Show off your coolest non-Macross toys & models

danth

I was checking out my newly-acquired Artmic Bible and damn there is some cool mecha in there. I especially like the stuff from Megazone and Gall Force, but I have never seen any kits for those shows for sale anywhere. So I thought, why not ask the guys on Macross World?

If you have pics of your non-Macross mecha, I'd love to see them. Toys, models, whatever. I'm dying to see what you got.

Gunbuster! Those look pretty sweet. I bet they are rare, since ebay & hlj both have nothing like those.

Gasaraki! I like those mechs (not surprising since the mecha designers worked on Mospeada, BGC, Patlabor, and Gundam collectively). Unfortunately I watched two eps of the show and couldn't take any more.

I will post some images as soon as I can get attachments to work! Is there a temporary problem at the moment or am I missing something extremely obvious? :huh:

Edit: Mods, please remove. Worked it out for myself - replace user and insert new brain! :p

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Orguss Forever!!!

Orguss01_300104.jpg

Super Real Robots!!!

01.jpg

336253[/snapback]

wow what an awesome exotic collection you got!

Aint that on the upper right corner one of those transformers that transforms into a jeep? It's pretty nice articulated.

Edited by Kin

A former high school pal of mine actually made a construction paper model of the Maddox, as there was never any model or toy built.

I think the model, which is years old now, still resides at Puzzle Zoo in Santa Monica, CA.

:)

That's the Madox 01 from Metal Skin Panic.

336377[/snapback]

Here is the only completed science fiction related model I have of a vehicle. Although it is not Japanese made, the series itself is still very popular in Japan. Five cookies to the person who can identify the ship and the show it is from. And no cheating!

01eagle.jpg

336409[/snapback]

Space 1999/Eagle, I used to have all the die-cast ships when I was a kid.

If it's only mecha I own the Yamato Transformable Escaflowne, Eva-03 Production model

(Kaiyodo action figure) and Bandai EVA-01 Test Type (Perfect Grade)

and :ph34r: a, a, a... ...robotech .....I-men VF1S (Please don't kill me, it was a gift) :(:(:(

the rest is PVC (trading)figures

1/7 Takase Mizuki Swimsuit Ver. 1 PVC (Kotobukiya - Comic Party)

1/12 Mahoro + Sportsbike PVC (Kotobukiya - Mahoromatic)

1/8 Minawa PVC (Yamato - Mahoromatic)

1/6 Kasumi C2 Repaint (Max Factory - Dead Or Alive))

1/5? 12" Pacifica Kasull (Bandai Came with DVD Ep 1-4 - Scrapped Princess)

n/s TsukiHime Trading Figs - 10 pcs (Yujin - Tsukihime)

n/s Lilith [ririsu] Complete (Yujin - Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito )

n/s Motoko Kusanagi White-Out ver. (Alpha - Ghost in the shell)

n/s Kaneda (McFarlane - Akira)

A former high school pal of mine actually made a construction paper model of the Maddox, as there was never any model or toy built.

I think the model, which is years old now, still resides at Puzzle Zoo in Santa Monica, CA.

:)

That's the Madox 01 from Metal Skin Panic.

336377[/snapback]

336384[/snapback]

They made a resin kit of the MADOX-01, I've seen it in the back of old Hobby Japans.

Super Real Robots!!!

What is that little MOSPEADA ride armor in front of the blue Legioss? I thought I owned all the ride armor toys but I can't put a finger on that one. Can you provide a closer pic of it??

336359[/snapback]

Hiya! THAT little dude is the Gakken 1/20 scale diecast Ride Armor. No articulation to speak of except in the arms, head and knees. Still nice for a display piece. According to the box art, there's 2 more in the series, I think, the other 'standard' suit and the Fuuke-type. Bought it in HK back in '02. Here's a closer shot next to the 1/20 scale 'Studio Nue original design' Powered Suits by Kaiyodo:

05.jpg

Edited by drifand

Super Real Robots!!!

01.jpg

336253[/snapback]

Aint that on the upper right corner one of those transformers that transforms into a jeep? It's pretty nice articulated.

