The Message Boards

Mr March

Ugh, black text on dark blue? Can't read anything!!

(if you're wondering what I'm talking about - if you click the 'View New Posts' link, all the topics show up as black text, on a very dark blue background...)

Edited by fulcy

BTW, don't suppose we can get those valkyrie icons back from way back when that went along with member level/post #?

328541[/snapback]

Perhaps instead of those Valk icons, we could have a Spiritia level meter or something :lol:

Graham

328560[/snapback]

Does that mean we can have Sivil come after longtime members? :)

Ugh, black text on dark blue?  Can't read anything!!

(if you're wondering what I'm talking about - if you click the 'View New Posts' link, all the topics show up as black text, on a very dark blue background...)

328614[/snapback]

Seconded. That dark blue doesn't work as-is.

To fix the skin problem (that link didn't work for me either), go to the skin selector below and choose a skin. On the next page that shows up, look at the address at the top and find, among all the gibberish:

. . .setskin=1&skinid=x&act=id. . .

Where x will be a number.

Change that number to 2, 3, or 4. (one gives an error).

1 = error

2 = the new Macross theme that Roy has been working on.

3 = the original Invision skin.

4 = Big mess.

That should bring back the happiness.

Edit, if you're already stuck within a skin with no skin selector at the bottom, copy and paste this link (earlier posted links were auto-truncated):

For the in-progress skin:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?setskin=1&skinid=2&act=st&CODE=&id=&t=15413&f=28&st=120

For the Default Invision Skin:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?setskin=1&skinid=3&act=st&CODE=&id=&t=15413&f=28&st=120

Thanks to NMB4Macross and haterist for setting me on the path to finding this solution. This should get people out of the skin trap until Roy can fix it.

H

Edited by Hurin

wierd. everytime i place my mosue pointer on a link it highlights it. and my smileys menus is also a bit wierd. take a look below. anybody know how to adjust this? its a bit irritating to my eyes.

328804[/snapback]

It's the skin. Roy should fix it when he gets around to playing with the skin again.

Some times I wonder why I even bother.

First you have members bitching about Shawn updating things. I take it upon my part to at least a little something to board appearance. What do I get some whines about some of the changes of the forum. Then there are whines about the new colors. Instead of just living with it for a day or two people decide to click a buttom and screw up their skin even more. I know cause I decided to to figure out what some of you were doing.

If you come to the message boards and see something unusual stop freaking out. I'm not working on the board appearance today because it's a work day but I did take the time to take the dark blue away just to stop some of this panic hysteria.

While I think the vast majority appreciate the fact that someone is trying to do stuff, I think some people were troubled by getting trapped in a skin that was essentially non-functional (I don't think most are talking about being trapped in the new MW skin, but rather, the "snow" or another screwy skin that are now the only choices). The invision default skin and the new MW skin are now no longer selectable in the skin selector at the bottom.

It might have been safer to copy the Invision default skin and then work on that as a test area rather than working directly on the main board skin that shows up for everyone. This has then prompted people to start screwing with their skins, and with the only two options being essentially invalid, we have a lot of people panicking. The two options remaining in the selector (Snow and some other odd one) are nearly useless and quite ugly. And there is no selection for either the default Invision skin, or the new skin. So, people feel trapped.

Again, I think most people are excited to see some changes. But development by trial and error in a live, production environment takes an inordinate amount of care. . . even if it is only a message board. :lol:

Edit: While I'm told that I write long posts, I think that may be a personal record for how many times I've repeated myself. :D

Edited by Hurin