End of Evangelion.

I read somewhere that Asuka on the final (movie ending) is not the true Asuka, but a combination of Misato, Rei and Asuka. :huh:

please tell me that you are joking. Please. I am very gullible and instead of F***ing my head even more please tell me if you are serious or not.

TV Ending: Shinji rejects Instrumentality for all the reasons I mentioned in the previous topic, the stage set shatters appart, & everyone congratulates him.

Movie Ending: Shinji rejects Instrumentality, the egg that Lilith/Rei/God gathered everyone up into LCL inside splits open, everyone spills out into the ocean, Shinji reforms on shore with Asuka.

SAME ENDING! :)

Yeah, I read your interpretation of the final TV episodes. But I don't think you can make many one-to-one correspondences between the TV and Movie endings. The few scenes that are the same are shown in a different order, so trying to figure out what's happening when between the two is an exercise doomed to failure.

Your theory is also based on ideas of what Instrumentality looks like that may or may not be true...where did you get the information that everyone was (for want of a better term) incorporated into Shinji? I've never heard that before, and thus view it with natural skepticism.

And anyway, as someone mentioned elsewhere, the Newtype 100% book claims that Shinji at the very end of the TV series is the Instrumentalized Shinji. I have the book and I've checked it. Now you could argue that they got it wrong, I suppose, or you could argue that a few seconds AFTER the TV series ended, he changed his mind, but you can't state as an unqualified fact that the two endings are the same.

If that's how you want to view it, great. But if you want to be intellectually honest, you've got to call it a theory, not a fact. And you've got to ignore the Newtype book to do so.

This one, on the other hand, I thin we can ALL agree on:

I read somewhere that Asuka on the final (movie ending) is not the true Asuka, but a combination of Misato, Rei and Asuka. :huh:

This ridiculous and nonsensical idea is based on the fact that Asuka's eyes look brown in the final scene of EoE. But they're not brown, they're blue...it's just dark outside, so naturally her eyes look darker. This one gets debunked over and over again, but somehow it refuses to die...

This ridiculous and nonsensical idea is based on the fact that Asuka's eyes look brown in the final scene of EoE. But they're not brown, they're blue...it's just dark outside, so naturally her eyes look darker. This one gets debunked over and over again, but somehow it refuses to die...

A very silly theory that I had not heard of before.

BTW, does anybody have a freeze frame of the blast that finishes Misato off because I heard that there is a frame where you can see parts of her going everywhere. (They really knew how to treat characters that were popular with the fans)

Taksraven

BTW, does anybody have a freeze frame of the blast that finishes Misato off because I heard that there is a frame where you can see parts of her going everywhere. (They really knew how to treat characters that were popular with the fans)

Taksraven

I'll try to see if I can get a screenshot in a bit...but yes, if you go through the DVD frame-by-frame, you can see her lower half flying off the screen with her upper half being, um, not attached. :(

Taksraven

Here ya go...

post-939-1230430155_thumb.png

Here ya go...

post-939-1230430155_thumb.png

Thanks for that. It looks much worse than I expected. Poor Misato, one of the strongest (but still vulnerable) female characters I have ever seen in an anime program and they go and do that to her.

Taksraven

Misato Katsuragi is my favorite character in the series.

I just now finished watching End of Evangelion for my first time. I cant wait to watch the final two episodes of the series now.

She was doomed from the start... the sexy older officer who becomes a mentor/crush fixation always dies! Matilda and Ayame I'm looking at you. (in Macross they can live though)

Anyway... I think I have to disagree with what Keith said in the other thread, I just rewatched End of Eva and to me everyone gooping into Shinji doesn't seem to fit... he was the only one who was not put into the egg or LCL sea or whatever because he said, "everyone should die, I should die... is it okay if I stay?" in Instrumentality everyone was supposed to die and then become one, but Shinji chose for himself to stay seperate... which is good cause if he hadn't he wouldn't have been able to ask to reverse to process.

Rei also says that people will reform if their hearts can remember their human forum or whatever... and yeah Yui says (though this might just be her opinion) that all hearts can do that. Though I wonder about the recent dead like misato and Ritsuko since their bodies were also changed (in the twinkling of an eye I guess... the third impact would essentially be the rapture of Evangelion) into LCL can they come back? who knows.

Also it seems to me that Shinji had more then two choices, Fuyutsuki said that Evangelion had become the same as God... and Rei and Kaworu asked what Shinji's wish was, what did he want. So it seemed to me he could have created any world he wanted.