336360[/snapback]

Thanks! That 'jeep' is the original 1/55 scale 'Kanzen Henkei' (Full Transformation) MUGEN CALIBUR by Takatoku Toys. The molds were sold/adapted by Takara/Hasbro to create the TF Roadbuster. Calibur's sister, the 1/55 Ovelon Gazette attack 'copter became the TF Whirl (both TFs lacking the pilot figures in the cockpits.) The 1/55 Dorvack toys are excellent Real Robot toys, although sacrificing articulation for sturdier transformation.

I loved the design so much I actually made a custom olive drab "grunt" version of the Calibur from a cheap Roadbuster I picked up. Someday, I'll do the same for the Gazette! :-)

Orguss Forever!!!

Orguss01_300104.jpg

Super Real Robots!!!

01.jpg

336253[/snapback]

336360[/snapback]

It's the Mugen Calibur from Dorvack and no, it's not very articulated and neither is the Transformers version "Roadbuster". Still, my favorite Transformer of 1985 and I actually prefer Roadbuster's color scheme.

Edited by ComicKaze

Damn, cool stuff drifand!  That's the type of old-school stuff I like: Mospeada, Orguss, Dorvack...did I see a Srungle in there?

Anyone have some Gall Force or Megazone stuff?

336404[/snapback]

Ah... SRUNGLE, the meaningless transforming mecha! Don't try the other modes! Don't do it! :D

post-75-1129277147_thumb.jpg

Damn, cool stuff drifand!  That's the type of old-school stuff I like: Mospeada, Orguss, Dorvack...did I see a Srungle in there?

336404[/snapback]

Ah... SRUNGLE, the meaningless transforming mecha! Don't try the other modes! Don't do it! :D

336567[/snapback]

Damn Drifand... I love your collection, but I think that's only because you buy every crap out there, according to that last thing... :lol:;)

Actually, I've slowed down a lot, toys-wise. Job realities and lack of space force me to be more selective. e.g. I gave up on the 1/12 Scopedog and DX Aquarion for various reasons. If a toy candidate doesn't meet my own, very personal criteria for details/quality/fun/value, it's out. Certainly helps to prevent accumulating stuff I wouldn't care about after the honeymoon is over. :-)

Here is the only completed science fiction related model I have of a vehicle. Although it is not Japanese made, the series itself is still very popular in Japan. Five cookies to the person who can identify the ship and the show it is from. And no cheating!

01eagle.jpg

336409[/snapback]

No need to cheat but Black Valkyrie got there ahead of me! This one probably isn't such a mystery for UK-based MWers as going by previous threads here we seem to have got a lot more of Gerry Anderson than the US. Incidentally, this year is the 40th anniversary of Thunderbirds.

F.A.B!

336404[/snapback]

336567[/snapback]

Damn Drifand... I love your collection, but I think that's only because you buy every crap out there, according to that last thing... :lol:;)

336576[/snapback]

So that’s how that series was called! I really liked that show; it had a very nice covert ops thing going on. I even liked the strange vehicles, specially the Srungle.

GO SRUNGLE!! :D

So that’s how that series was called! I really liked that show; it had a very nice covert ops thing going on. I even liked the strange vehicles, specially the Srungle.

GO SRUNGLE!! :D

336659[/snapback]

I think they showed it as Macron One in the US.

• 4 weeks later...

336359[/snapback]

Hiya! THAT little dude is the Gakken 1/20 scale diecast Ride Armor. No articulation to speak of except in the arms, head and knees. Still nice for a display piece. According to the box art, there's 2 more in the series, I think, the other 'standard' suit and the Fuuke-type. Bought it in HK back in '02. Here's a closer shot next to the 1/20 scale 'Studio Nue original design' Powered Suits by Kaiyodo:

05.jpg

336561[/snapback]

The figures on the right look an awful lot like the armor used in the short-lived OVA adaptation of "Starship Troopers"! I have a bootleg video of the 4 ST episodes produced way back, maybe picked up at Magnum Opus Con 3? Can't upload, no hardware or I'd post.

336359[/snapback]

343998[/snapback]

Unfortunately, as far as anyone knows, the Blowsuperior and Fuke type were never released. No one has ever seen one :)