Agent One For Co-admin?

93 members have voted

1. 1. Agent One For Co-admin?

• YES - This place could use more awesomeness
    • NO - A1 is too sexy, too horny to think about Macross

That just sucks that GIF picture by SDDave was just wrong :( . I think Agent One is the only dude keeping the boards cool and enjoying. He backed me up a few times and if I vote no Im sure Agent One will be ticked.

As a co-admin he could be good if he helps updates the main site (When was the last time its been updateted :huh: ?). Agent One to me seems like a guy that has a good amount of times on his hands or does he :blink: but anyways...Ya got my vote Agent One ya have been a good guy around these forums even because of ya vulgar pictures which I never seen.

One off topic question...how come the site is rarely updated its been like quite a while since.

It looks like A1 is either loved or hated.  I feel like he's a good guy with good intentions, just a little megalomaniacal.

353370[/snapback]

Unfortunately, magalomania tends to make for bad rule.

Of course, A1 could use his powers far dioffrent than his posting style indicates.

But I think it's a moot point now.

It looks like A1 is either loved or hated. 

353370[/snapback]

Most leaders, especially the good ones, are seen that way.

-A1 is obviously on the brash side, however I've read enough of his posts when he's actually contributing to the topic at hand, where his maturity and intelligence displays itself. If he were to be asked to "step up to the plate," and become a 'Mod or an 'Admin, I know that his behavior would change accordingly. Ultimately, you won't find him any more disconcerting than any of the other 'Mods or 'Admins...Fortunately, I happen to think that they're all great folks anyway...

Dude, he uses the sword of Crom.  What else do you think that sword is used for. ;)

352754[/snapback]

did you see the drawn together where foxy demonstrates how to use a lightsabre :blink::blink:

LOL, true. However, it's also equally amazing how many people line up to kiss his arse whenever an issue like this is raised.

AgentONE is a great guy, but not Admin/Mod material. He's too over the top for either position IMHO. And I mean that in the best (and the worst) way. For him to be effective at either, he would have to seriously curtail his antics around here, and that would make him less the AgentONE that everyone loves (or loves to hate :lol: ).

LOL, true.  However, it's also equally amazing how many people line up to kiss his arse whenever an issue like this is raised.

AgentONE is a great guy, but not Admin/Mod material.  He's too over the top for either position IMHO.  And I mean that in the best (and the worst) way.  For him to be effective at either, he would have to seriously curtail his antics around here, and that would make him less the AgentONE that everyone loves (or loves to hate  :lol:  ).

353619[/snapback]

Amen. If there was ever anyone who treated MW as their own little play-thing to be poked, prodded and provoked for their own (non-Macross-related) amusement. . . it's A1. Or, well, A1 together with bsu. ;) I mean, this thread is a perfect example. What is its point other than to be funny and, of course, get people talking about A1?

For every one or two people who say anything even slightly negative about A1, there will be ten or so people kissing his ass. . . many with the apparent intent of getting with the "in crowd" around here.

That's not to say I hate A1. I actually like him personally. But his antics and the sort of atmosphere they generate (I'm not talking about posting "vulgar" images) is poison for the long-term health of a community. . . even if they are amusing.

With Macross news and products so scarce, AgentOne's ego has filled the void. Thus, nearly every thread contains a reference to his awesomeness by either himself, his immediate circle of cronies, or some sycophant wanting to be his next side-kick.

H

Edited by Hurin

Tacos Rule!

353635[/snapback]

Just what I would expect to hear from the Taco Apologists. Everybody with a frontal lobe clearly recognizes that Pita Wraps are so indescribably superior to your tired old "tacos" that I can prove my point (and the remainder of this post) through interpretive dance.

*lame dance*

For those here posting. Things like, "It's sad what happen, He's a fun guy who made a mistake" and that sort of thing if you are posting this based on that one animated avatar then you are missing what the mistake was. Just imagine it with real people and that will give you a better idea.

The following a message from Agent One:

Roy,

I have been thinking about it and it and I guess you are the only one I really dicked over in my carelessness over the past week. I am really sorry. I know you are the only mod who checks the board every day and you have to clean up the mess I made of that avatar thread. I also apologies to the rest of MW, I often forget that members expect everything that shows up there to be clean... the people I work with expect my screen to have something offensive on it at all times actually.

