1/55's revisited

kanata67

2 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Please move this to the for sale thread. I would like to keep this to theĀ corresponding subject matter.

Thanks.

I have a better idea. The project is now dead. I don't need this garbage.

18 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Your choice.

Thank for sticking to the subject.

It is much appreciated.

Hey man, I'm all about keeping threads on topic (just look at my comments from time to time on 1/48 DX thread). Nothing drives me more crazy than that. But to be fair, and since you're not a moderator, what Sqidd inquired about was very on topic - no more off topic than you and others reminiscing on the custom parts for 1/55 done by several members in the past (and many who are no longer active).

I'm sure he would create a new thread if it ever materialized. And a couple people have already showed interest in furthering convo here. Anyway, I'm not being confrontational about it, but voicing an opinion.

If you want to keep things strictly on topic (which I'm all for,) I'd ask that you and others move the reminiscing of custom parts from the past to its own thread as well and keep legit releases and recognized KOs to the topic here. Just giving perspective because we have a good community here and I happen to be a big fan of reading your input as well as Sqidds. :good: :friends:

11 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Hey man, I'm all about keeping threads on topic (just look at my comments from time to time on 1/48 DX thread). Nothing drives me more crazy than that. But to be fair, and since you're not a moderator, what Sqidd inquired about was very on topic - no more off topic than you and others reminiscing on the custom parts for 1/55 done by several members in the past (and many who are no longer active).

I'm sure he would create a new thread if it ever materialized. And a couple people have already showed interest in furthering convo here. Anyway, I'm not being confrontational about it, but voicing an opinion.

If you want to keep things strictly on topic (which I'm all for,) I'd ask that you and others move the reminiscing of custom parts from the past to its own thread as well and keep legit releases and recognized KOs to the topic here. Just giving perspective because we have a good community here and I happen to be a big fan of reading your input as well as Sqidds. :good: :friends:

Great points and I agree...except the part about taking all the conversation to another thread that is not in this Toy section. Again, some people never look in those other sections and they are interested in Toys, which is what all of this is about. Anything that has to do with the love for or "revisiting" the 1/55 should start HERE at this point and then if it needs to move into another thread or its own, then it can. That is how a "discussion" forum should work IMO.

Anyways, it's unfortunate that someone who wanted to share something based on their love for these 1/55s had to be discouraged and whatever the case, let's get back to enjoying these wonderful 1/55s however we like.

26 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Great points and I agree...except the part about taking all the conversation to another thread that is not in this Toy section. Again, some people never look in those other sections and they are interested in Toys, which is what all of this is about. Anything that has to do with the love for or "revisiting" the 1/55 should start HERE at this point and then if it needs to move into another thread or its own, then it can. That is how a "discussion" forum should work IMO.

Anyways, it's unfortunate that someone who wanted to share something based on their love for these 1/55s had to be discouraged and whatever the case, let's get back to enjoying these wonderful 1/55s however we like.

Totally agree! I was just making a point (hopefully in a respectful way) of how if you're going to apply logic to one idea, you can't just single it out. You have to apply it to all similar things. And that is quite extreme when we just had a barrage of comments on something sooo similar in the last page.

So yeah. I'm with ya brotha! I guess it's a bit misleading when I say I'm all for keeping the topic strict. What I should say is that whatever the Mods want to do is fine by me. HA.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

4 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I appreciate your feedback and donā€™t take your comments as confrontational. Weā€™re all good.

This thread is about the ā€œ1/55 Revisitedā€ a somewhat official and unofficial history of the mold and what transpired from it. The reason for reminiscing on the pioneers and their championing was to further develop what transpired from the original Takatoku through out history from official through KO manufacturing and how the bridge kept the mold alive through the ā€œdry spell.ā€ This was a time when there were really no options to acquire an official mold without breaking the bank and so your recourse was to either acquire an expensive KO and customize it usingĀ various talented artists found here and elsewhere.

