Gundam helmets

treatment

As far as I know these Gundam helmets are modified usable helmets; they are mostly detailed by the paint and not the structure. The Macross one are molded that way so the structure is unique, most likely unbalanced and are not crash tested or Snell/DOT certified...

Did I get that right mommy??

sort of. The Macross helmet by Yamato is just a cosplay helmet. it is not designed for safety at all. It is like a big chunk of resin on your head. While the Gundam helmets are actually designed for moped/scooter use. i dont think they are rated for motorcycle. Also the gundam helmets do not exist in the series. They are just artist interpretation on an existing product while the Macross helmets are replicas of the anime flight helmet.

Macross helmets are cooler, hands down.

Well, in a fanboy anime geek-ish, otaku kind of cool way...

Yeah, I'd rock one o' them Macross helmets if I could get my hands on one....so what? :angry:

Yeah, right! Like anybody on this board wouldn't go "zooming" and "swishing" around their house/apartment/flat/etc, helmet donned and 1/48 VF-1 in hand, if they had one in their possession? You know you would!

Edited by reddsun1

Yeah, right! Like anybody on this board wouldn't go "zooming" and "swishing" around their house/apartment/flat/etc, helmet donned and 1/48 VF-1 in hand, if they had one in their possession? You know you would!

337663[/snapback]

:unsure: No I wouldn't...that's my story and I'm sticking by it! :ph34r::p

Edited by mechaninac

Yeah, I'd rock one o' them Macross helmets if I could get my hands on one....so what?  :angry:

Yeah, right!  Like anybody on this board wouldn't go "zooming" and "swishing" around their house/apartment/flat/etc, helmet donned and 1/48 VF-1 in hand, if they had one in their possession?  You know you would!

337663[/snapback]

yeah I would. but I dont, not even with my custom helmet. but from my experience with the real Yamato Helmet it doesnt really sit well. its front heavy and i dont remember there being a chin strap.

macross helmets is much cooler then the gundam one..

oh I think their are some Macross helmet mods done with normal motocycle helmets.

here's is a pic of them. the red one looks pretty good to me.. and you will be able to wear these feeling safe and cool at the same time.

post-1296-1129680665_thumb.jpg

Edited by F360°

Yeah, I'd rock one o' them Macross helmets if I could get my hands on one....so what?  :angry:

Yeah, right!  Like anybody on this board wouldn't go "zooming" and "swishing" around their house/apartment/flat/etc, helmet donned and 1/48 VF-1 in hand, if they had one in their possession?  You know you would!

337663[/snapback]

yeah I would. but I dont, not even with my custom helmet. but from my experience with the real Yamato Helmet it doesnt really sit well. its front heavy and i dont remember there being a chin strap.

337686[/snapback]

Jeez, I swear, we Americans are a hard to please bunch. Nick, you expected a chin strap?. WTF, the helmet ONLY cost 1200 bucks, and for that you want a chin strap? Some people man..... :rolleyes::lol:

char helmet is pretty sweet... but the rx-78 one is just a garish mess.

338060[/snapback]

True, but would anyone actually wear something like that in public? I suppose it wouldn't be that bad if you had a bike that was close to the color of the helmet. I still think it would look silly though. Not as silly as someone would look wearing a DYRL? style Macross helmet, but silly nonetheless. I still wish I could find one of the Yamato Macross helmets for display though.

char helmet is pretty sweet... but the rx-78 one is just a garish mess.

338060[/snapback]

True, but would anyone actually wear something like that in public? I suppose it wouldn't be that bad if you had a bike that was close to the color of the helmet. I still think it would look silly though. Not as silly as someone would look wearing a DYRL? style Macross helmet, but silly nonetheless. I still wish I could find one of the Yamato Macross helmets for display though.

338105[/snapback]

Those Gundam helmets really aren't any worse than typical sports bike gear, which by and large is defined by flashy graphics and bright colors.

macross helmets is much cooler then the gundam one..

oh I think their are some Macross helmet mods done with normal motocycle helmets.

here's is a pic of them. the red one looks pretty good to me.. and you will be able to wear these feeling safe and cool at the same time.

337743[/snapback]

any more info on this? i would soooo rock this at the local auto-x :D

• 4 months later...

Sorry to drag up an incredibly old thread topic. Did anyone know who did the custom job on the red motorcycle helmet? What do the captions on the photo say? It's a dang good looking custom job, and seems a pretty good alternative to the $1K+ for a Yamato resin helmet. The base helmet seems most likely an RJ-Air open face helmet?

post-1488-1141534055_thumb.jpg

• 8 years later...