A1

*if you wouldn't mind, could you post this on MW also, I want the whole membership to know that I am not above recognizing my mistakes.

It should be known that Agent One is self employed. If people who work with him expect to see Hard stuff like that I think he is due for a sexual harassment suit.

Whether or not A1 is co-admin material is solely up to Shawn to decide. In the end, whatever we may think of A1 is irrelevant.

The thing is Macrossworld does urgently need somebody to do regular site updates.

I'm going to be contacting (or attempting to contact) Shawn sometime within the next week and let him know that 3 people (A1, Mechamaniac & Azrael) are interested in the position.

I'll then urge Shawn to contact each of those 3 people and hopefully he can make his mind up fairly quickly which person or persons he wants to give the position to.

Graham

I've got a fever, and the only perscription is more Admin/A1/Southern Cross.

Seriosuly, I wasn't even aware of any recent offenses by A1 until I read this thread, and a few transgressions aside, from talking to A1 on and off MW, I think he would do a good job and act appropriate and responsible if given the position. MM and Azrael are both also perfect candidates, and with two of not all three of them working as admins, I think we could certainly see an improvement in MW health in a pretty short period of time...

A1 for governor!

No wait, I forgot he can't take on Arnold because that's one of those things that he can't do... hmmm...

Whoever gets put as admin should be a ninja and show ultimate power by flipping out and killing people. :D

I didn't mean any offense with that GIF. Just having a little fun. There is only one major problem I see with A1 being admin in any way. Any time the man posts in a thread, most of the remainder of said thread gets filled with people kissing his a$$ and posting about, not Macross but him... I see a post by him with protruding pecks and bulging biceps as an avatar, writing very "manly" things. Then multiple male posters getting right behind him and smooching him where God split him. Post after post about his "awesomeness". Isn't that pretty much what started this thread to begin with? It's very, weird... Creepy even. I find myself avoiding any thread that he has posted in for that reason. I just don't care to read about how awesome others think he is. How would it be if he were made admin? I do however really think he should start his own webpage. www.A1world.com. He can create threads like "List the 10 most awesome things about me" or "Name the top 5 places you would like A1 to impale you with the sword of Crom". If he builds it, they will come...

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

I didn't mean any offense with that GIF. Just having a little fun. There is only one major problem I see with A1 being admin in any way. Any time the man posts in a thread, most of the remainder of said thread gets filled with people kissing his a$$ and posting about, not Macross but him... I see a post by him with protruding pecks and bulging biceps as an avatar, writing very "manly" things. Then multiple male posters getting right behind him and smooching him where God split him. Post after post about his "awesomeness". Isn't that pretty much what started this thread to begin with? It's very, weird... Creepy even. I find myself avoiding any thread that he has posted in for that reason. I just don't care to read about how awesome others think he is. How would it be if he were made admin? I do however really think he should start his own webpage. www.A1world.com. He can create threads like "List the 10 most awesome things about me" or "Name the top 5 places you would like A1 to impale you with the sword of Crom". If he builds it, they will come...

http://a1sblog.blogspot.com/

people take what he posts WAY too seriously on these boards.

he has his own unique posting style, some people find it funny and join in by posting replies in the same way he would reply, mimicing his vernacular for the sake of fun, not kissing his ass. ass kissing would make more sense if someone got something in return for their bootlicking. but then one could argue, people just want to be down with A1 and the followers of CROM as if he or anyone else really gives a shiet. A1 hasn't given anyone anything but a good laugh or a hard time both of which he dishes out for free, whether you kiss his ass or not, whether you deserve it or not.

but hey i guess this is more ass kissing since i used words like "awesomeness" and "CROM" in my reply and for that, A1 better have some cash coming to me or atleast a free membership to A1's gym of awesomeness.....did i just use awesomeness again? you better extend that membership to 2 years.

A1 is a bud, I can say that, but there have been times that I would have liked to have given him a swift kick to the cohones, and other times I think he rocks. He has his moments and can be even more caustic then me, but I could see him being a decent site admin, sorry I can't say fantastic. I will just reitterate what Graham has said, get ahold of Shawn I'm sure if you showed him you were capable he would hand over the preverbile keys. Now excuse me a really hot female pilot just walked by in a flight half a size too small and she isn't wearing a wedding band.