Believe it or not, at one point a MIB Takatoku could run as high as 3K. A JetfireĀ could Run from dirt cheap to 1K. And those who wanted options sought out alternatives and thatā€™s part of the history of the ā€œ1/55 Revisited.ā€

I for one promote and support those who want to continue and support the mold. At one point I recasted many of the original molds and sold a few here when it was acceptable. I even recasted a VE-1 ElintSeeker Kit in Task3 which isĀ very laborious and time consuming material. And wasĀ providedĀ in color and natural. Those who have these kits can attest to their longevity and quality. It was done as a bridge and was never done to derail threads.Ā 

As previously recommended, new ā€œfor saleā€ threads can be started. But there are other options to create interest as well...

StartingĀ yourĀ own WIP progress thread and develop a following of your work could promote your work and provideĀ interested parties your a view to your talent, capability, andĀ intent as you take them through your process. If you then see there is plenty of interest, then you canĀ start a ā€œfor saleā€ thread.

I am in no ways a mod, and do respect the work involved behind the responsibility. But I also respect others threads and try to maintain the course of the topic as that is the point of the thread. Does it deviate from time to time sure, but it is typically done without intent and then is brought back. This occurs by the actions of mid and yes many times from those who are interested in thread.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ā 

12 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I appreciate your feedback and donā€™t take your comments as confrontational. Weā€™re all good.

This thread is about the ā€œ1/55 Revisitedā€ a somewhat official and unofficial history of the mold and what transpired from it. The reason for reminiscing on the pioneers and their championing was to further develop what transpired from the original Takatoku through out history from official through KO manufacturing and how the bridge kept the mold alive through the ā€œdry spell.ā€ This was a time when there were really no options to acquire an official mold without breaking the bank and so your recourse was to either acquire an expensive KO and customize it usingĀ various talented artists found here and elsewhere.

Believe it or not, at one point a MIB Takatoku could run as high as 3K. A JetfireĀ could Run from dirt cheap to 1K. And those who wanted options sought out alternatives and thatā€™s part of the history of the ā€œ1/55 Revisited.ā€

I for one promote and support those who want to continue and support the mold. At one point I recasted many of the original molds and sold a few here when it was acceptable. I even recasted a VE-1 ElintSeeker Kit in Task3 which isĀ very laborious and time consuming material. And wasĀ providedĀ in color and natural. Those who have these kits can attest to their longevity and quality. It was done as a bridge and was never done to derail threads.Ā 

As previously recommended, new ā€œfor saleā€ threads can be started. But there are other options to create interest as well...

StartingĀ yourĀ own WIP progress thread and develop a following of your work could promote your work and provideĀ interested parties your a view to your talent, capability, andĀ intent as you take them through your process. If you then see there is plenty of interest, then you canĀ start a ā€œfor saleā€ thread.

I am in no ways a mod, and do respect the work involved behind the responsibility. But I also respect others threads and try to maintain the course of the topic as that is the point of the thread. Does it deviate from time to time sure, but it is typically done without intent and then is brought back. This occurs by the actions of mid and yes many times from those who are interested in thread.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ā 

Word. Thanks for taking the time to expound! I certainly appreciate the history and your involvement in it. :)

Yeah, all good! All I was saying is that I don't think it hurt and I endorse the initial post about any new 1/55 development here. Anything beyond can absolutely be taken to a new thread but again, pointless if no one sees that other thread without generating interest here first.

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, all good! All I was saying is that I don't think it hurt and I endorse the initial post about any new 1/55 development here. Anything beyond can absolutely be taken to a new thread but again, pointless if no one sees that other thread without generating interest here first.

Thanks.

But most interest generating sales has been done through posting interest in a respective thread. It really would be best to post WIP dedicated discussion and see where and how far to the point of sales.

I think we have had enough discussion about this, or at least I have.

I have plenty more to share and looking to encourageĀ anyone who wants to share more finds to please do so.

Iā€™ll see if I can work a timeline to better represent the history. Or at least try.

