The Message Boards

Mr March

ok found the font... that was quick...

large transparent

328125[/snapback]

What do you use to get such nice fonts/block lettering? It's a pain to do in Photoshop and I've been looking for a program that does it easily.

H

328174[/snapback]

ummm.. I used photoshop! :D

328180[/snapback]

:lol:

I like the mod to the main page logo. Is it too small to have the valk in there too?

And a quick test says it shows up in MSIE as well as Mozilla, but renders blue in IE.

I'm running IE and it's purple.... :blink:

327916[/snapback]

Same here. But I have a possible answer: Since links turn up blue and then when activated, purple in IE, I'm thinking this isn't so much a button as a hyperlink, a suspicion that was fulfilled when I rolled over it and found a HTTP address popup in my status bar. Also, once I posted this new message, all the boxes in the thread turned blue again.

BTW, I like the new background color.

Edited by Pat Payne

And a quick test says it shows up in MSIE as well as Mozilla, but renders blue in IE.

I'm running IE and it's purple.... :blink:

327916[/snapback]

Same here. What's the purpose of the box, anyway? I'm wondering...since links turn up blue and then when activated, purple, could the "quote" button actually be a hyperlink?

328258[/snapback]

Honestly? I think someone screwed up a CSS value in the templates for the skin. ;)

Nice one EXO, but don't you want to use my high res version of the Minmay logo that says Macross World 05?. The same one Paul C made for us for the DVD boxsets.

LMK if you want it.

EDIT - Also, should not the Minmay Skin be Test001?. Currently, it is the "default IPB skin" and when you switch back to Test001, you get the default skin.

Also, the now default "Minmay" skin looks like ass in Firefox.

Edited by Mechamaniac

As you can see I've been playing around with the skin controls this morning. I'm sure one day one Shawn recovers from hybernation sickness we can come up with some really fancy skin. Until then I liked to see a temp skin that's a little more Macross-like.

Right now aiming that temp skin to have an similiar appearance to the normal Macross World site. The new logo is one of several I test in the last hour. I like to see more logos. Maybe some that include images of Macross toys, model or characters images.

For today this is all I have time to do.

Nice one EXO, but don't you want to use my high res version of the Minmay logo that says Macross World 05?.  The same one Paul C made for us for the DVD boxsets.

LMK if you want it.

EDIT - Also, should not the Minmay Skin be Test001?.  Currently, it is the "default IPB skin"  and when you switch back to Test001, you get the default skin.

Also, the now default "Minmay" skin looks like ass in Firefox.

328262[/snapback]

can you send it to me? I kept it in PDF file just in case someone had it.

I figured I didn't need a high res cuz it's suppose to get shrunk down to the size of the forum logo anyway.... I didn't mean it for the main page...

Edited by >EXO<

As you can see I've been playing around with the skin controls this morning.  I'm sure one day one Shawn recovers from hybernation sickness we can come up with some really fancy skin.  Until then I liked to see a temp skin that's a little more Macross-like.

Right now aiming that temp skin to have an similiar appearance to the normal Macross World site.  The new logo is one of several I test in the last hour.  I like to see more logos.  Maybe some that include images of Macross toys, model or characters images.

For today this is all I have time to do.

328279[/snapback]

Did ya happen to see the one I put up? huh? did ya?

Prolly didn't work out well... :(

:D

Did ya happen to see the one I put up?  huh?  did ya?

Prolly didn't work out well...  :(

:D

328296[/snapback]

Yours is definitely better. I'm sure mine is just being used for simplicity for now. :)

H

Actually, EXO, now that I look, yours (like my first attempt) was larger than that top light-blue area and wouldn't render properly in both browsers (IE and FF). It would have had the same problems in IE as my larger non-transparent one. I suppose your large transparent one could be resized to fit within that top blue area, but that may have been too much work for now or may have become too small to be legible. :(

Regarding how you make such cool metallic block lettering in PS. How the heck do you do that? I've tried several ways, but they are all arduous and annoying and never look that good! What's your procedure?

H

Actually, EXO, now that I look, yours (like my first attempt) was larger than that top light-blue area and wouldn't render properly in both browsers (IE and FF).  It would have had the same problems in IE as my larger non-transparent one.  I suppose your large transparent one could be resized to fit within that top blue area, but that may have been too much work for now or may have become too small to be legible.  :(

Regarding how you make such cool metallic block lettering in PS.  How the heck do you do that?  I've tried several ways, but they are all arduous and annoying and never look that good!  What's your procedure?

H

328299[/snapback]

Type... rasterize... use Eye Candy Chrome Filter... :D

I guessed as much about the size of the logo... lets try again.

ok.... hopefully this one is sized right heightwise.

is there a way to rotate logos? I can change the character on the logo so that eveytime you refresh it's a diffrerent person or pic.

the second pic is how it should look

post-151-1126725958_thumb.gif

post-151-1126726048_thumb.jpg

Edited by >EXO<

Type... rasterize... use Eye Candy Chrome Filter...  :D

Ah! "Eye Candy." I have always wondered what filter all these cool logos come from. You wouldn't believe what I've done to try to get metallic looks in my work. . . I've created custom gradients, etc. . . and they never look quite right.

Thanks for the tip. I finally know which filter to use. I hadn't looked for a while, but a few years ago, I looked for a filter and came up empty.

Your new logo (just posted) looks awesome.

H

Problem:

The Default skin can no longer be chosen below with the skin selector. The "Default Skin" is the new one with the changed background and the new logo. Yet, once you change from the "Default" skin, you can't get it back.

So, it looks like I'm stuck with the Invision basic skin again. :(

Edit: Deleting cookies and logging in/out doesn't help because the skin choice (like several other preferences) are saved within your profile on the server itself.

H

Edited by Hurin

Problem:

The Default skin can no longer be chosen below with the skin selector.  The "Default Skin" is the new one with the changed background and the new logo.  Yet, once you change from the "Default" skin, you can't get it back.

So, it looks like I'm stuck with the Invision basic skin again.  :(

Edit:  Deleting cookies and logging in/out doesn't help because the skin choice (like several other preferences) are saved within your profile on the server itself.

H

328369[/snapback]

I am also having that problem now I cannot get the new color back and am stuck on the Invision board :(

I am also having that problem now I cannot get the new color back  and am stuck on the Invision board :(

328419[/snapback]

Lament with me brother, for we are damned.

On the bright side for us, though: The black box around the quote button is gone

Please...no purple, violet or anything from that far end of the spectrum. It looked horrible.

The blue color is much better.

328292[/snapback]

Hey, one of my favorite boards ever was pink.

328383[/snapback]

It's fine if it matched....but that purple didn't. <_<

Just tried it. Yep the skin is gone.

Please...no purple, violet or anything from that far end of the spectrum. It looked horrible.

The blue color is much better.

328292[/snapback]

Hey, one of my favorite boards ever was pink.

328383[/snapback]

It's fine if it matched....but that purple didn't. <_<

Just tried it. Yep the skin is gone.

328432[/snapback]

Yah... entire board needs redoing, really.

This is part of why I rarely change wallpapers on my computer. I wind up burning a half hour just redoing my color theme to match and not look like ass.