I think this depends on the Japanese understanding of "God" - and what that entails.... Which I don't know anything about - but we'd certainly have to know what the concept means to them to get a grasp of what Fuyutsuki was saying...

As for whether Misato and everyone else who was killed prior to the onset of Instrumentality can "come back" (aka prior to the transformation of everyone into LCL)... I don't know.... but I think that not really.

LCL is simply the primordial liquid form of a human being as he is "now." Aka - if a 15 year old who is healthy is turned into LCL he can come back/be brought back (barring any malfunctions/failures) and will return as a healthy 15 year old.

He cannot - for instance - be brought back as a 45 year old with a potbelly.

Genetic manipulation and the transformation between LCL and "regular" human form are two different things.

Conesquently; Misato's body can indeed be brought back - technically - although it is questionable whether her soul/consciousness is still around to make that choice.

To put it another way:

Being turned into LCL is NOT the same as dying.

Transformation into LCL is the evolution of life towards something more perfect.

Death is simply death - and - barring the existence of an afterlife - it is finite.

Ergo - I conjecture that - sadly (because I loved her) - Misato is simply dead. As is Ritsuko and all of the other people who died in the battle prior to LCL transformation. This also goes for people who, for instance, died of natural causes the day before.

After all - people in their graves are not turning into LCL and suddenly chosing to be reborn.

And - the choice to return to individuality from LCL is not coequal with immortality. Shinji and Asuka, who returned from LCL, will eventually die of old age or other causes - just like the rest of us.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

As for whether Misato and everyone else who was killed prior to the onset of Instrumentality can "come back" (aka prior to the transformation of everyone into LCL)... I don't know.... but I think that not really.

LCL is simply the primordial liquid form of a human being as he is "now." Aka - if a 15 year old who is healthy is turned into LCL he can come back/be brought back (barring any malfunctions/failures) and will return as a healthy 15 year old.

He cannot - for instance - be brought back as a 45 year old with a potbelly.

Genetic manipulation and the transformation between LCL and "regular" human form are two different things.

Conesquently; Misato's body can indeed be brought back - technically - although it is questionable whether her soul/consciousness is still around to make that choice.

To put it another way:

Transformation into LCL is the evolution of life towards something more perfect.

Death is simply death - and - barring the existence of an afterlife - it is finite.

Ergo - I conjecture that - sadly (because I loved her) - Misato is simply dead. As is Ritsuko and all of the other people who died in the battle prior to LCL transformation. This also goes for people who, for instance, died of natural causes the day before.

After all - people in their graves are not turning into LCL and suddenly chosing to be reborn.

And - the choice to return to individuality from LCL is not coequal with immortality. Shinji and Asuka, who returned from LCL, will eventually die of old age or other causes - just like the rest of us.

Pete

I think I disagree. Since there was a Rei next to Misato when she blew up, and a Rei next to dorwned Ritsuko, it think that their souls got harvested, and they might be able to get a new lease on life. Maybe.

Gubaba - I hate to burst your bubble - but there was a Rei the size of the planet Earth over every human being - living and dead - and unless we accept that every single person whose bones were buried in the ground since the first homo sapiens walked the Earth was harvested into LCL and now gets to choose to come back or not, then we have to accept that...

Misato is dead :(

Hate to be the bearer of bad news - but it just seems logical to me... sad, but logical.

Pete

Gubaba - I hate to burst your bubble - but there was a Rei the size of the planet Earth over every human being - living and dead - and unless we accept that every single person whose bones were buried in the ground since the first homo sapiens walked the Earth was harvested into LCL and now gets to choose to come back or not, then we have to accept that...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news - but it just seems logical to me... sad, but logical.

Pete

Well...why was Rei with Misato at that point at all? Instrumentality hadn't started yet, and the army of Little Naked Reis was not yet on the march. But yet, just before Misato dies...there's a soul-harvester Rei next to her.

I'm not really attached to the idea of Misato coming back, but I think it's a possibility.

And...um...I don't remember anyone saying the dead people were part of Instrmentality, let alone the first Homo Sapiens. Where did you get that information?

From conjecture :) Just like 99% of everything that I write :)

As for the Rei Soul Harvester. It seemed to me, judging by how everyone else was turned into LCL, that the process was initiated, and everyone saw an image of someone they loved - basically making their reduction to LCL "pleasant" - or rather dulling the fear, showing them, that indeed they are evolving to something better - happier.

