Macross TV Dub

Pat Payne

I still can't get past how utterly whiny and shrill the Misa voice actress is. It just ruins the mood when she starts shrieking out lines in what should be more serious moments. Ugh. That's worse than the Bridge Bunnies to me.

I've tried doing a search about the subtitles that the ADV has and couldnt get results. I've been looking for an answer to my question:

Are the subtitles in the ADV version the same as the Animeigo? Thank you. :D

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already. I tried the "search", like I mentioned above.

I've tried doing a search about the subtitles that the ADV has and couldnt get results. I've been looking for an answer to my question:

Are the subtitles in the ADV version the same as the Animeigo? Thank you.  :D

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already. I tried the "search", like I mentioned above.

406980[/snapback]

Look back a page.

Hey thanks! I think I'm getting myself this ADV version.

Only one more question:

I find that the Animeigo subs are too fast for me to read, (or I read slow) Are the subs in the ADV version also like that? Fast?

Edited by Bub

you could pause every now and again to read the subs. or Watch it over and over and over and over .....memorize it. :p

just kidding actually I think reading subs and watching

the action take place isnt easy.

Wow, got here late. Did anyone see the Mari Lijima interview on Volume two of the new Macross dub? She speaks about a small Macross con she was invited to. The Con was held/sponsored by fans in Cali? This sounds like that Macross com you guys had like 2 years ago. She said she felt she did not please people in the con with her answers and that motivated her to re-watch the original macross series for the first time in ages. Then as a big coincidence she got called to do the voice over for the new series dub.

Isn't that crazy? You guys went to that small Macross Con, and motivated Mari to watch Macross again. Wow, she really is the real thing!

Edited by vlenhoff

Thank you all who were responsable for that concention. You guys gave the Macross bug to Mari herself!!!

Just watch the interview in Volume two of the new Macross Dub, and please let me know if I'm wrong. I do remember seen the pics of that small convention, and Mari was there! Just as she describes in the interview!

Wow, got here late. Did anyone see the Mari Lijima interview on Volume two of the new Macross dub? She speaks about a small Macross con she was invited to. The Con was held/sponsored by fans in Cali? This sounds like that Macross com you guys had like 2 years ago. She said she felt she did not please people in the con with her answers and that motivated her to re-watch the original macross series for the first time in ages. Then as a big coincidence she got called to do the voice over for the new series dub.

Isn't that crazy? You guys who went to that small Macross Con, and motivated Mari to watch Macross again. Wow, she really is the real thing!

408415[/snapback]

Yes. I talked about it a few pages back. :D

The extras are the main reason I'm getting these, and I want to support Mari.

The sound effects are killing me on this, I can't stand the GI Joe laser sound coming from the gunpod. What is really odd is it only happens sometimes, and other times they leave the original sound in - weird.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After watching volume 1 of ADVs version of Macross(Rightstuf had volume 1wbox for 9.99)...I can say that this dub is atrocious. I don't have problems with most dubs and never been a big fan of ADVs dubs but this is really bad. Muh-cross, Focker sometimes sounds like farter, Misa is just horrible etc. Actually I think some of the original voice work in Robotech is better than this. Mari has done ok a job.

The video seems identical to the Animeigo version. I thought I had read though that ADVs wasn't progressive like Animeigo's version. I did notice the Japanese audio doesn't sound as good as Animeigo's.

I personally love the new dub. To be perfectly honest, I do miss all the voice actors from Robotech, especially Misa/Lisa. EXCEPT - I am glad to have Mari Ijima as Minmay. It's nice having a Minmay who doesn't come off as a monumentally retarded bimbo-ditz.

I find that the VA for Misa gets better as the series goes on. I didn't like her in volume 1 either, but I recently went back and listened to volume 4 and she is much better. Hikaru's VA gets better as well in this volume. My biggest complaint is the sound effect changes that were made.

I like listening to the dub because I don't have to read the subtitles. I can only handle a certain amount of subtitle-anime-viewing before I really get sick of it. Sometimes, it's nice to just sit back and enjoy anime in your own language, without having to focus 100% of your concentration on the screen at all times. As long as the voice actors aren't in monotone or otherwise blatantly inept, then I'm content.

I find that the VA for Misa gets better as the series goes on. I didn't like her in volume 1 either, but I recently went back and listened to volume 4 and she is much better. Hikaru's VA gets better as well in this volume. My biggest complaint is the sound effect changes that were made.

I have to agree, whenever she's yelling at Hikaru she has just that right pitch/battyiness to her...Vic's doing a pretty good job being Hikaru.