Final Fantasy XI

Ishimaru

Do I like FFXI or I hate it and prefer Wow?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do I like FFXI or I hate it and prefer Wow?

• Final Fantasy XI
    • World of WarCrap

Yah I know everyone likes WoW WoW woopdiedo <_< . I just want to see what you guys think FFXI or WoW. WoW has been getting like so much attention its ticking me off that no one realizes thats a funamentaly easy game unlike FFXI, why damnit :angry: !

I feel like an awful player of FFXI playing a game that no magazine editorials, gaming sites, and etc don't care about :( . I just want to know what you guys think, I prefer FFXI over WoW since its a harder game in most ways, rewards are hard earning but awesome, you make alot of friends, gameplay never gets boring(Well maybe a few times :rolleyes: ) and more. What ya guys think, and why is WoW so damn popular...?

Guess it’s because you don’t need to spend a lot of time in it. If it was harder, like I hear FF is, casual players might be turned off. In WoW you can go mining for a while and have a nice catch, in FF your mining pick might break in the middle of nowhere. To some players this is part of the adventure, to many others, who are there to just gain EXP or make gold, it’s something that wastes time.

Also, it doesn’t excel in any specific aspect (like economy, jobs, gathering…) like other MMORPG, but keeps a nice balance between them all. If you want to PvP, it has it, if you want to explore, it has a big world, if you want to party quest, there are a lot of people, if you want to sell…

To some it up: WoW caters to a really wide market.

And all the backing by Blizzard doesn’t hurt (they have promoted the game A LOT).

Were I to play an MMORPG again it would be Dark and Light. It sounds like I game I would enjoy.

I feel like an awful player of FFXI playing a game that no magazine editorials, gaming sites, and etc don't care about :( .

Gods... if I only played what the media told me was fun, I'd have to throw 95% of my games out, and 100% of my favorites.

Quit being a consumer trend whore, play the games you like, and don't pay the media the slightest bit of attention.

Hype doesn't make a good game, and only shameless fanboys believe it does.

*looks at your avatar*

Oh.

I just hope that FFXI will last long, the good thing about it is its going to be the first MMORPG to hit next gen systems which Im happy about :) , all my friends at school play WoW I only know like 3 people in the entire school out of like 50 that play FFXI its shameful to be those 3 people :( but I stand proud of what I play. If your ever going to play this game devote some commitment to it at least or else your money is going down the drain.

I play FFXI, don't care about WoW in the least really....but heh, I was just finishing up some adventuring where I'm at on FFXI....came back into town and sold off like 600 gil worth of items I managed to pick up after killing monsters........not that bad of a day.

Still playing FF11 since that other thread was started a long time ago. Not high enough lvl for how long I've been playing it, but I still play it cuz its fun. WoW I haven't looked at, to me Warcraft is a overhead realtime wary sim not a rpg.

I spent 3 months leveling my black mage to lvl 40 something...3 frackin months! and how many of the quests had I done? well, not counting all the ones ppl ran me through, about 10...10 frackin quests! and how hard is it to find money? oh, I'm sure it's great at high levels when you have all your skills up...but you can bet your ass I was taking hand out left and right in that game.

I for one wish they didn't call that game FFXI. FF:damn waste of my time is more like it.

I will probably never touch another MMORPG that requires you to pay monthly...or requires you to party up just to fight a lvl 3 monster.

It's strange that you mention this, never once in my character's life (from level 1 to about 42, which is where I stopped) was I forced to ask for handouts. The areas around Bastok (BASTOK REPRESENT!!) were more than full enough for me to make ends meet. Anything beyond that I had no problem picking up on the way. Fighting with parties in the desert, I never once wanted for goblin gear or something to sell, and that was on top of the money we just made from fighting everything else. This was probably because I was part of a party that spent a lot of time fighting high-risk/big-payoff targets... more fun that way anyhow, too damn many people in that game are worried about dying and losing a few XP that could easily be re-earned if they'd quit their whining.

OO Hikaro you play too which server ya on, its been a bad week for me.

Edit* I wonder who picked World of Warcraft.

Hmmmmmmmm lemme see......yesterday I started playing around 10 AM, and on and off till around 6 PM........I was a LVL2 Redmage, and by the time I finished I was nearly up too LVL8, just short a few hit points and had a scary moment when a few Goblins started to crowd around me as I was beating up a Rivercrab. Luckly I ran away from them with only 8 HP left.

I'm on the Ragnorok server or however you wanna spell it, in Bastok.

Here's a few pics, one of them si when I had to wait for the Scroll shop in Bastok to open up so I could learn some Black Magic spells on my way into Adventuring.

