Msn Movies Rates 10 Best Movie Battles

MSN released an article on their site revealing their top 10 movie battle scenes. Out of the 10, Princess Mononoke ranked 9th. The others are listed below for your perusal in no particular order.

Aliens

The Matrix

Zulu

Excalibur

Star Wars

Nevsky

Gettysburg

Heaven

LOTR: Return of the King

I think Laputa had better battle scene, particularly when the pirate fought the miner.

352878[/snapback]

Too bad the first Nausicaa battle in the manga (when she's charging on her 'chocobo') didn't make it in the movie, that would have won hands down.

Glad to see Zulu and Nevsky on there, those battles still impress even today!

What about Troy?

352908[/snapback]

Hah! That movie was soooo weak. I mistakenly thought that the battle scenes, at leat, would be cool, but they blew chunks.

I agree that Saving Private Ryan been in there, but what the hell is The Matrix doing in there. The first Matrix had nothing I would construe as a "battle scene", only fight scenes.

I'm with Drew.. Troy is up there with Glitter and Battlefield Earth for truly testicle-stabbing experiences.

In that list, what is 'Heaven'? is that Kingdom of Heaven? And is Nevsky that circa WW2 Soviet propaganda film?

It's a stupid list. It says best movie battles, yet only lists the movie. Not the actual battle scene that earned it the nomination.

MSN released an article on their site revealing their top 10 movie battle scenes. Out of the 10, Princess Mononoke ranked 9th. The others are listed below for your perusal in no particular order.

Aliens

The Matrix

Zulu

Excalibur

Star Wars

Nevsky

Gettysburg

Heaven

LOTR: Return of the King

352799[/snapback]

Bizarre list. This would never hold up on a real film site, but it's a curiosity nonetheless.

No predator = stupid list.

353010[/snapback]

I have to disagree. Watching Predator now can at times be very hard on the eyes. Dutch and company come across more like "special ed" than "special forces".

353030[/snapback]

:lol:

Although I enjoy Predator for it's classy 80's action movie style, Duke's right here about Dutch's team.

Although I have to admit, I would kill for another True Lies movie. True Lies brought us what Bond movies have been missing for, at least, the last two decades.

Although I enjoy Predator for it's classy 80's action movie style, Duke's right here about Dutch's team.

Although I have to admit, I would kill for another True Lies movie. True Lies brought us what Bond movies have been missing for, at least, the last two decades.

353048[/snapback]

I would kill for a decent True Lies DVD release.

353048[/snapback]

I would kill for a decent True Lies DVD release.

353063[/snapback]

Or a good sequel, too.

I also think that the battle at Rorke's Drift in the movie Zulu was outstanding as well. Geez, I wonder how it felt to be one of 150 men trapped in that fort against an army of 4000? And don't bring up that spears against guns thing. Hours before the Zulu wiped out Lord Chelmsford's detachment at Isandhlwana as chronicled in the film Zulu Dawn, another movie which had a great battle scene. (Historical note: While in Zulu it is portrayed that the Zulus have some of the Martini-Henry rifles used by the British, they in actuality did not have any firearms, as the main force which hit Isandhlwana had not yet arrived to reinforce those troops attacking Rorke's Drift. The end of the movie where the Zulu are singing praises to the surviving British is also false, as the reason why the Zulu cleared the field of battle was because scouts noted the advancement of Chelmsford's surviving detachment which he had split before the massacre at Isandhlwana.)

I also do not understand why the opening 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan didn't sway those idiots at MSN.

Other movies with better battle scenes than some of those movies listed in my book are:

The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc

Braveheart

Gladiator

The Patriot

The Wild Geese

Apocalypse Now

Hamburger Hill

The Battle of Britain

Battle of the Bulge

Full Metal Jacket

We Were Soldiers...

Edited by Noriko Takaya