1/100 Bandai VF-19S/F

Terrance Wong

I don't have it..nearly went for it though. Not sure about shape accuracy but you had to swap parts(nosecone) and the landings are removeable. It is a kit so painting is required.

I've owned about 4 of these kits, but just snap fit built them. I didn't paint them or anything.

You do not need to remove the nosecone. When transforming from battroid to fighter mode, the only parts you need to remove are the hands and the lower torso/hip section.

Also, the anding gear does not need to be removed for transformation as it folds inside the legs and nose.

Graham

These kits look good in Batloid mode, but really bad in Gerwalk or Fighter modes. They transform, but the results ain't pretty. Bandai should have been embarrassed to release these kits. The were substandard in the year they came out in.

If you going to lock it in Batloid mode, it will look pretty good.

Edited by VFX

I built the 1/100 Fire Valk when it first came out and was unimpressed with how it looked. I then decided to redo it by sacrificing the fighter mode by removing all the pegs and filling all the holes in the arms and legs that are used to keep the kit together in fighter mode. I also glued shut the landing gear doors and liberally added putty over the gaps around the landing gear doors and elbows. The Valk now looks much better in both battloid and gerwalk and am glad I made the changes - if you want fighter mode, get a Hasegawa.