Voltes V, Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Daimos, Voltron Lions, and Combattler... in that order since I grew up with them.

Not sure if its a super robot...i assume so since its "robot of the week" with the same final move each week, one of my personal faves:

Ramrod from Saber Rider (or whatever it was called in Japan, some weird name)

Not sure if its a super robot...i assume so since its "robot of the week" with the same final move each week, one of my personal faves:

350241[/snapback]

Ramrod is correct (read alot of sex jokes regarding it over the years :ph34r: ).

350241[/snapback]

Ramrod is correct (read alot of sex jokes regarding it over the years :ph34r: ).

350246[/snapback]

Actually no....the japanese version is called Bismarck. OMG Wiki has everything!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saber_Rider_a...e_Star_Sheriffs

:lol:

Ramrod was a pretty cool name then....even now....since my head became all smutty. :p

Who remmebers what they actually said during the transformation sequence? I thought it was pretty cool, with the moosik and all. ;)

April: "Ramrod Battle Sequence, Go!" *presses button*

Voice (which i presume is Ramrod) : "Acknowledged April"

"Ramrod Battle Sequence, On" *ramrod's hull/coat opens*

*The control consoles drop to the center....they are all dressed in their battle suits*

*The consoles start revolving*

*something in between here*

.................."roll them out"

Then it ends with : "Power strike, ready to ride"

Edited by wolfx

For me its always been Voltes V.  :lol:

Heck, the thing is like a national hero of sorts to pinoys (Filipinos) like me. :D  Voltes V to pinoys is like how The original Gundam was to the Japanese. :)

350268[/snapback]

LOL, isn't that the truth. But ask a pinoy why that is, and he'll just say, "Because..." I mean, its not like Voltes V as a super robot is any better than Combattler or Mazinger or Kotetsu Jeeg.

I can't even explain why its so damn popular among Filipinos. Someone once said because it was a big symbol of fighting the power since Marcos didn't want foreign things like that to be shown on TV?

For me its always been Voltes V.  :lol:

Heck, the thing is like a national hero of sorts to pinoys (Filipinos) like me. :D  Voltes V to pinoys is like how The original Gundam was to the Japanese. :)

350268[/snapback]

LOL, isn't that the truth. But ask a pinoy why that is, and he'll just say, "Because..." I mean, its not like Voltes V as a super robot is any better than Combattler or Mazinger or Kotetsu Jeeg.

I can't even explain why its so damn popular among Filipinos. Someone once said because it was a big symbol of fighting the power since Marcos didn't want foreign things like that to be shown on TV?

350327[/snapback]

Maybe its because its the show that dominated your saturday morning slot , or one of the only Super robo shows of that time, pretty much like how Voltron is shown in america?

Maybe its because its the show that dominated your saturday morning slot , or one of the only Super robo shows of that time, pretty much like how Voltron is shown in america?

350332[/snapback]

I don't think so, since I watched a whooole lot of super robot shows other than Voltes V at the time. There were so many I can't even remember all the names.

Never watched super robot shows growing up. I was always into the more "realistic" style mecha shows.

I'll just have to go with Gunbuster as I love it's design and one of the first anime series I shelled out cash for (still have my mint condition US Renditions tapes) :D

:lol:

Ramrod was a pretty cool name then....even now....since my head became all smutty. :p

Who remmebers what they actually said during the transformation sequence? I thought it was pretty cool, with the moosik and all. ;)

April: "Ramrod Battle Sequence, Go!" *presses button*

Voice (which i presume is Ramrod) : "Acknowledged April"

"Ramrod Battle Sequence, On" *ramrod's hull/coat opens*

*The control consoles drop to the center....they are all dressed in their battle suits*

*The consoles start revolving*

*something in between here*

.................."roll them out"

Then it ends with : "Power strike, ready to ride"

350272[/snapback]

Actually its

Big red button:

April: All right! Ramrod will now take Navigational control!

Ramrod: Acknowledged, April. Navigational control on. Ramrod

challenge phase . . . one. Head 'em up, move 'em out! Powerstride,

and ready to ride.

Ramrod = Optimus Prime = Peter Cullen.

http://members.tripod.com/~Star_Sheriffs/fans/saber_ri.mp3

My favs were the force five robots. Gaiking, Grendizer, Starvengers (Getter G), DANGARD ACE.