Misato's body was seen being torn in half by the explosion - we saw that. I don't think Rei could have harvested her soul if she were already dead. Also, if she was turned into LCL (which I equate to be the physical representation of being harvested), then we wouldn't have seen her body being ripped in half by the explosion.

Ritsuka was dead long before Rei appeared before her - even if the gunshot didn't kill her, she had enough time to drown.

Sorry to sound so morbid; but I don't think - I can't fathom - that NGE would just end on a retcon of "and now everyone is alive."

Also - my point about "all dead people from the past" can be put differently: For example - what if, far away from the battle, some people died naturally, in their homes, on the street, in the office - just part of life...the day before Instrumentality.

Are we to presume that they were also harvested?

If so - then the question arises - so where is the "cut off point?"

If you die five minutes before Insttrumentality (Ritsuko) and still get harvested and get to come back, then does that mean that people who died 24 hours prior to Instrumentality also get the same chance?

If so - then how far back can it go?

A week before? A year? A century? A few hundred thousand years?

It seems to me that Neon Genesis Evangelon has a clearly Aristotelian view of the soul - meaning Anthropomorphic. The soul in NGE is part of the body. Without the body - or at least without the physical chemical components that make up the distinct human person - there is no soul.

Ergo - if someone died prior to Instrumentality - they are simply dead. Perhaps they too can be reduced to LCL - but the LCL is simply the liquid form of a dead body as opposed to a living one. It is no longer human in the full sense.

Also - as I wrote above - if we can accept that turning the dead into LCL suddenly gives their souls the chance to come back - then clearly the transformation to LCL would become an avenue towards immortality for humans.

If someone died - you could rush them to NERV, turn them into LCL goop and then "recover them" (if their souls wanted to come back) - and hey presto - they'd be alive.

This would clearly be ridiculous, and nowhere in NGE is it shown that this is even a possibility.

Pete

From conjecture :) Just like 99% of everything that I write :)

As for the Rei Soul Harvester. It seemed to me, judging by how everyone else was turned into LCL, that the process was initiated, and everyone saw an image of someone they loved - basically making their reduction to LCL "pleasant" - or rather dulling the fear, showing them, that indeed they are evolving to something better - happier.

Misato's body was seen being torn in half by the explosion - we saw that. I don't think Rei could have harvested her soul if she were already dead. Also, if she was turned into LCL (which I equate to be the physical representation of being harvested), then we wouldn't have seen her body being ripped in half by the explosion.

Ritsuka was dead long before Rei appeared before her - even if the gunshot didn't kill her, she had enough time to drown.

Sorry to sound so morbid; but I don't think - I can't fathom - that NGE would just end on a retcon of "and now everyone is alive."

Also - my point about "all dead people from the past" can be put differently: For example - what if, far away from the battle, some people died naturally, in their homes, on the street, in the office - just part of life...the day before Instrumentality.

Are we to presume that they were also harvested?

If so - then the question arises - so where is the "cut off point?"

If you die five minutes before Insttrumentality (Ritsuko) and still get harvested and get to come back, then does that mean that people who died 24 hours prior to Instrumentality also get the same chance?

If so - then how far back can it go?

A week before? A year? A century? A few hundred thousand years?

It seems to me that Neon Genesis Evangelon has a clearly Aristotelian view of the soul - meaning Anthropomorphic. The soul in NGE is part of the body. Without the body - or at least without the physical chemical components that make up the distinct human person - there is no soul.

Ergo - if someone died prior to Instrumentality - they are simply dead. Perhaps they too can be reduced to LCL - but the LCL is simply the liquid form of a dead body as opposed to a living one. It is no longer human in the full sense.

Also - as I wrote above - if we can accept that turning the dead into LCL suddenly gives their souls the chance to come back - then clearly the transformation to LCL would become an avenue towards immortality for humans.

If someone died - you could rush them to NERV, turn them into LCL goop and then "recover them" (if their souls wanted to come back) - and hey presto - they'd be alive.

This would clearly be ridiculous, and nowhere in NGE is it shown that this is even a possibility.

Pete

But Rei was shown with Misato just BEFORE the explosion, and just before she died.

But, more to the point, there IS an example of someone dying and coming back: Asuka. I think it's pretty clear that she was killed when the Eva series ate Eva-02 (when the Lance of Longinus hits Eva-02's eye, blood starts pouring out of Asuka's eye, when the Eva's arm is split, her arm is split...what would the Eva being ripped to shreds do to her...?), and yet...she's there at the end.

