Just unboxed and put together the Beast Combination Dancouga. It's in the middle sandwiched between two originals. 

- Paint's different and a blatant tell from the originals: I don't think it's a "bad" thing, either. It's no different than Sentinel doing a re release with different paint tells. Notably things like the face being chromed vs silver and the little chest guns as well. 

- The added diecast parts in the shoulders and arms are neat but in the 12 originals I currently have I have yet to break anything so it's hard for me to see it as an improvement but regardless it's cool, solid, and preventative. 

- The extra accessories like the swords and wings are nice. 

- The changes in the hands and wrists are unnecessary and pretty unsightly. The wrist pegs were changed to be a bit longer and thinner and the hands don't have the female balljoint connectors not cut deep enough so you're left with these long, thin wrists exposed. 

Overall one thing in general that I'd see as an actual problem and outside of that it's a really well-done capture of the mold with some neat add-ons. 

1-498.png

A few items on sale right now at HLJ:

Soul of Chogokin GX-76 Grendizer D.C. (Reissue): https://www.hlj.com/soul-of-chogokin-gx-76-grendizer-d-c-reissue-bans57884

Metal Build Great Mazinger: https://www.hlj.com/metal-build-great-mazinger-bans55478

Chogokin GX-84 Invincible Super Man Zambot 3: https://www.hlj.com/chogokin-damashii-gx-84-invincible-super-man-zambot-3-f-a-bans55199

Soul of Chogokin GX-82 Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3https://www.hlj.com/soul-of-chogokin-gx-82-invincible-steel-man-daitarn-3-f-a-bans55139

Got to mess around with the Pose+ Lightan for a few minutes and it's... decent? It's extremely nice to have a Lightan at this size and it's hard to tell if it's having messed with the other two first but it just doesn't have  that same oomph to me when it comesto the quality. It looks fine and all of that but little stuff like the joints not having that firmness of the others to the point where the diecast in the legs on mine seem to weigh the extended ankles back  down and little stuff like the compartment that holds up the light  up head coming loose when I move the head is pretty meh. I'll fiddle with it more and see what of it is user error but so far it's a big ol "ok" and even outside of the mecha chosen I can see why this one's been sitting at retail whete the others are selling pretty fast.

20200130_191047-scaled-e1580434154444.jp

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Lol..  all treats are his treats according to the book of Chip (his name.)

I think my dogs have read the Book of Chip.

He's a cutie.

On-topic, I kinda love Gold Lightan. He's ugly and boxy, but on the other hand... giant robot cigarette lighter is too ridiculous to hate.

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

On-topic, I kinda love Gold Lightan. He's ugly and boxy, but on the other hand... giant robot cigarette lighter is too ridiculous to hate.

There's something about its simplicity that makes it just a great mecha in general. 

• 3 weeks later...

The full review and gallery for the Pose+ P.03 Goshogun is up: https://kumastyledesigns.com/pose-plus-goshogun-review/

Title-twitter-pp-goshogun.png 

Article goes in depth but here's the summary:b

Overall Score: 7.5/10 – This is easily and obviously not only the best Goshogun toy of all time but honestly the best we’ll probably ever see making it what I’d call the absolute definitive collectible for this mecha. However for everything that it does well in terms of build and engineering, the paint on mine coming with defects as well as reading stories from others regarding a variety of quality issues including cracks in the plastic it seems that the actual condition yours arrives in is a toss up. This isn’t good articularly being one of the first figures under this brand. However if you get one in absolutely pristine condition then prepare to be amazed. That’s not to say that you won’t be impressed ven with issues but given the price of the product and the standards set by ArtStorm in general you should expect much different than what customers have been given in this regard.

And here are a few pics from the gallery portion:

4-2-1.png?ssl=1 

7-282.png?ssl=1 

18-119.png?ssl=1

Edited by Kuma Style

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got to open my Action Toys Voltes V with all the time I have at home.  It's nowhere near the quality level of any comparable Chogokin, and I certainly wasn't expecting that. But at forty bucks, I was willing to give it a shot.20200325_214537_copy_1088x665.jpg.2afa57b83cfc32482fc8d2fd288968d2.jpg

Moving features on each Volt unit are essentially nil; you have movable claws on the Volt Panzer and the Volt Lander has flip out drills, but that's all.20200325_221919_copy_517x664.jpg.1653de0a10ba3a31ea7adc6d3d6c3ba7.jpg

Combined mode is approximately 5 inches. Everything is plastic and the paint apps are done nicely, with nary a spot of slop.  All the Volt units combined easily per the instructions and the only partsforming going on is with the hands/fists with three different pairs to choose from.  Swivels and ball joints at the hips, ankles, and shoulders govern the range of motion at the limbs.  No waist rotation though, and the head, while on a ball joint, will require the rear half of Volt Cruiser to raise up to look around.20200325_221607_copy_726x665.jpg.eb55c7f68d709f4084e491fc4fd9c10f.jpg

The only weapon it has is the sword, no frills here.  Overall, it's not too bad of a toy. I would compare its feel to that of a solidly built garage kit.  I think any Voltes fan who requires a desk toy to tinker around with would dig it.  If anything it just whets my appetite for the humungous DX version that Bandai is working on.

Edited by Valkyrie Hunter D

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

Oh, is that what Action Toys has been up to instead of doing a DX Eagle Robo to go with their excellent DX Bike Robo?

Yes; they've been trying to work on lines that may actually sell.

(And I'm saying this as a fan of the DX Bike Robo)

3 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Harsh, but fair.

The market for modern GoBots isn't exactly robust, and I think it is safe to say that the modern Machine Robo market isn't a lot bigger.

6 hours ago, JB0 said:

Harsh, but fair.

The market for modern GoBots isn't exactly robust, and I think it is safe to say that the modern Machine Robo market isn't a lot bigger.

Exactly. Can't be too confused as to why a company would move on from stuff that has unsold to the point of being clearanced out everywhere.

--------------------------

2-403.png

On 3/26/2020 at 3:10 AM, Kuma Style said:

I fully get that most of their Machine Robo stuff isn't selling and still widely available.  To be honest, the two I picked up (Bike Robo and Steam Robo) weren't that good.  But I was under the impression that Bike Robo DX did pretty well.  Was I mistaken?

I also wonder if, after Bike Robo DX came out, a lot of people who were thinking about picking up their Machine Robo stuff were passing on the hope of eventual DX versions?  I never bought Eagle Robo because I was waiting for them do do Eagle Robo DX with a Hanna-Barbara face.

2 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

I fully get that most of their Machine Robo stuff isn't selling and still widely available.  To be honest, the two I picked up (Bike Robo and Steam Robo) weren't that good.  But I was under the impression that Bike Robo DX did pretty well.  Was I mistaken?

I also wonder if, after Bike Robo DX came out, a lot of people who were thinking about picking up their Machine Robo stuff were passing on the hope of eventual DX versions?  I never bought Eagle Robo because I was waiting for them do do Eagle Robo DX with a Hanna-Barbara face.

- I just looked on the toysource and there's a bike robo listing for 119 (like a 30 buck mark down.) With that, from what I recalled I think the DX Bike Robo was a relatively small run in comparison to normal releases, but I can't be sure this far out.

- No; the smaller machine robo toys were fiddly junk unfortunately and that's why people didn't take to them. They're no bueno and that's why I never even bothered to review a single one of them. 

Never know what the future will bring but if they happened to not make any more at this point I wouldn't blame them one bit.

• 3 weeks later...