And then afterwards as i got to the northern part of the city......I got distracted.......frakin catgirls.

post-600-1131989168_thumb.jpg

post-600-1131989190_thumb.jpg

Uncool to bash your poll with a jab at your other choice...especially since at the end of the day WoW will probably outscore FFXI any day. I know, I started a poll like this months ago and WoW won. Clicky

Not to bash SE or FF in any way shape or form, I am an avid fan of the series. However as some may think of Warcraft as just a rts and not a good mmorpg. Well the same goes for my opinion of FFXI, the FF series a single player rpg with a storyline and ending is what appeals most to me. An ongoing world may be fun for some but not me.

WoW offers a ton of content and yes relative ease to achieve goals...although having myself already 2 level 60 characters I can tell you the high end game stuff isn't so easy to come by, nor is it a "cakewalk".

A few have tried to get me to just try FFXI out but in all honesty I have a life and to waste more of it on another mmorpg would mean that yours truely will not be able to do things infinitely more entertaining. Like spending quality time with my fiance ;)

Edited by Zor Primus

I think FFXI does have a storyline....you just gotta go and do the right things in order to progress thru it.

When I completed my first mission there was some dialouge that caught me by surprise and got me curious. But Now I'm just leveling up my new job for my character so I can get better at things.

I gotta agree with Zor there. FF or any RPG I like to play for that matter has to have a start and finish...and within a reasonable amount of time. leveling up is great, I'm all for it, but when it takes 3 days to lvl 60-61 or something like that...I get turned way off. True there was a little story when i was playing, but not enough to keep me going for the amount of time I was putting in.

oh, and another thing I hate, is all those people camping NM's....tehn when you finally get a whack at it, it drops a 100gil item for you.

I gotta agree with Zor there.  FF or any RPG I like to play for that matter has to have a start and finish...and within a reasonable amount of time.  leveling up is great, I'm all for it, but when it takes 3 days to lvl 60-61 or something like that...I get turned way off.  True there was a little story when i was playing, but not enough to keep me going for the amount of time I was putting in.

oh, and another thing I hate, is all those people camping NM's....tehn when you finally get a whack at it, it drops a 100gil item for you.

344780[/snapback]

In FFXI You leveled from 1 to approx. 60 in three days? You, my man, are an RPG GOD. (played for over a year and only got into the 40s....)

I gotta agree with Zor there.  FF or any RPG I like to play for that matter has to have a start and finish...and within a reasonable amount of time.  leveling up is great, I'm all for it, but when it takes 3 days to lvl 60-61 or something like that...I get turned way off.  True there was a little story when i was playing, but not enough to keep me going for the amount of time I was putting in.

344780[/snapback]

In FFXI You leveled from 1 to approx. 60 in three days? You, my man, are an RPG GOD. (played for over a year and only got into the 40s....)

344808[/snapback]

What are you missing here? Let's see. He said level 60 to 61 (that's just one level) in 3 days.

I pick neither being anti MMO. I have a hard enough time keeping friends from being addicted to these games. Let alone a boyfriend who modified WoW so he run it on Linux.....

Told ya Dean...WoW is already in the lead.

As for my WoW chars, I have like 10 chars rolled on Argent, ranging from 60-16. My main which is a hunter I rolled in December and made it to 60 in September. My mage which I rolled in January got to 60 a couple of weeks ago. This is playing "casually" and jumping around from other chars that are in the 20's and 30's. I am not the type to grind grind grind...aside from questing I enjoy to rp allot.

Edited by Zor Primus

344780[/snapback]

344808[/snapback]

dood, if I could do that, I'd do that for all characters, and sell the account on ebay. my point was exactly what you stated...over a year to get into the 40's?? forget that! totally not worth it, no matter how many gimicks they try to throw in.

Yah I know everyone likes WoW WoW woopdiedo <_< . I just want to see what you guys think FFXI or WoW. WoW has been getting like so much attention its ticking me off that no one realizes thats a funamentaly easy game unlike FFXI, why damnit :angry: !

I feel like an awful player of FFXI playing a game that no magazine editorials, gaming sites, and etc don't care about :( . I just want to know what you guys think, I prefer FFXI over WoW since its a harder game in most ways, rewards are hard earning but awesome, you make alot of friends, gameplay never gets boring(Well maybe a few times :rolleyes: ) and more. What ya guys think, and why is WoW so damn popular...?

344448[/snapback]

I played FFXI for over a year, and then quit for WOW. Before that, I played Everquest from 2000 to the day FFXI came out in the US.