I do think Misato and Ritsuko coming back would be something of a cheat, but I have to say that the movie seems to leave it open as a possibility.

But, more to the point, there IS an example of someone dying and coming back: Asuka. I think it's pretty clear that she was killed when the Eva series ate Eva-02 (when the Lance of Longinus hits Eva-02's eye, blood starts pouring out of Asuka's eye, when the Eva's arm is split, her arm is split...what would the Eva being ripped to shreds do to her...?), and yet...she's there at the end.

I never got the impression that Asuka died. I simply got the impression that her EVA was mangled, and I imagine she simply passed out from the experience. But I didn't notice that her arm was split, or that her eye was bleeding, or that her intenstines were hanging out. I simply noticed that these things happened to EVA-02, and Asuka covered her eye, and grabbed her stomach in pain etc.

I imagine the mental shock of the nerve connection - and feeling all of EVA-02's pain led her to go into a trauma induced state of unconsciousness and perhaps even to "think" that she was dead.

But - this doesn't mean she died. I mean - EVA-01 smashed EVA-04's head, but Toshi didn't have his skull bashed in because of it.

Pete

I never got the impression that Asuka died. I simply got the impression that her EVA was mangled, and I imagine she simply passed out from the experience. But I didn't notice that her arm was split, or that her eye was bleeding, or that her intenstines were hanging out. I simply noticed that these things happened to EVA-02, and Asuka covered her eye, and grabbed her stomach in pain etc.

I imagine the mental shock of the nerve connection - and feeling all of EVA-02's pain led her to go into a trauma induced state of unconsciousness and perhaps even to "think" that she was dead.

But - this doesn't mean she died. I mean - EVA-01 smashed EVA-04's head, but Toshi didn't have his skull bashed in because of it.

Pete

No...but Touji didn't have tremendous synchro ratio with Eva-03 that Asuka had with the 02.

But yeah, the split arm initially I took as being a representation of what Asuka was feeling, not reality...but when the audio commentary for the movie pointed out the blood pouring out of her eye socket...well, that changed my mind (and of course, it explains the Rei-like bandages she has at the end). So yeah, considering that she really did lose an eye, it's a small leap to believe that her arm really did split down the middle. And then...well, I think she died. What do you think Maya was trying to say when she was screaming "Asuka is...! Asuka is...!" It could be "Asuka is gravely injured," but I don't think that would cause Maya to lose it completely.

So yeah, it's left open...but I think not very open.

I think this depends on the Japanese understanding of "God" - and what that entails.... Which I don't know anything about - but we'd certainly have to know what the concept means to them to get a grasp of what Fuyutsuki was saying...

Pete

First off on the Japanese I'll have to listen again, does he say Kami or Kami-sama? cause there would be a big difference there. If you use Kami as a proper noun as in kami-sama it's usually being used in conjection with the Judeau-Christian perspective of God... but if we look at shinto-ism some kami are big and mighty (such as the Sun Goddess Amaterasu) but most are very local and specific in their tasks.

But Evangelion obviously takes it's symbolism from Judeau-Christian beliefs thus I would propose that God in this case would mean an all powerful diety... it's also consitent with what Fuyutsuki says, that the seed of wisdom and the seed of life had been combined. When the Serpent offered Eve the forbidden fruit it was with the promise that one would become like god... but without the fruit of the tree of life you were missing another aspect of God (also the whole power and holyness thing but thats another matter).

Pete

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

if you think about it the 3rd impact would be the rapture of Evangelion, the changing of all humanity (we see both the living and the dead) changed into LCL and brought into "paradise" if being within the Egg was the same as being in the garden returning to the egg would be the same as going to heaven no?

Since in Evangelion the AT field is what holds you together as a distinct and seperate identity... I would guess that possibly as you start to decompose your AT Field gives way untill you naturally become one with everything "ashes to ashes, dust to dust". So maybe only the recent dead can come back...

But since we see Misato and Fuyutsuki in instramentality I would argue that they both still existed as seperate egos.

Also a big difference between TV and Movie endings is that in the TV show Misato freaked about Shinji seeing her screwing Kaji but in the Movie she's like "yup that's me".

But Rei was shown with Misato just BEFORE the explosion, and just before she died.

I do think Misato and Ritsuko coming back would be something of a cheat, but I have to say that the movie seems to leave it open as a possibility.

