Normally I'd post this in the LEGO thread, but as many of Marco's builds are Super Robots, I thought I'd leave the link here in case anyone was interested.  His photostream goes beyond just LEGO creations, as he also has pics of many of his collectible toys as well, even some Macross.  

After a loooooooonnnggg search for the upgrade parts at a reasonable cost..............................I gave up and paid dumb money. Oh well, worth it!

And boy oh boy this little figure takes up some pace now!

793994396_GetterDevolution.jpg.5b057a6536609f874efa7a0f8cd30a52.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Major Focker said:

that Boss Borot looks great!

are the hoses/tubes metal or rubber? how much of the figure is diecast?

Hosea are rubber.

The cold touch technique tells me these are metal.

Fewture.jpg.85451886358cdc9f7195d1e766a98e05.jpg.5e5b2a8fb6edde184c12c35991fac591.jpg

1 hour ago, Major Focker said:

thanks for confirming.

i read a review of the silver version some years ago where the reviewer complained it was predominantly plastic. good to hear this colored version is different.

I've got the silver one too. As far as I can tell the only thing that is different is the "collar" may not be metal.

The original colors look way better than the silver IMO. If you're going to hunt one down go original.

I couldn't find the original for about 6mo and settled for the silver. Then as is my luck I found the original a week later. Kinda had to get it.:p

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fewture Ex Gokin Mazinger Go Nagai 40th Anniversary Edition

I’ve been hunting one of these down forever! They’re really hard to find because their boxes don’t look any different than the standard paint. Most sellers don’t know what they have. Or don’t have. I actually ended up with two by mistake.

I love the coloring on this one! To be fair I love the coloring on the standard paint version too. I do love this one a wee bit better though.

Last pic is the standard color

Sorry for the crappy potato cam pics

IMG_7083.JPG.823670f137480b1448e0a9cb25708dbb.JPGIMG_7084.JPG.a8fa71e811c46968ca0005647407f60c.JPGIMG_7085.JPG.9bc5105f6e01dacbffd9f850a8805cad.JPGIMG_7086.JPG.5843f98a3584733111be835480663782.JPGIMG_7087.JPG.99bb0d367b438aee8b6209614052da5e.JPG

Fewture Mazinger 1901

I have been searching for the Scrander for this dude for a year and finally got it. You have to get a box set with other figures to get it. And it’s not easy to figure out what box set has it in either. Figuring that out was the biggest hurdle.

The toy is kinda junky. It certainly doesn’t win any playability/posing awards. And fitting some of the stuff together took some time with a pin drill to get the holes just right. And it’s always about a heavy couch away from falling over (I haven’t gone at it with the KiKi yet though). Buuuuuuuttttttt, this is by far one of my favorite toy designs athletically. I’m a sucker for Mazingers, wings and steam punk. So, it ticks all the boxes for me. I love it!

IMG_7107.JPG.ab5bb5df7b5ea26c2d2b1ec92e133930.JPG

Hace 1 hora, sqidd dijo:

Fewture Mazinger 1901

He estado buscando el Scrander para este tipo durante un año y finalmente lo obtuve. Tienes que conseguir una caja con otras figuras para conseguirlo. Y tampoco es fácil averiguar en qué caja se incluye. Descubrir eso fue el mayor obstáculo.

El juguete es un poco drogadicto. Ciertamente no gana ningún premio de jugabilidad / presentación. Y encajar algunas de las cosas juntas tomó algo de tiempo con un taladro para hacer los agujeros bien. Y siempre se trata de que un sofá pesado no se caiga (aunque todavía no lo he hecho con el KiKi). Buuuuuuuttttttt, este es, con mucho, uno de mis diseños de juguetes favoritos atléticamente. Soy un fanático de los Mazinger, las alas y el steam punk. Entonces, cumple todos los requisitos para mí. ¡Me encanta!

IMG_7107.JPG.ab5bb5df7b5ea26c2d2b1ec92e133930.JPG

I have the 3 versions
at least i think so:unknw:

IMG_20130901_134647.jpg

The ultimate Fewture Ex Gokin? The Great Mazinger Go Nagai 40th Anniversary Edition. At least a massive grail. And in this pic he’s KILLING the Conan pose! I’ve been searching for one of these forever it seems like. They’re as rare as hens’ teeth.

To all the haters out there with the original paint/versions of the Ex Gokin figures that dump on the people who have the repaints………Shame on you. Not cool. And oh yeah, original color what? Where is your 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Go Nagai…………you original color peasants!:p

For those of you that are not skilled in the ways of irony and sarcasm I’m not really dumping on the original color figures (I’ve got them and love them too). I was making fun of the “I’m better than you” crowd.;)

IMG_7166.JPG.31ec671a40c82210e616e229412e974a.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...