Square loves it's pain in the butt bosses

Druna Skass

OK I've died about 20 times against Luther, and he always get's me with his Insanity Prelude. Fayte (HP around 8000), Cliff(HP around 10000), and Albel (HP around 10000) are my strongest guys. If anyone's laid the smack down on this guy, I'm open to suggestions.

My main strategy consists of using Albel's Aura Wall to stun Luther. For the most part it works until he starts doing Insanity Prelude.

I haven't beat SO3 yet.

But I DO need to point out that it's a tri-Ace game.

Square has nothing to do with it. Nor Enix(a more logical assumption as they are tri-Ace's traditional publishher).

The currently-existing SquareEnix(as neither Square nor Enix exist anymore) is involved solely as publisher.

But yes, tri-Ace loves their hard bosses.

There were a couple of points where SO2 kicked my ass. Repeatedly. With steel-toed boots.

Valkyrie Profile wasn't a lot nicer.

I love tri-Ace.

I haven't beat SO3 yet.

Square has nothing to do with it. Nor Enix(a more logical assumption as they are tri-Ace's traditional publishher).

The currently-existing SquareEnix(as neither Square nor Enix exist anymore) is involved solely as publisher.

There were a couple of points where SO2 kicked my ass. Repeatedly. With steel-toed boots.

I love tri-Ace.

343656[/snapback]

Yeah I too love the difficultly of tri-Aces games. Still haven't beaten SO2 yet, since I keep tripping the damned games difficulty level every game.

Druna Skass, you need about 15-25000 hp on your characters before you can deal with Luther and probably a different group set-up if your using Abel(quick but lacks strength). A good guide to your strength is going though the final level without getting killed and without taking short-cuts or avoiding enemies.

I personally used the classic party set-up to beat him (Fighter, Multi-purpose character, mage/healer). Fayt, Cliff and Nel were my chacters with Fayt dealing the heavy damage(Dimension Door) from close to immediate ranges, Cliff giving close-up pressure and stunning at immediate ranges(Fists of Fury/Acrobat Locus/Hammer of Might), and finally Nel proving all-purpose support and damage via Whirlwind/Lighting Chain/Flying Guillotine

It's also a smart bet to add those various immunity to damage(hp/mp) and immunity to status items to swords, armor, and items.

Just what till you crack open that 'hidden' dungeon! YEAH BABY! YEAH! :lol::D

I haven't beat SO3 yet.

I love tri-Ace.

343656[/snapback]

Yeah I too love the difficultly of tri-Aces games. Still haven't beaten SO2 yet, since I keep tripping the damned games difficulty level every game.

Indalecio forced me to run through the Cave of Trials.

I was gonna just blitz him and be done with it, but after he mopped the floor with me a few times, I figured some level building may be in order.

And as I HATE just running in circles hunting enemies, I went to the only place left on the map where I could engage in something productive while I got pumped up.

I haven't beat SO3 yet.

I love tri-Ace.

343656[/snapback]

Druna Skass, you need about 15-25000 hp on your characters before you can deal with Luther and probably a different group set-up if your using Abel(quick but lacks strength). A good guide to your strength is going though the final level without getting killed and without taking short-cuts or avoiding enemies.

I personally used the classic party set-up to beat him (Fighter, Multi-purpose character, mage/healer). Fayt, Cliff and Nel were my chacters with Fayt dealing the heavy damage(Dimension Door) from close to immediate ranges, Cliff giving close-up pressure and stunning at immediate ranges(Fists of Fury/Acrobat Locus/Hammer of Might), and finally Nel proving all-purpose support and damage via Whirlwind/Lighting Chain/Flying Guillotine

It's also a smart bet to add those various immunity to damage(hp/mp) and immunity to status items to swords, armor, and items.

Just what till you crack open that 'hidden' dungeon! YEAH BABY! YEAH! :lol::D

343693[/snapback]

Damnit, I guess that's what I get for being in a hurry to beat the game. I guess I'm spending a few hours in the Mosel Ruins.

Damnit, I guess that's what I get for being in a hurry to beat the game. I guess I'm spending a few hours in the Mosel Ruins.

Naw just remove 1 or 2 characters from your party and play around in a kinda safe but high EXP area. The area around the one gate where their are Destroyers & Seraphim is a good place for awhile. But it's deadly when you get past a certain point in the game(50k Destroyers become 100k+ and the Seraphim become VERY strong).

I stayed there until I could take a single character across the level with easy. Should only take about an hour per character and don't forget to keep those multipler items on!

But before doing that start finding the stronger items and making some of the better weapon/armor combos. Heck you can set-up some seriously cool weapon/armor add-ons with some time and alot of money.

JB0,

Yeah I started just to set items that attracked monsters to make it easier leveling up. In the end though I just spent more time in the fighting arena. Stopped playing at level 230 though because the end guy always broke the items that kept me alive. <_<

JB0,

Yeah I started just to set items that attracked monsters to make it easier leveling up. In the end though I just spent more time in the fighting arena. Stopped playing at level 230 though because the end guy always broke the items that kept me alive.  <_<

I sank a good bit of time in the arena.

Forget what I cleared endurance mode with, but I DID do it.

Pr'ly Dias, since him and Rena were like 2x my closest character's XP and Rena's not well-suited to endurance-mode arena.

Highest XP level was 180s, I think. Grotesquely overpowered weapons and armor help.

I cleared several fights solely with star guard relatives. :)