Dangard Ace

Mw Blacklist

I agree, when I was a newbie seller and didn't know better to send somthing before getting payment, ahhhhh back in the day of innocence. It wasn't an item I cared much about, I was actually looking to just get rid of, anyway, she got the item and said, WTF, you sent it out before I paid! your a bad seller and threatened to leave me negative feed back. I mean sheesh...... Sure it was stupid of me to send it before she paid, but, well sheesh...... She then went into this rant on how I was trying to rip her off, I was like.... I don't see how that applys here as I was the one in greater danger of being ripped off. I was baffled and a little scared by this women :blink::o

That's pretty bad. When I first joined, way back in the way before scanners and digital cameras were big, I sold a JFK inaguration program. The guy got it and just left a negative saying I lied about the condition of it, which I didn't. I refunded the guys money and he returned the item. He then left me more positive feedbacks (like 3 more). But eBay is so dumb about feedback. Especially with people that just leave negatives for the hell of it, although that has gone down a lot. And it was a lot worse when you could just leave feedback for anyone (every so often you would see people that got into negative feedback fights).

the "you switched items" is the oldest trick in the book and theres really nothing ebay of paypal can do about it.  they send you the wrong/broken/damaged item, then when you ask for your money back they say you switched it.    :angry:

since the first time it happened, i now record myself opening boxes from any and all internet purchases.  its alittle crazy but it keeps the thieves in line. 

let them tell some BS story, but when i send them a mpeg of me opening the box and examing the contents, they quickly change their story/attitude.  <_< i usually follow it with a nice letter stating i have stored in my computer(which i do) and how i'd be more than willing to send a copy to ebay/paypal as well as the USPS for mail fraud.....yes a federal crime. 

theres TOO many liars and thieves on the internet and this is my only solution to busting dishonest sellers.  i might suggest some of you start doing this for those questionable sellers.

That is an AWSOME idea, one thing to keep thiese guys in check

I should start doing that. That definately kills the switched items arguement.

Hey guys...this isn't a discussion thread. Start a new one or keep the comments simple.

I'd like to add a member from the old MW Forums.......

Mylene'

You can read why HERE. :angry::ph34r:

Check out mylene's respons in that thread first....

Check out mylene's respons in that thread first....

I don't think I'm the only one that wanted to add her to the list. Believe me, I'm one of the nicest MW'ers to have transactions with (also on the Straight Shooters List) and to wait three months for two 1/60's is crazy.

I'm terribly sorry for everything she's gone through. But I'm not the one that delayed the shipping for a month (well before the tornado hit NC). :ph34r:

Please put www.plasticdreams.com on list,

bought invid shock trooper, sent it in box completly disasembled no insert/styrofoam and they said it was mint in box, yeah right, I had to put it back together. Plus guy was a premadona "A" hole and threatened neg feedback. I left him a neutral, but he has some very legit negs on his feedback. Told me not to bid on anymore of his auctions,,,said I wont

Thanks

Pat

Please put www.plasticdreams.com on list,

bought invid shock trooper, sent it in box completly disasembled no insert/styrofoam and they said it was mint in box, yeah right, I had to put it back together. Plus guy was a premadona "A" hole and threatened neg feedback. I left him a neutral, but he has some very legit negs on his feedback. Told me not to bid on anymore of his auctions,,,said I wont

Thanks

Pat

That store is three towns away from me in Bergenfield, NJ. (edit: check website for exact location) They're way overpriced and the guy's a dick. Really condescending too.

He pulls that $hit all the time. You wouldn't believe how many toys in his store he's label "Mint in Box" when the toy was stickers applied, no foam, and obviously used. (An AT-AT my buddy Mike almost bought comes to mind)

I won't even deal with him in person, so I can only imagine what an a-hole he must be when he gets to hide behind his computer.

I'll second pfunk's nomination, AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Edited by tom64ss

I think everyone should be forwarned about Arafat. Based on this link, he clearly misrepresented a toy he sold. A simple note "This picture is not the toy for sale" would have surficed....but he did not do this, and quite obviousley does not get why he should have. As a collector of rare items condition matters to me, and if I can't trust the pictures, then I can't trust the auction.

Link

WEIRD THING IS THat I WAS JUST post it again on the staright shooter list , slow mr jeese lol

by:

rewooh on october 31 ^_^

I HAVE aldo been nominated by BoBe-Patt

treeblueyes

and many other =)

in here an on ebay .

