Zentradi Nupetiet-vergnitzs

Mechleader

That's meaningless given how that it's YOUR opinion against everyone elses opinion. As for the expense of resin, well that's his F-up for not going with a cheaper material. But lets face it that the model only costs that much because it's business and he's got an audience for it.

393097[/snapback]

Some companies go with cheap stuff, see Warp from England. Those models are made from good masters but the material used renders them unbuildable, and they are STILL expensive. There is no such thing as a shortcut to good quality resin - the kit´s price is justified!

It has grown on me every time I had a look at it - now if I only had the money to spare....

I love it.

I'm not a real fan of the flagship, but if he makes a destroyer (what are they called. Y'know... they look like a scout ship on steroids... dang that's gonna haunt me all day) or a Quiltra-Queleal I'd be a happy, happy person.

What is the name of that destroyer? Argh! :lol:

That's meaningless given how that it's YOUR opinion against everyone elses opinion. As for the expense of resin, well that's his F-up for not going with a cheaper material. But lets face it that the model only costs that much because it's business and he's got an audience for it.

393097[/snapback]

Some companies go with cheap stuff, see Warp from England. Those models are made from good masters but the material used renders them unbuildable, and they are STILL expensive. There is no such thing as a shortcut to good quality resin - the kit´s price is justified!

It has grown on me every time I had a look at it - now if I only had the money to spare....

394440[/snapback]

I was expecting it to be more expensive actually. The price isn't bad, if you just are happy with the sculpt. Oh, Honeamise, you have begun to like it more again? I would need to see some reviews and even build ups before I could know for sure. Wayne said he was going to keep it available longer possibly IIRC. I could consider it if I heard enough of good things about it.

There are a couple of bigger things I don't like with the sculpt. To name one, the thick engine fins in the back. I would want to modify those, and other stuff too. It is correct to be organic, but it should still have very fine detail. I can't really know how that would look in person.

Chrono sounds like he hasn't a clue about producing original GKs and their price ranges. No one serious modeler doesn't want crappy material to be used to lower the price. What I hear is that Wayne does superb casting. Well, Berttt saw it in person. And a half a meter cucumber is not exactly a small kit.

Scale solutions is selling another one on ebay.

They base their sale on demand, not the resin, other molds sell half the price because people will pay less for em.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Robotech-zentr...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Mechwarrior

Looking at this pic, I am having temptations to get it afteral... Heck, I don't know... No, not from this auction. :rolleyes:

http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/f9/e2/f7_3.JPG

Hey Berttt, since you have seen it in person, can you describe how fine details it has in reality? I am guessing the finest lines can't be seen in the pictures. Was there a lot of fine scribings and stuff?

Edited by Sdf-1

I know I sound like a salesman for SS but I just think that it is too easy to bash something you have never seen or spoken to the kit maker. I am only giving my imperssions, having actually seen the kit and spoken to Wayne.

Scale Solutions don't sell any other kits of this size. Most of Wayne's stuff is not to a standard scale since most other castings are one piece and sized to fit in his pressure pot. So that will explain why theyre is a major price difference. Also the volume of material is pretty huge, there is a lot of resin in that kit. Plus like I have said before resin is expensive here, 250mls of resin is about AUD$50, then you have the cost of molds on top of that.

As for details, I can agree that some of the sculpting is a bit too organic, even for my liking, but comparing the amount of work I would have had to put into my original booster fuselage castings (which everyone here raved about), and the amount of work to change a few details on the Nupetiet-Vergnitzs, I would rather the latter, if for no other reason than the resin seems much easier to work with. There are not a huge amount of panel lines, (as in there aren't a billion tiny squares) but there are enough to give it a sense of scale and show that it is assembled, not grown. They are quite finely engraved too, and on some of the heavier ones (they vary from light to heavy, depending on what they represent) there is a slight paint chipping effect, like the edges of some ablative armour panels have been torn away by something. It's quite cool to look at actually. The larger rivet type holes (doubt they would be rivet holes in reality) look like they are a bit obvious and don't quite gel , but I didn't see a painted one so I can't tell how it would come out. They wouldn't take much to get them to look more integrated. Over all the details are great.

I could always ask wayne to give me a close pic of some of thr details for you to have a look at. It's no good me doing it, my photography sucks.

I hop that helps.

Berttt

I could always ask wayne to give me a close pic of some of thr details for you to have a look at.

394960[/snapback]

Thanks Berttt, I think it would be best to see high res pics of unpainted parts with a black panel wash so that the details could be seen.

Wayne just updated his website with some more pics.

395091[/snapback]

$245 AUD? That's quite cheap actually.. I pay more for my original FSS resin's from Japan..

I did always feel that the star wars stuff that wayne sells was a bit overpriced (was interested, but rather invest that cash elsewhere).. but yeah.. the prices we pay for things some people would consider cheap (ie resin).. yech.

The comparison to Volks and WSC resin kits is entirely inappropriate to this secario. Those kits tend to have dozens of intricate and delicate parts. There is no comparison.

This kit would be better compared to figure kits for parts breakdown and complexity.

Being a FSS fan I just could let that one pass. :)