Let me tell you, of all these games, WOW has been the most fun leveling from 1-60, hands down. EQ was bad, but fun because of the parties. FFXI was the ABSOLUTE worst.

Compared to WOW and EQ, FFXI is a joke once you get past lvl 30. I took my White Mage to 70 and quit, because the idea of spend DAYS to get a level and getting NO new spells or abilities just did not tickle my fancy. Neither did spending HOURS LFG to get a party going, and then having to compete for camps.

FFXI is just garbage, period. The raiding is garbage. Spending all day waiting for a single giant turtle to spawn and then killing it before 5 other guilds who were also waiting int he same room all day, for ONE piece of loot, is, I'm sorry to say, moronic.

Lvls 1-30 were fun. You get a new spell or ability every few lvls, you get your sub-job and new jobs, lots of fun gear, etc. Cute characters and a few quests. Lots of fun. But once you get past 30, and more so as you pass 50, it's just sitting around doing the EXACT same thing over and over and over. Dumb dumb dumb.

WOW by contrast is FUN. Quests are fun. You complete a quest, and a goblin does a little dance and posions his friends. You get ITEMS for your efforts. When level, you get an ability point to spend on customizing your characters abilities. Every other level, you get new spells. Some are upgrades to old spells, others are completely new abilities, and this is true until lvl 60 (Contrast this to FFXI where you ONLY have spell-upgrades all the way from lvl 40 to 75, a span of XP that takes literally months to grind through).

In closing:

FFXI - Bullshit

WOW - Top notch.

Notion that "If everyone plays, it has to be bad" - Juvenile and stupid.

Oh, one more criticism of FFXI:

GIL GIL GIL

YOUR WHOLE DAMN LIFE IS ABOUT MAKING MONEY... IN YOUR VIRTUAL GAME!

I mean, WTF. A game should be fun. I don't want to logon and spend 9 hours farming garbage so I can buy 1 hours worth of arrows.

FFXI is pretty much the worst, most unbalanced, least interesting, flat out stupid game ever.

OH NO! I played a Dragoon! Guess I should kill myself, because no one will every part with me

( I played a Hume WHM/BLM, I always had parties. )

OH NO! I'm a Galka. Guess I have to pay an extra $1 a month for when I want to play as a Caster, because unless I spend 9 hours farming for each 1 hour I play, I won't be able to afford the ridiculous items I need to boost my MP.

OH NO! I have a life! Guess I can't play FFXI.

Someone defending FFXI? Oh boy, this one was too hard to miss.

FFXI is quite possibly the worst game ever to be released. I've made it to 75 4 times, on whm, smn, war and blm, over the course of 2 years, so don't give me the "but you didn't play it enough" BS excuse if anyone doesn't like my post.

FFXI had alot of potential, but bad management killed it. SE sucks at running that game in every concievable way. How can anyone say FFXI is good when you spend 90% of the time outside the game? I guess I'm the one only who was bothered by the constant DDoS attacks? By the 48 hour maintenences that fixed jackshit. Or how about the updates that didn't fix any problems just added more to the bunch and tried to hide the old ones.

Or how about the gilfarming that goes rampant in every single server? How their promises to deal with it have resulted in nothing. You don't even need to see a gilfarmer camping a NM endlessly to know they are bots. The GMs won't do anything about it, even when gilfarmers kill honest players trying to make money, get an item, or even xp.

How about how SE ends up killing jobs for the sake of balancing? They destroyed the ranger job as the top damage dealer. I used to static with a rng, and she would always outdamage me, but after the update, dragoons would outdmg her with ease, and this is someone with top gear (she even had an Ebow). Then they go and make ninjas pretty much useless for anything. Good ninjas have a hard time holding hate, bad ninjas aren't tanks at all. And all this for what? Because rngs were making pts with just rngs or filling all the spots in a normal xp party. How come blms can still have their mana burn pts? Why not just get rid of the dragoon job for being just plain useless?

FFXI's story is a joke. While Zilart had a mildly entertaining story with some fun battles, Chains of Promathia blew. The story might have been nice, but traveling through the capped zones was a hassle. I got Sea, and it wasn't worth the trouble, it was just another sky like area, and xp place for blms only.

Now, not only was xping absurd, SE made it particularly painful to level. How? Starting in the 40s, you have only 2 to 3 different place to xp at, which means crowded places to xp. Add that to the fact that you xp on the same exact mobs till level 75. remember those blue crabs? You will be fighting them for over 20 levels. The crawlers? 15 levels. Flies and Lizzies you despised in Valkurm? Yup, they will be there too. They didn't even bother adding new skins so the mobs would look different. There's no diversification at all in this game. They could've added some fun areas with the expansion, but they made it impossible to camp in them, and they capped them to boot... great. Their excuse for the bland mobs? PS2 can't handle it. Bullshit! I've seen PS2 games with far more diversity then FFXI.

