Hasegawa VF-1A Kakizaki TV type

Gabe Q

Hello,

My first post! Let me start off by letting everyone know how much I enjoy Macross World. I've been checking these forums for a few months now and it was quite a scare when it was down for a while. I decided to become an official member now that everything is brand new here.

I went crazy on ebay and snatched up about twelve Hasegawa valkyries. I’ve never built a model kit so I couldn't bear to ruin one by building it. For practice, I bought a few of those 1/100-scale Arii kits. After putting a few of those kits under my belt, I decided to try my luck at one of those Hasegawas…

So anyway, I started the VF-1A about a week ago. I’m building the Kakizaki TV version of the kit. I’m satisfied with my progress so far. After building a few of those Arii kits, you really get an appreciation for the quality of the Hasegawa kits.

My question for everyone is, what number should I put on Kakizaki’s 1A and where? I know Roy’s Skull One is 001, Hikaru’s VF-1J is 101, and so on. Also, since I plan on building Max’s VF-1A from the TV series, what number should put on his? Max’s markings on his VF-1J say 202. I’ve seen the entire TV series about five times since I bought the Animeigo set and I can’t find that info anywhere. I’ve tried the web, too

Anyway, this may seem like a little detail to some people but I just want to be accurate to the show, lest a floating head appear and annihilate my valk. I guess I’ll attach one pic to show you what I mean. My camera doesn’t take good close ups though. Anybody know how to take good close ups with a Canon S230?

Sorry, I went on and on and on...

post-3-1061453240_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's suppose to be:

001-Skull Leader

101-Hikaru VF-1J

111-Max VF-1A

112-Kakizaki VF-1A

202-Max VF-1J

303-Milia VF-1J

Also here's the color scheme as done by Crazy Canuck (I believe):

09_Kakizaki_TV_color_scheme.jpg

edit: Take note of the disclaimer that this is not official. It looks pretty damn accurate to me though.

Go here to see the rest of his renditions of the color schemes:

http://vaxxine.com/BLAST/macross/schemes/

Good luck. Can't wait to see it.

crap. Nevermind. I didn't read closely enough. The link is above!

Is there an archive of these anywhere? I would love to get my hands on these for decaling my 1/48s!

I don't want to take the 1/48s' sticker sheets out of their bags. . . and I'm using the (superb) TakaToys custom stickers. So these would really help!

Thanks!

Hurin

Those pics are cool! :blink::blink::blink:

I re-watched the Macross series and saw that Max's VF-1A was "003" so I made my VF-1A Kakizaki TV type "02". I went the easy route and cut the "2" off of my "202" decal went with 02 instead of 002. :lol:

BTW after re-watching the Macross series many, many times, they don't show Kakizaki number ANYWHERE!

Thanks!

Tom, thanks for the info. That's exactly what I was looking for. Looks official enough for me. Looks like Crazy Canuck really put a lot of work into those. Thnks to him, too. I'll post some pics of the finished valk.

SDF Commander, where in the heck did you see Max's VF-1A marked as 003? Which episode is that?