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...page=1&items=25

that is just to prove you wrong mrjeesee(slowbuddy)

Edited by ARAFAT209

WEIRD THING IS THat I WAS JUST post it again on the staright shooter list , slow mr jeese lol

by:

rewooh on october 31 ^_^

I HAVE aldo been nominated by BoBe-Patt

treeblueyes

and many other =)

in here an on ebay .

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...page=1&items=25

that is just to prove you wrong mrjeesee(slowbuddy)

Its really special that you

A) Find it amusing to characterize people with special needs

B) That you blatently have lied in an auction and dont find that to be a problem.

Lots of people have been on the straight shooters list and have also been nominated for the Blacklist. Its like your held accountable for ALL your actions...nice huh?

Slander me as slow all you want...I could care less about your opinion of me. The charge against you is not what you think of me, but that you have lied in an auction and posted pictures that were not of the object for sale. Considering 15 year old toys that should be a blacklistable offense. To quote BlackAces:

"Just a word from me

if you are selling a loose toy

you should not be using a picture from some where else

as loose toys ALWAYS differ in condition. ..."

Personally, I would always be very concerned if I knew a saler was using nice mint pictures of something other then what I was buying...

So...thats the charge...feel free to defend yourself in regards to that charge...or call me slowboy (but please dont call me slowbuddy....I hate the implication that I could consider someone as thoughtless and ignorant as yourself a friend)....whatever seems to make the most sense to you.

I will also PM Bobbe Pett and TrueBlueEyes on this issue. They are friends of mine, and as they endorsed you I would think their opinion of this situation matters.

Take care all.

Edited by Myersjessee

I'd also like to call to attention this post page on Matshiro nominating Arafat from the same IP as Arafat...nice....this guy is truly top notch...NOT He should be blacklisted so people know exactly what they are dealing with when it comes to shady people like this. Rob saw it first....now more of the same.

LINK

also you can contact sbarret4 he had done bussiness with me in the past also ^_^ , as a matter a fact he is online right now so please contact him ^_^

Please feel free to contact him if you feel he will support you in this situation.

All...because I dont want there to be any confusion about my intentions, I just got these PM's from Arafat. They are attached, and my response is as well. I think it is important that I am not doing this for compensation, me being offended has cost me nothing in the long term...but dealers like this have cost me a lot of $, and I think members should be aware of their actions.

Author Private Message [ Delete PM ]

ARAFAT209

CHEAP

Nov 9 2003, 06:17 PM

cheap shot mrjeesee(slowbuddy) try to put me on the black list , but that is your right , you can do what ever is on your hands , dont get mad if i called you slow is not a big deal man you know for that i did that is calling you names i will send you a takatoku valkyrie ok? that way you can forgive me for called you slow , i can send you a taka like the one i just sold or a jetfire those are the ones that i have (like 20 of each )

so please get back to me on thatone you dont even have to pay for shipment , just forgive me if i i offended you in anyway , i will also include the gbp-1s recast that i made so you can see that is not from rob ok? seriously i wasnt trying to offend yu in anyway

This message was followed quickly with:

Nov 9 2003, 06:25 PM [ Forward PM | Reply ]

Author Private Message [ Delete PM ]

ARAFAT209

so?

what do you want a jetfire or a taka , and did you contact them already i want to clarify this matter assoon as possible

Here is my response...I wanted it to be very clear that this was not about financial compensation (for me at least...TheFrenchOne may be in different shoes, but hopefully if there is a problem Arafat will deal with that appropriatly)

Re:so?

its a kind offer, but its not the point. I dont want a gift. I want a forum where I deal with honest, upfront, and nice people. Until you prove yourself to be these things, I would prefer you not in the forums I frequent. This has nothing to do with paying me for offending me, and everything to do with you flaming people, and constantly surrounded by odd situations. (SAME IP Straight shooters, odd recast issues with Rob, and now pictures from MW used in auctions without proper representation)

If you want my forgiveness for offending me...(WHICH YOU HAVE) it will cost more then a Takatoku...it will cost you being upfront, honest, and stop the senseless flaming. )

I will be posting this PM so my requests and intentions are clear.

endPM

Not wanting to add more to the flame but this comes to my mind:

- Why if anyone that is on his right mind keeps on trying to get more of the negative attention?

- 2 wrong things never make one right. Even less 3 or 4 or more. Trying to get out of being incriminated about something more than once doesn't help either.

-If I am being controversial over and over and being incresingly hated, why do I keep on coming back for more? isn't that like beating a dead horse?

-To vouch in Arafat's favor, I'll say I have done bussiness with him once and It has come out right. But I would regret the last Forum incident specially when I am supposed to be a seller with some experience. I'd be more carefull in the future and apologize intead of fighting it. BUT IMO trying to outsmart my potential (honest) buyers is really not smart....

BUT IMO trying to outsmart my potential (honest) buyers is really not smart....

Careful Vitja...he'll start calling you "slow" too! :):o:p

YOU see mrjeesee i didint even give you his name so you can contact him to see about my deals , and yes anotherone that went right , and you can contact the people that i told you before as a reference , as i told you on one of the pm i know that people that had deal with me know the way i work

YOU see mrjeesee i didint even give you his name so you can contact him to see about my deals , and yes anotherone that went right , and you can contact the people that i told you before as a reference , as i told you on one of the pm i know that people that had deal with me know the way i work

Glad to hear that so far, thought you still have not responded to the original Blacklist charge. I also would not say I have heard any ringing endorsements. Don't bother trying to convince me. Dangard Ace or another mod will make the call Im sure...Im just a member speaking out.

ok, I guess I'm getting dragged into this little scuffle. I just got back from a funeral so I'm a little out of it right now. Ok, I had a smooth transaction with arafat through ebay a while back. Only thing that I would complain about is that he said he would send me a little something extra along with what I won on ebay. I never got that "extra" something he promised. I asked him what that extra was going to be and he said it was a 1/60 yamato. I was like what?!?!? So I don't know if he was lying or just pulling my leg, but the bottom line is that I didn't get that extra thing he said he was going to send. But that's just me complaining about something that small. The original transaction was for an SD model kit and I got that in no time and with no problem. Does this work for you guys? I only nominated arafat in the SS list because I had a good transaction with him, that is after all what the SS list is about, right? Can somebody sum up what's going on here? From what I understand this all started when arafat used someone else's picture so he can sell an item and didn't any recognition? Is that right? Well if it is, he shouldn't be nominated for the blacklist for that. This list is only for bad transactions between two parties. That's what I remember it was for, unless the guidelines have changed?

i suppose the main reason he's gettin shitted on is because he used someone elses picture?

Well, in the legal sense, it is not cool.

but that doesn't change the fact that he's a good seller. I had no problems with my dealings with him. He even gave me a millia key chain for free. I thought that was very thoughtful. And from what he tells me, he got me a free reissue vf-17. That was really nice of him.

The package came very quickly as well. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. You can't crap on something if you haven't done it.

I mean, i plan to do future transactions with him, and i'll inform you guys of what happens...but for now, he's a pretty koo guy to me.

I do have to say that my dealing with Arafat went very smoothly. I was able to get one of the limited edition Bandai M7(chrome-plated) VF-17 Valkyries as well as finally get a VF-19s Blazer Valkyrie...both at very good prices. He communicated when he received payment, shipped quickly, and both the items were in terrific shape. So, that went well for me and is why I left him positive feedback on e-bay and nominated him for the SS list.

NOW, that said.....I do have some concerns. Arafat was caught mis-representing an item that he was selling. Instead of attempting an explanation or an apology he went on the offensive. Not only that but he attacked people that I have had nothing but excellent dealings with. (Monkey Nugget for one...Rob has gotten items for me that I *know* that he didn't make a profit on...he just does things like that for people because he is a nice guy. I don't like to see him slandered as he was in the auction thread. The charges were untrue and unfair. ) (Not to mention the attack on Jesse who we all know is a straight shooter...and who was *only* looking out for other members) (And I don't even need to mention what a nice guy Noel is)

Because of those attacks, I would not endorse nor do business with Arafat again. Yes, we are all human. (I hope! :blink: ) We all get angry sometimes. But, this isn't the first time this has happened. Arafat made a similar attack on Rob (re-caster Rob not MN) on the old boards. And even on members who were doing nothing but trying to help. To me, this has become a disturbing pattern. The flaming of valuable contributing members by a person who seems to be on this site *only* to make a profit makes me very unhappy. There are better ways to deal with things. Not to mention the fraud in nominating himself to the SS list. To me, this all adds up to a fitting nomination for the blacklist. At least until Arafat learns to stop mis-representing items that he has for sale, stops flaming members unnecessarily, and learns to deal with criticism a bit better. If he can do those things and prove his worth as a seller I would be all for his removal from the blacklist and return to the straight shooters list. :) But,he does have a way to go.