I don't think it's really a cheat at all, since it's not shown. Really the story ends on that beach because everything has been accomplished... wether it's better to choose to shut out all the many opposing voices so no one can hurt you, or let them in so you can build relationships and maybe find love (even if it is an illusion) had already been decided. And Yui's choice to become immortal so that she could be a testiment to humanity's existance had been fullfiled. the story was over, we didn't need to see who came back and in what form.

Just like in Gunbuster, we didn't need to know what Noriko and Kazumi found waiting for them on the new Earth it was enough to know their sacrifice had kept Earth safe for at least 10, 000 years.

You...watched the movie BEFORE you watched the TV ending...? :blink:

That's unusual...

My good friend who is lending me the platinum series DVD set instructed me to do so. He is a huge NGE fan and he told me to stop the series at episode 24, then watch the movie and then watch episodes 25 and 26 after that. At first I just believed him and then I questioned it and was about to watch the TV ending but then I had "faith" that he was on to something and especially since it was mentioned here that end of evangelion is what "actually happened" and the the TV ending is what happens in Shinji's head, that it may be wise for me to watch end of evangelion first to get a grip on the plot.

Now of course the plot is almost unfathomable but I am glad that I watched it. I felt at points like I had ingested heavy doses of psychedelics and that I was mentally glimpsing the ineffiable truth of the universe and at other times felt like I was going to loose my lunch.

In the end, the "end of evangelion" I think is a masterpiece.

I probably wont get a chance to watch the TV ending until after the new year.

Now what is the deal with the second versions of episodes 22 - 26? Are they actually different than the normal ones or just commentary or what?

My good friend who is lending me the platinum series DVD set instructed me to do so. He is a huge NGE fan and he told me to stop the series at episode 24, then watch the movie and then watch episodes 25 and 26 after that. At first I just believed him and then I questioned it and was about to watch the TV ending but then I had "faith" that he was on to something and especially since it was mentioned here that end of evangelion is what "actually happened" and the the TV ending is what happens in Shinji's head, that it may be wise for me to watch end of evangelion first to get a grip on the plot.

Now of course the plot is almost unfathomable but I am glad that I watched it. I felt at points like I had ingested heavy doses of psychedelics and that I was mentally glimpsing the ineffiable truth of the universe and at other times felt like I was going to loose my lunch.

Hmmm...I wouldn't have watched it like that, but oh well. The last two TV episodes may seem pretty anticlimactic to you now. Just sayin'.

In the end, the "end of evangelion" I think is a masterpiece.

I probably wont get a chance to watch the TV ending until after the new year.

Now what is the deal with the second versions of episodes 22 - 26? Are they actually different than the normal ones or just commentary or what?

You raise a very complicated question that is very difficult to answer in a short-but-comprehensible way.

First, there was the TV series (26 episodes; 1995-1996). The series began to be released on LD and VHS, but they only got up to Volume 10 (up to episode 20) before taking a long hiatus.

Then they announced two movies (a double feature): "Death" and "Rebirth." Death would be a recap of the series; Rebirth would be a new version of episodes 25 and 26. However, when the time rolled around for the movies to debut (May 1997), Rebirth wasn't finished. So they released the first half-hour or so of Rebirth (up to the point where Seele releases the Eva Series) with Death.

A month or so later, the finished Rebirth was released, under the new title "The End of Evangelion."

Audiences, however, had found Death to be far too strange and puzzling, and not a satisfactory recap. So on January 1, 1998, a Japanese pay-per-view station showed "Death and Rebirth," with a newly edited version of Death entitled "Death (True)."

Early in 1998, Volume 11 of the LD/VHS release of the TV series came out. Both of the episodes on it (21 and 22) had been vastly reworked, using some animation that had been in the first version Death (but cut from "Death (True)"), and other new animation. Volume 12 (episodes 23 and 24) was similarly reworked.

In summer 1998, Volume 13 came out, featuring TV episode 25 (unchanged) and "Air" (the first half of "The End of Evangelion"). Air had a new Next Episode Preview attached to it, and a couple of very small changes from the theatrical version.

Later that summer, Volume 14 came out, featuring TV episode 26 and "My Pure Heart for You." There were also some small changes introduced into "My Pure Heart for You."

Also that summer, "Death" and "The End of Evangelion" were re-released in theaters as "Revival of Evangelion." "Death" was re-edited yet again for this, and the new version is called "Death (True²)."

That Christmas, they released an Eva movie box set, featuring "Death (True²) and Rebirth" and "The End of Evangelion."

For the Renewal of Evangelion DVDs (AKA the "Platinum Edition") they put the TV series (including both the Broadcast and reworked versions of episodes 21-24) with "Revival of Evangelion" (i.e. "Death (True²)" and "The End of Evangelion") together.

