Update To Main Mw Splash Page?

If anyone cared, they COULD drive the price of imported products up. Drop a heavy tarriff on anything coming in from overseas.

NAFTA, of course, is the opposite of that.

350518[/snapback]

and now Cafta, its a good way for drug lords to launder thier money into the US :angry:

If anyone cared, they COULD drive the price of imported products up. Drop a heavy tarriff on anything coming in from overseas.

350518[/snapback]

Yours is the only good argument thus far, but I can justify NAFTA, and other free trade agreements. If the US becomes an island unto itself, we allow other countries corporate entities to leverage off of each other's strengths and produce products, ultimately leading to global economy products being of equal quality and far lower cost. Americans would only buy American, but nobody else would, and if it is only the US buying US products, thats total economic meltdown.

yeah, big problem with trade is it isnt regulated, when you have 3rd world countries whier the government forces them into slave labor, but then again you dont get caught unless your Mrs Stewart (you cant compete with that), All the econo kids here think the same thing your talking about and that all the americans are going to do is have the management jobs and "controll" information and all the labor is going to be done in another country or with foreign labor here. It is happening, but the products/services are suffering. thats whier you economic meltdown is going to happen. and unless your dealing with high end product and a high end market, your suffering. The old saying is doing a back flip, sell one thing for a million bucks or sell one million things for a buck each, which is easier? for those who think a world economy is the way are gravly mistaken. what do you think is going to happen when wages in Mexico are the same as here and have the same opertunities, your cheap labor just got bit more expensive hence hyper inflation, then Mexicos economy falls. hyper inflation is a real thing, its happening in china right now, they cant print money fast enough and thiers no controll or backing too it

edit; sorry guys this probably isnt the place for a political grip, and A1 I have no doubt to your expertise on the subject

Edited by pfunk

Whoa.......what's all this to do with updating the splash page?

Anyway, I've finally managed to track down Shawn and get the updated passwords to the new server, so updates will start soon, once I get some family problems cleared up.

Graham

351027[/snapback]

Macross World directlly effects the worlds economy :D

Anyway, I've finally managed to track down Shawn and get the updated passwords to the new server, so updates will start soon, once I get some family problems cleared up.

Graham

351027[/snapback]

While you are at it, change the name of the site from 'Macross World' to 'Excuse World'

HAHAHA, I don't have kids or a wife so I can't realte to your problems... It is also important to keep in mind that I am a total jerk... Oh wait! I have a solution for you!

Just tape a picture of me to your forehead the next time you make love to your wife... All your problems will be solved.

350518[/snapback]

Yours is the only good argument thus far, but I can justify NAFTA, and other free trade agreements.

I actually wasn't trying to make an argument for or against, really.

Just a simple statement of fact.

Tariffs in modern times are used exclusively to prevent overseas products from competing with domestic ones.

Whether that's a good or bad thing is up for debate.

IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY.