Show off your coolest non-Macross toys & models

danth

Eh, not for the Gundam, no. That's a real 1/100 DX Musha Gundamcloth Command Gundam! 100% TOY from the mid 90s.  :-)

345871[/snapback]

Drifand, do you have any idea where one could find a command Gundam?

That thing is awesome but I can't find any kind of listing on HLJ, defunct or otherwise. :(

edit: All I could find on yahoo japan is 2 x boxed Knight Gundams, one for 23'000 and one for 5'000. Is it worth 5k yen?

Further edit: I found some more & cheaper to boot. The ZZ one looks like loads of fun but was misisng parts so I've asked celga to bid for a boxed and complete samurai armour MkII starting at 1'500yen.

I saw, Knight Gundam, MKII, Zeta and ZZ, couldn't find one of those command ones though. :(

347875[/snapback]

Well, these all-plastic DX toys were made in the 90s afterall, so they are indeed "R@RE!1" on eBay or anywhere else. The original line-up was the DX Mk-II and DX Zeta when Z-Gundam was showing on TV. DX ZZ was added soon after. Then in the early 90s (I think), the 3 toys were re-issued under the Musha Gundamcloth series, whereby the 3 toys were re-molded with notches on the bodies and limbs to accept some 'fantasy' samurai armor. The line was then expanded to include 2 new DX toys, the Knight Gundam (MS based on Mk-III), and the Command Gundam (an original design).

Of the lot, the Command was easily the most impressive and appealing to real-type MS enthusiasts, so it's no wonder it 'Commands' a pretty high price. I've seen it fetch 200~250+ USD in the past. It helps to see it in person to decide if it's worth it to you...

As for the Knight Gundam, don't be put off by the fantasy theme, because I think it's really cool to have the first/only toy of the Gundam Mk-III! Here's mine with SOME of the armor on...

Mk-III_01.jpg

Mk-III_02.jpg

Mk-III_03.jpg

FWIW, Noel (Blackaces) used to have a couple of sets of DX Mushas in his shop before he ceased operations in Singapore (AFAIK). Do try to contact him if you're ready to splurge... or maybe another member 'Save Robotech', who is currently in Japan and has offered his buying services to anyone here willing to take a chance.

DUDE!!! You have the rare Orguss II & the blue head Nikick!! KICKASS...every time I see one of the blue head Nikick's on ebay they always go for a LOT!

-RF

348220[/snapback]

Thanks! Glad to see another Orguss fan around here :-) I've had the original 1/40 Nikick and Orgroid since the 80s, and the rest were slowly added to the collection over the years, some by my brother through friends in Japan, some thru eBay (before it really became evilBay).

I find the designs for Orguss more interesting and refreshingly out-of-this-world than just about any other realistic mecha series. Best of all, the toys by Takatoku had a very balanced number of opposing mecha. In fact, the 'bad' Terrans had more walkers than the 'good' Emaan had flyers. I always wondered why TT never did the Zentraedi justice with DX'd toys.

Well, these all-plastic DX toys were made in the 90s afterall, so they are indeed "R@RE!1" on eBay or anywhere else. The original line-up was the DX Mk-II and DX Zeta when Z-Gundam was showing on TV. DX ZZ was added soon after. Then in the early 90s (I think), the 3 toys were re-issued under the Musha Gundamcloth series, whereby the 3 toys were re-molded with notches on the bodies and limbs to accept some 'fantasy' samurai armor. The line was then expanded to include 2 new DX toys, the Knight Gundam (MS based on Mk-III), and the Command Gundam (an original design).

Of the lot, the Command was easily the most impressive and appealing to real-type MS enthusiasts, so it's no wonder it 'Commands' a pretty high price. I've seen it fetch 200~250+ USD in the past. It helps to see it in person to decide if it's worth it to you...

As for the Knight Gundam, don't be put off by the fantasy theme, because I think it's really cool to have the first/only toy of the Gundam Mk-III! Here's mine with SOME of the armor on...

FWIW, Noel (Blackaces) used to have a couple of sets of DX Mushas in his shop before he ceased operations in Singapore (AFAIK). Do try to contact him if you're ready to splurge... or maybe another member 'Save Robotech', who is currently in Japan and has offered his buying services to anyone here willing to take a chance.

348212[/snapback]

Thanks a lot Drifand,

You say they're relatively rare but after messing around with the kanji I got from ZP in YHJ's search engine I mangaed to find a fair few up for auction at pretty good prices.

Ironically, the only one I couldn't find was the one that started it all off.

I'll see how I get on with the MKII I've put in for a bid on first but that Knight Gundam MKIII is pretty good looking as well, never even seen that design before.

I'm not put off by the fantasy theme, I think it's kind of cool of bandai to do something so silly with a brand that usually takes itself so seriously.

It's almost a shame that Bandai is so focused on accuracy with the mainstream Gundam goods. I'd be quite happy to see them do something like this again in the future but using the HCMP's as the base figures. B))

btw, Do you have the DX Musha ZZ?

I saw one for auction, the tray looked as though it was misisng a few bits but there was a seperate pic of some more parts.

If you've got one would you mind taking a look and seeing if you can tell whether it's all there?

I'll pm you the link if you will, I need to find it again first...

Edited by Fort Max

DUDE!!! You have the rare Orguss II & the blue head Nikick!! KICKASS...every time I see one of the blue head Nikick's on ebay they always go for a LOT!

-RF

348220[/snapback]

Thanks! Glad to see another Orguss fan around here :-) I've had the original 1/40 Nikick and Orgroid since the 80s, and the rest were slowly added to the collection over the years, some by my brother through friends in Japan, some thru eBay (before it really became evilBay).

I find the designs for Orguss more interesting and refreshingly out-of-this-world than just about any other realistic mecha series. Best of all, the toys by Takatoku had a very balanced number of opposing mecha. In fact, the 'bad' Terrans had more walkers than the 'good' Emaan had flyers. I always wondered why TT never did the Zentraedi justice with DX'd toys.

348318[/snapback]

Yeah..I LOVE the Orguss mechs and show (still haven't got around to picking it up on DVD though :(). I had a small plastic KO version of the Nikick when I was growning up that I got from my Grandparents and not knowing what it was (all I knew it had a cool robot & ship mode). It was YEARS until I happened to stumble upon what that little toy I had was and where it was from. Then, during Ebay's early years, I happened to get a TOTAL MIB Nikick. The toy and box looked brand-spankin new! Then I tried to track down the 'Blue Head' Nikick which is just ni-impossible to find and for a decent price.

-RF

The blue Nikick and the OlsonII are the most expensive and difficult to obtain items. Once in a blue moon you'll see one, but usually at no less than $275.00 to start.

I have the OlsonII, but would love to have a blue Nikick. :) Too bad there was never a Mass Production Type made in the same scale as these. They were only available in 1/60. Oh well, guess I'm just gonna have to make it myself. ;)

-RF

348220[/snapback]

348318[/snapback]

Yeah..I LOVE the Orguss mechs and show (still haven't got around to picking it up on DVD though :(). I had a small plastic KO version of the Nikick when I was growning up that I got from my Grandparents and not knowing what it was (all I knew it had a cool robot & ship mode). It was YEARS until I happened to stumble upon what that little toy I had was and where it was from. Then, during Ebay's early years, I happened to get a TOTAL MIB Nikick. The toy and box looked brand-spankin new! Then I tried to track down the 'Blue Head' Nikick which is just ni-impossible to find and for a decent price.

-RF

348397[/snapback]

I have 2 of the mass production 'Blue Head' Nikicks mint in box. They're cool ass toys. Only have one of the Orguss II Olsons.

The blue Nikick and the OlsonII are the most expensive and difficult to obtain items.  Once in a blue moon you'll see one, but usually at no less than $275.00 to start.

I have the OlsonII, but would love to have a blue Nikick. :)  Too bad there was never a Mass Production Type made in the same scale as these. They were only available in 1/60.  Oh well, guess I'm just gonna have to make it myself. ;)

348399[/snapback]

And the stink of it is, whenever I find a blue Nikick on Ebay, it stays at a cheap price for DAYS of the auction, and then just freakin skyrockets in price right at the end. Which I realize is just normal Ebay practices, but it always gets my hopes up lol

-RF

• 8 years later...

WOW, I forgot all about this. Thanks for digging the thread up.

That doesn't look like you at all. Too skinny and he has a sidecomb. He's supposed to barely fit in the package due to all the muscles and a big duffel bag filled with smashed-up participation trophies. :lol:

Still, that's pretty cool. I had no idea an actual Agent One toy existed. This is like Six Million Dollar Man and Caption Action and all that. Sweet.

Edited by Drad