat.

ok, nobody answered my question. CAN YOU STRAFE IN THIS GAME?!?!?

358175[/snapback]

Ok, settle down. No, you can't strafte - it's a 3rd-person shooter, doesn't lend itself well to it...

StarFox Assault did it well enough.

Robotron did it better still, though. :p

No strfing, I did wish there was. The turning around and stepping became tedious especially if you're trying to run n' gun...but no strafing?!

358191[/snapback]

I've heard RE4 speeds things up quite a bit. Don't quote me on it, but I THINK I remember hearing something about quick evade moves(can't recall for sure, don't wanna look it up).

Either way, RE isn't a raw action game. The controls and limited items encourage a more calculated approach to the combat.

Yeah Mercenaries was an absolute pain in the #&@ 

I stopped trying after a while.  The Chicago Typewriter and Infanite Rocket Launcher were good enough to whet my bloodlust for senseless violence. 

:D  :D  :D  :D

358134[/snapback]

I know it's a pain in the ass. i must've spent like a whole week playing thru the extras and both professional and normal mode. i don't want to invest another several days in mercanaries. besides, i went thru it a few times and getting a 5 star rating is difficult :o .

Moved to Other Anime & Scifi, as this is not a Macross game.

Graham

358148[/snapback]

Sorry. Didn't know where to put it :lol: .

No it doesn't have any quick evade moves, nor strafing. But zombies are slow enought to be manageable. I didn't bother with the handcannon. Its TOO HARD. I unlocked all the characters though. Chicago Typewriter is rapide fire infinate magnum....kills the big giant in like...5 shots?!

LOL!

Anyone got the PLAGAS Laser?

No it doesn't have any quick evade moves, nor strafing. But zombies are slow enought to be manageable. I didn't bother with the handcannon. Its TOO HARD. I unlocked all the characters though. Chicago Typewriter is rapide fire infinate magnum....kills the big giant in like...5 shots?!

LOL!

358244[/snapback]

Got it. You have to pass the pro mode I think. Haven't tried it yet though and if IRC, it takes a lot of space in your attache case.

LOL!

358244[/snapback]

The laser kinda blows. It has to be charged ala Megaman for a solid beam. The tommy gun and the infinite RPG launcher combo is a lot more fun IMO. BTW, Ashley's 3rd outfit makes PRO mode a LOT easier.

What does the 3rd outfit do? And you dont play asheley much anyway....

358439[/snapback]

It makes her impervious to most attacks, and enemies cannot carry her off anymore. If they do try to snag her, they end up dropping to the ground because of all the weight :lol:. I don't know if she would still fall to one hit kills though (i.e. chainsaw slashes, rpg blasts, dodge events). So what does this make her? Plaga bait! Just leave her in the middle of a mob and watch em try to kill her or carry her off while you pop them in the head.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally beat the hell out of the mercenaries with all 5 stars on all levels with all 5 characters. F%$k that was hard :o:lol: . Must have spent several hours where I should have been sleeping. I was a zombie at work.

I now have the elusive HAND CANNON ;) . Unlimited ammo and power rating of 99.9, it was worth it though. Time to put this game away and get some sleep :D .

BTW, anyone have the ps2 premium edition? PM me. I need to ask a few questions. Thanks.

Edited by 1 VF-1 2NV

I have the premium edition.  comes with some laser litho and bonus dvd.

this game is hard...I already stopped playing after meeting the wierd guy who sells you stuff for the first time.  too man damn zombies in that bridge town.

363775[/snapback]

I love the "zombies-storming-barnhouse" scenarios. Makes you relive Evil Dead scenes. :lol:

Can be quite hard and tough as well. Barnhouse with lots of windows and entry points. Zombies coming in from everywhere. Limited ammo. GAHHH!!! Took me quite awhile to pass that. I was throwing grenades everywhere killing 4-5 at a time as well but they just keep coming. :ph34r:

Mercenaries is friggin' rough.  I just got all the characters but 5 stars on each level with them all?  Not sure if I want to go through the trouble.

365083[/snapback]

well, i've been sick the last 4 days and all i did was play games.

i got the handcannon as well, took awhile to beat all the mercenaries to get 5 stars.

hardest for me was using Krauser. I can't hit anything with that stupid bow and arrow.

argh.

i've gotten everything else i think, except for the Chicago Typewriter and the Plagas remover weapon.

if i remember, i'll try to take a screenshot of Ashley in her armor.

right now, i'm going through the seperate missions stuff with Ada.

my son started a new game from one of my finished saves and Leon is walking around in his RPD outfit.

if only they had used the ingame engine for the cutscenes instead of prerendered stuff, it looks odd watching Leon walking around in his RPD outfit, only to switch to his regular game outfit in the cutscenes.

I see your handgun of choice is the blacktail. Great choice. I initially used the red 9 exclusive with a power of 6.5, but the blacktail uses less space in the xl case. I'm trying to get through the whole game with just my red 9 hangun and no other weapons. I have over 1000 handgun bullets and the rest of my cache is filled with health. It's possible, but you have to be very patient.

haha, i finally went back to play this game...being less cheap about using my ammo. almost ran out where you can take the two paths to get to the gondola since I did them both. now I'm at the town chief, killed him once, but thought I used too many health pots and turned it off. fun game once you get the hang of it.

Hahaha! Nice! Thanks for the pics. ;)

366414[/snapback]

you're welcome, once i finish up separate ways, i should be able to get the tommy gun, i'll take pics of it when i can, i just have to finish missions 4 and 5.

then i can start a new game on professional level and try to finish that to get the plagas laser gun.

sheesh, talk about forcing people to replay the game over and over again

:)