Hopefully, Arafat will take this as the advice that it is meant to be and not as an attack....We'll see. But for now, I fully support Jesse in his nomination of Arafat to the blacklist.

Melissa

thanks MELLISSA i took your post as positive affirming that all my transactions were smooth and with a fast shipment , and i think this is allabout ( ss and bl) like bobpatt said , and regarding THE MONKEY there is nothing else i have to say about you , yu are just doing what is better for you . that is all more good coments about my transactions will come within the days you will see so far 4

I have had two deals with Arafat209 that went fine. However, I also had two deals in the works with him that he never completed. Once he sold the item to someone else because they paid him first, the second time he never PM'ed back with a shipping address for a trade.

Like trueblueeyes said, I can not condone Arafat's behavior regarding this recent incident. When confronted, he resorts to name-calling and insulting some of the most respected members of the forums, instead of trying to resolve the issue. This has occured on more than one occassion.

I have no reason to think he would try to scam anyone, and he will complete the sale once payment is made.

thanks for the support sbarret ^_^

and iam sorry if i sold tat elintseeker to someone else , bt i still will look for another loose for you ^_^

thanks for the support sbarret ^_^

and iam sorry if i sold tat elintseeker to someone else , bt i still will look for another loose for you ^_^

I believe sbarret has already gotten an elintseeker :D

:)

:ph34r:

addition to my post

my apologies if the post was off

I just realise I was posting in the black list thread :)

and my post has nothing to do with a black list

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Blackaces

to me its easier to get an elintseeker than a super orstich , the easiest things to find for me are:

any valk loose

elintseeker

gbp

but the hardest things to find are :

alphas

superorstrich (specially loose ones).

by the way noel did you get him his elintseeker?

Edited by ARAFAT209

Being honest some of the time is not the same as being honest all of the time.

He has made quite a few good deals over time, there is no doubt he has had satisfied customers, but as the blacklist rules state, his questionable actions on several occasions (some undeniably wrong) warrant some level of caution when dealing with him. As said by the venerable Danguard Ace, the list is not to ban members completely, but be cautious what you get into with them.

I'm kind of saddened to see this cycle again. It's what, the 3rd time now over the last few months? I hope this can all be sorted out soon. I'm sure some of the mods are getting tired of seeing it by now too.

MODS,

Please interject, obviuosly this guy (arafat) should remain on the blacklist for reasons as follows, unless he corrects his mistakes

a)misrepresenting/missleading customers

b)damn near every transaction had "something" wrong (ie bobapats missing 1/60)

c)slander of paying customers

Arafat209

Do this to regain your name

a)Apologize to people involved and compensate them accordingly

b)send bobapat a 1/60 yamato like you said you would do

c)apologize to Shawn and Graham for unjust use of photographs

d)quit defending your wrong actions, admit them, make it right, and move on

You Will get better business that way and people will like you and doing business with you. Im not attacking you, just giving some business advise ;)

billygalaxy (on ebay)

This moron has the worst packaging ive ever seen. Paid 80$ for a gakken cyclone and he ships it with just a handful of newspapers that arent even wrapped around the toy. The most idiotic seller ive dealt with so far.

:angry::angry::angry:

Got a non-macross one:

E-Bay ID: music-books-movies-n-more

Avoid this idiot. I won two auctions from him on 12/1/2003 and as of 1/5/2004 the items have not arrived and this guy has not answered my five e-mails. This guy is racking up a pretty impressive list of people who aren't happy with him.

Edited by muswp1

Here's one for sellers to avoid.

foldedsteel - on ebay

This yahoo uses the BIN on the auction. Then when he gets it he demands a refund and if you don't threatens to leave negative feedback. I accepted his terms and said that if he wanted a refund...no problem. Please send the item back to me and I would give the refund. Which I think is fair. Shortly there after I got an e-mail saying that he is leaving Negative feedback...and he did :angry: .

So basically this guy bids and then threatens with feedback to get the item for free. I contacted some of the other sellers he has bought from and a few said he did the same to them...except they refunded his money <_< .

Sellers be careful!