The Message Boards

Mr March

Ya mean this isn't Robotech.com?  :blink:

327815[/snapback]

You have said the forbidden words that we cannot hear!

Is it me, or does that "Quote" button have a black box around it?

327887[/snapback]

hey!! another BSplayer user!!! :p what version are U using there, azrael? ;)

BTW, with regards to the black boxes, i dont see it. I'm using Opera 7.54 though. :lol:

Edited by grss1982

Howdy All,

Obviously, that is a temp logo up there. But, well, I think we can all agree that the black background isn't exactly pleasant.

I went ahead and created a bit more pleasing logo. It should meld right into the gradient background of the IPB skin. At first, I tried a transparent one, but there is actually wording and junk behind that image that showed through. . . so I instead just sorta grafted one together in a JPEG with no transparency. It should work that way.

Here it is:

mw-logo.jpg

If you want the tranparent GIF one, you can download it along with that non-transparent JPEG here.

To make it work with IPB, either overwrite the existing "templogo.JPG" with this file (case sensitive JPG there at the end) or edit the theme/skin so that it goes to the new image.

I was thinking of doing a bit more with it. But I think speed is more important than quality at the moment since that black logo up there just looks sorta odd.

Quick Addition: What that black temp image and my replacement image above blocks is the simple text link to macrossworld.com. If that's important and you want it to show, you can use this smaller image. . . and transparency will work because nothing will show through.

mw-small-logo-transparent.gif

Personally, though, I like the larger one and how the white mid-line splits it up. . . but then we have no link to the main site.

H

Edited by Hurin

mw-logo.jpg

This one works the best.

Mozilla and IE are rendering some of these fields poorly (due to the skin). Anybody using Safari or a Konqueror-based browser? I wanna see what's going on there.

Opera 8.02 also seems to have a rendering problem. Opera and IE are both rendering boxes around the post icons (it really shouldn't be there, or not that visible). Also IE does have that purple box. <_<

post-15-1126658526_thumb.jpg

post-15-1126658539_thumb.jpg

post-15-1126658549_thumb.jpg

Hmmm, now that I see it in IE, I think the preferred (larger, non-transparent) one won't show right in IE. IE scales the site and moves everything down to accomodate whatever size the logo is. . . while Firefox (the one I was using when I created the image) just throws it up there and then throws everything behind it.

In Firefox, that larger, non-transparent image would look great as its gradient blue and bottom gray should meld in completely with the the existing background. But, in IE, it looks like it will be quite screwy. :(

So, for now, I guess I'd use that smaller transparent one that will work with both until someone creates a theme.

I don't think the black one really represents any ongoing theme work that I know of. I think it's a stock image that was just found out there somewhere and used as a test.

H

I made a different one that incorporates the MW logo as well as updates it.

328089[/snapback]

Bah! Showing me up, eh! :angry:

:lol:

Edit: Hey! If you have a less-compressed version of that, I'd be happy to make it transparent! Yours is great! :)

H

Edited by Hurin

I made a different one that incorporates the MW logo as well as updates it.

328089[/snapback]

Bah! Showing me up, eh! :angry:

:lol:

Edit: Hey! If you have a less-compressed version of that, I'd be happy to make it transparent! Yours is great! :)

H

328095[/snapback]

I don't have one less compressed. If I can find out what font Macrossworld is I can make it look better.

:p

here's a transparent version

post-151-1126666441.gif

Edited by >EXO<

ok found the font... that was quick...

large transparent

328125[/snapback]

What do you use to get such nice fonts/block lettering? It's a pain to do in Photoshop and I've been looking for a program that does it easily.

H

ok found the font... that was quick...

large transparent

328125[/snapback]

What do you use to get such nice fonts/block lettering? It's a pain to do in Photoshop and I've been looking for a program that does it easily.

H

328174[/snapback]

ummm.. I used photoshop! :D