Do you have a headache yet...?

So simply put, there's the TV series, episodes 1-20. Then there are two versions each of episodes 21-24 (and yes, they are quite different). There's TV 25-26, and "The End of Evangelion," with is the theatrical version of episodes 25-26.

There are three different versions of the recap movie "Death," but only the third version is readily available. The first two have never been released (legally) on video.

The TV Volumes 13 and 14 LD/VHS version of "The End of Evangelion," with the slight changes, has never been released on DVD.

"Rebirth" is likewise not part of the Renewal/Platinum Edition.

There's lots of other minutiae, a lot of it involving what ADV and Manga released or didn't release, but that's the basic story.

Unfortunately, it seems to be continuing with the new Evangelion movies...The first one, released last year as "Evangelion 1.0: You are (not) alone" was slightly reworked for DVD release, now being titled Evangelion 1.01: You are (not) alone." I just pray we'll never see "1.02," "1.03," etc.

Thanks for the very detailed answer Gubabba. I am impressed. Reading that post is almost as confusing as the show itself. I am going to stick with it though and watch TV episodes 25-26 and then the second versions of 21-24. Or should I watch the second versions of 21-24 and then the TV versions of 25-26?

Pete

Whats to say that they didn't bring back every human who had ever lived to join in instrumentality? I think its entirely possible thats what happened. AND, I think that a lot of this has to be more up to individual interpretation. I think that the various Rei's were appearing over those dead people for a reason, not just 'having a look around'.

AND, Rei was also there in a similar way when Kaworu died in the TV series.

Taksraven

Thanks for the very detailed answer Gubabba. I am impressed. Reading that post is almost as confusing as the show itself. I am going to stick with it though and watch TV episodes 25-26 and then the second versions of 21-24. Or should I watch the second versions of 21-24 and then the TV versions of 25-26?

It doesn't really matter. The reworked eps. 21-24 do more to lay the groundwork for "The End of Evangelion" (easy for the creators to do, since the movie had already been made), but the plot hasn't been altered at all. There are also a few new red herrings thrown in.

Basically, a couple of flashback scenes have been added to episode 21; 22 has a lot of Asuka going nutzo; the Angel has been redesigned in episode 23; and there are few new scenes with Kaworu in episode 24. Most of the changes are purely cosmetic (for example, in the long, long elevator scene, Asuka stifles a sneeze, adding a few frames of motion into the otherwise static scene).

Anyway, after you watch all of that, be sure to download Evangelion 1.01. It's awesome.

It doesn't really matter. The reworked eps. 21-24 do more to lay the groundwork for "The End of Evangelion" (easy for the creators to do, since the movie had already been made), but the plot hasn't been altered at all. There are also a few new red herrings thrown in.

Basically, a couple of flashback scenes have been added to episode 21; 22 has a lot of Asuka going nutzo; the Angel has been redesigned in episode 23; and there are few new scenes with Kaworu in episode 24. Most of the changes are purely cosmetic (for example, in the long, long elevator scene, Asuka stifles a sneeze, adding a few frames of motion into the otherwise static scene).

Anyway, after you watch all of that, be sure to download Evangelion 1.01. It's awesome.

Thanks.

OK so where do I download Evangelion 1.01 and will it have subtitles or will I need to hire an interpreter?

Whats to say that they didn't bring back every human who had ever lived to join in instrumentality? I think its entirely possible thats what happened. AND, I think that a lot of this has to be more up to individual interpretation. I think that the various Rei's were appearing over those dead people for a reason, not just 'having a look around'.

AND, Rei was also there in a similar way when Kaworu died in the TV series.

Taksraven

I thought that was actually Rei... and not Grim Reaper Rei.

• 3 months later...

Didn't really know where to put this - but FEAST YOUR EYES (litterally):

35mgtxv.jpg

Now, I say they should serve Pinne Apple cake on that: that way - it leaves little doubt that the recieving party will die :)

Pete

Didn't really know where to put this - but FEAST YOUR EYES (litterally):

35mgtxv.jpg

Now, I say they should serve Pinne Apple cake on that: that way - it leaves little doubt that the recieving party will die :)

Pete

I love the fork. The knife should probably be an Eva progressive knife.

Taksraven

I am unsure as to whether the severed intenstins are anime accurate though - a tad bit more bubbly they should be methinks :)

Pete

Picky picky.

:p

Taksraven