I'm beyond done and want to move on. Coming from someone who has no stake either way, I think it is discouraging for people who are enthusiastic about doing something for the community to be basically asked to leave before given any time to even gauge some interest. Sure, it could have been done a different way where the thread was made first with a link to it but that's not how natural discussions usually progress and that's not how I would have thought to do it if it were my idea.

OK done.

Again, I hope to have some more visual guides expressing my love for the 1/55 soon.Ā 

4 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

So. Which one of you awesome customizers are gonna create a 1/55 VF-1A version like this?

A7B7C886-1185-4CF9-8DF3-B2DACC017B23.thumb.jpeg.ae8447a4c7761ed73b9bd5518081d188.jpeg

Inquiring minds want to know.

Honestly, these should have been released in 1/55. While these are not for everyone, I can definitely say I would have surely bought them. Macross 7 had a lot of interesting varieties aside from the VF-1.

I have a victims slated for these schemesĀ Ā just not in this scale.

26 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Honestly, these should have been released in 1/55. While these are not for everyone, I can definitely say I would have surely bought them. Macross 7 had a lot of interesting varieties aside from the VF-1.

I have a victims slated for these schemesĀ Ā just not in this scale.

Yeah.

Some 1/55 hk/tw ko/bootlegs blister-packs prolly already did them or something close. They occassionaly shows up as some ebay-listing or local chinatown shops stuff.

They're not even the classic Joons of sokor.

Iirc, we used to have some old 1/55 deco thread here at MWF.

There also used to be a few other blog(s) that used to document these hk/tw 1/55 ko/bootlegs deco variants, but i can only find this one still up or something:

http://dennis-toys.blogspot.com/2009/01/replica-155-vf-1s.html

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by treatment

31 minutes ago, treatment said:

Yeah.

Some 1/55 hk/tw ko/bootlegs blister-packs prolly already did them or something close. They occassionaly shows up as some ebay-listing or local chinatown shops stuff.

There also used to be a few other blog(s) that used to document these hk/tw 1/55 ko/bootlegs deco variants, but i can only find this one still up or something:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Nice. He has some great carded gigs.

Hereā€™s a couple of other sites that could have more...

Lots to see here from 1/55 and beyond.Ā https://www.giocattolivecchi.com/Forum_detail.aspx?t=0&id_d=407954&p=1
Ā 

Also this fine gem Of a site has some very unique 1/55.Ā http://www.robotechcollections.fr/collection_autres.php
Ā 

Enjoy!

Ā 

12 hours ago, treatment said:

Yeah.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

All I have is WOW! For This one, just WOW!! I kinda want one for my Focker army!

1621327124_MacrossVF-1SBootleg2.thumb.JPG.5f78a015f119abfb9b0a84ed8b51f490.JPG

754123179_MacrossVF-1SBootleg3.thumb.JPG.00427f848b5ae2cea13fb8366ac548f0.JPG

Ā 

I've got one of these still in the blister pack and one out.

Ā 

Macross VF-1S Bootleg 1.JPG

Edited by sqidd

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Ā 

Ā 

All I have is WOW! For This one, just WOW!! I kinda want one for my Focker army!

1621327124_MacrossVF-1SBootleg2.thumb.JPG.5f78a015f119abfb9b0a84ed8b51f490.JPG

754123179_MacrossVF-1SBootleg3.thumb.JPG.00427f848b5ae2cea13fb8366ac548f0.JPG

There are also two other versions of this. One has orange fast parts and the other has silver fast parts. The Valkyrie remains the same color for all three.

Let's talk ordinance? Who's loaded out a ChunkyĀ and how?

I held a Arcadia 1/60 Reaction Missile(s) to one and it looked pretty good (aside from them being bright white). I've seen mention of re-purposing Hasagawa (sp) ordinance in the past. Seems like a less expensive way to get ordinance???? Especially if it needs to be painted to match a grey Chunky.

I've seen someone on the board put ordinance on a VF-4 HMR by gluing little "donuts" to the under side of the wings.Ā 

What's the consensus here?

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

Let's talk ordinance? Who's loaded out a ChunkyĀ and how?