Then there's the cheaters. People who use hacks, bots and buy gil, farting up the economy and farting you up at NM camps you waited hours to claim.

Add all this, to the bad community. I swear, FFXI is the meeting place for countless of low lives, no job, freaks. I was in a HNM LS, and those people were on 24/7, and they would yell at you if you had to go to work and would miss a scheduled HNM pop (those things popped once every 24 hours, in 4 1 hour windows). I had this one guy in my LS get kicked out of it because he rather spend time with his girlfriend then be online. And this other guy who passed on spending time with his girlfriend to be at a HNM camp. They camped that poo every farting day! And it wasn't just my LS, all other LSs did the same. If you had a long time friend join a LS other then yours, your friendship was pretty much dead. If he didn't act like an a-hole right away, his LS would force him to. FFXI end game was a complete waste of time.Also, I'm gonna go on a limb and say this.... Japanese players suck, they are a-holes for no reason, and they rarely have the skills to back it up. I swear, some of those people will literally commit suicide when SE decides to close all servers, mark my words.

SE is a lazy developer, and they ran the game to the ground, they are just lucky that idiots will still play the game no matter what gets thrown at them. What's next from SE? An expansion! With a new job... how about fixing the ones already in the game, you bum farts!

Only thing FFXI had going was the good looks. Everything looked great, even if they didn't look as good in motion.

Won't comment on WoW since I haven't played it at all.

Edited by Abombz!!

I WILL add on to what Abombz said about Japanese players. I don't think it's so much that they suck (well some of them do, but then, so do some american players), but they DO tend to treat US gamers as inferiors and as such, game with them as inferiors (I got dumped from 3 different parties the moment I tried to use anything other than the universal translator because they found out I wasn't a japanese player.)

That in itself was a bad move on Square's part. The Japanese players weren't happy to see the US ones and the US ones weren't happy to see the Japanese. Their party philosophies are different and as such, pretty much need their own servers.

Hey it's Abombz!

I have not seen you around in a while!

Anyway on topic, I personally play neither. I have neither the time, will or want to play an online game that lasts for more than ten minutes at a run. I lack the patience and free time needed to just throw myself into something like a MMORPG. I like single player, off-line RPGs sometimes when I have time to play them but a lot of them are just too "time intensive" for my tastes... if I want to babysit something I'd buy a second cat. :p

I voted WoW as I know several people in my office that play that game... I know none who play Final Fantasy.

I've heard how rude some of the Japanese players are to US players from a friend that used to play FFXI, guess what she plays now? hehe...

Abomz, I can't imagine having so many levels fighting the same ole same ole mob. WoW has creatures that look alike, however the zones are pretty much diverse in the sense that you aren't fighting carbon copies all over the place. Is there any PvP in FFXI? I know that for me PvP has never really been my forte or favorite part in a mmorpg but with WoW's system of Battlegrounds (instance zones for PvP) has really gotten me into pvping.

In WoW we dont have to worry about rude Japanese players...however the ire of many are the Chinese farmers that spend days sitting there camping areas of interest.

So for those who play WoW, where were you when you hit 60?

post-2668-1132154263_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry its been a while guys school, computer going down you know what I mean.

Thier is a PvP system but its called Ballista instead of PvP. I feel like a

real bad kid playing a game everyone says that is so bad, I feel like all the money and time I had to earn and waste was pointless now...Everyone I know plays WoW except for like 2 people but they act like total jerks I feel like such an outcast....what to do?

Again... GET OVER YOURSELF.

Again... QUIT JUDGING YOUR WORTH BY WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO.

Again... JUST PLAY WHAT YOU LIKE.

You do realize these same people don't post here. I bet the fact that you're using a message board that no one eelse you know does just tears you up inside...

Yeah ya got a point JBO, I realy do enjoy the game but at times its frustrating sturggling to get through everything but the rewards are nice. Im just wandering did ya guys read a articel about chinese parents going to a internet cafe in Honk Kong and they said they would stay for an hour but instead stayed for 4, when they arrived they realized they forgot about thier infant and it sufficated while they were gone they were arrested for child neglection. I was suprised when I read other articles that someone bought a online virtual domain island for 25k us dollars, thats just wrong..and some other dude playing for 50 days straight and his last words were "Just let me get through this part" then a few seconds later he died of heart failure. Sorry I went off topic but I couldnt help it hehehe..