I held a Arcadia 1/60 Reaction Missile(s) to one and it looked pretty good (aside from them being bright white). I've seen mention of re-purposing Hasagawa (sp) ordinance in the past. Seems like a less expensive way to get ordinance???? Especially if it needs to be painted to match a grey Chunky.

I've seen someone on the board put ordinance on a VF-4 HMR by gluing little "donuts" to the under side of the wings.Ā 

What's the consensus here?

Only ordinance worthy is the clip on missiles that some came with. Another accessoryĀ I donā€™t remember much about but I think that same Hikaru Strike cameĀ with them?

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Only ordinance worthy is the clip on missiles that some came with. Another accessoryĀ I donā€™t remember much about but I think that same Hikaru Strike cameĀ with them?

I'm talking about custom stuff.;)

27 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's too bad I don't have a absolutely MINT one for sale.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1.1.thumb.JPG.83eec759eac8447643e6627920b93423.JPG

1.2.thumb.JPG.b6d1cd3c56e0704fa59eb52836760dbb.JPG

1.3.thumb.JPG.35b8f2a40e03bc82ad5273569f7e001a.JPG

1.4.thumb.JPG.f888ebc24a8821b2ce253b2171b54994.JPG

1.5.thumb.JPG.8c8858aa1988d6f7bc4f87001d9fb2f1.JPG

1.6.thumb.JPG.66c2a513e85e2ea803784a30fc8d3465.JPG

1.7.thumb.JPG.c46bd03968b613fa7f3f73a2b4278eb8.JPG

1.8.thumb.JPG.113397bedaf078dffb9d7554232aa5ca.JPG

1.9.thumb.JPG.88b530bc7fbc2591ec61bcdb45dd1e2e.JPG

2.1.thumb.JPG.2fd32888b40ab5a6af40fa1b856ab0e3.JPG

2.2.thumb.JPG.f3c52ce7a2701fe0582e919105b863c9.JPG

2.3.thumb.JPG.6ef7da9503771624b6d8ea35e0d537cf.JPG

2.4.thumb.JPG.a0bd3471314d93e257458f2463612054.JPG

2.5.thumb.JPG.f7e4139d843434164afacf65a5d8fea9.JPG

2.6.thumb.JPG.bb8c991664a4e7b36e749c709cec9f38.JPG

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, that has to be the exact main set I have many fond memories of playing with as a kid. After I get another certain something shortly, that Strike Pack will be the only other item I would covet to feel complete. Yes, I know the hole goes deep but based on what I already have, I'd beĀ good to go at that point.

So I bought a Bandai VF-1S Hikaru so I could steal the SSP's and re-sell the figure. $325. It looked rough but I wanted the SSP's and figured I could get $150 for the figure (based on past sales). Turns out the figure was pretty trashed. The seller gave me $75 back. I was OK with that. I left positive feedback. Today I broke the SSP's out to put on a Takatoku "Roy" I picked up just for them. The clip/side of the Strike Cannon broke right off (they're brittle). The other booster broke the female "box" section when I pulled the tip of the booster off. Fixable, but I wasn't happy. Then I noticed that it has two right hand booster "tips". That pretty much just made the SSP's junk. My OCD won't let me run the Strike Cannon on the left and the booster tips look like garbage on the wrong side with the slot and fasteners showing.

I just messaged the seller. I'm not expecting anything.:(

To add insult to injury the Takatoku "Roy" that showed up today was way rougher than pics led me to believe. I ended up puling the forearms (so the 1984 SSP arm armors will fit) off and stealing the head to put on a headless re-issue I have. I guess on the upside I have enough parts to make a complete toy that are not in the greatest of shape (I have a JetFire head). Maybe I'll do a custom Low Vis Chunky. Good easy one-ish color practice for a noob like me.

IMG_7430.thumb.JPG.e53abad78c0821953970744c829ce3e2.JPG

IMG_7431.thumb.JPG.382b01eee7195f9f64850023a19ea071.JPG

IMG_7432.thumb.JPG.cb092513c2c5ea8812be412d518d96f1.JPG

Ā 

Edited by sqidd