Gundam.com

It may survive elsewhere. Mecha Domain managed to survive it's own death by going to the Mecha & Animation Headquarters. I know there are a few Gundam communities that are rather large still in operation, though not all of them are worth the effort of joining.

I hear ya, MilkMan. Actually, kiddies have overrun every other forum I've ever been on, from Megaman to Korean Music. I swear, we could go to a forum about nuclear physics and you'd have some kid on with posts like "Neutrinos are way cooler than quarks, and anyone who doesn't agree sucks!" That's why MW is so special.

Well, maybe we can get an official Gundam thread here, and we can have private Gundam discussions amongst ourselves.

At this point I'm pretty sure it's a conspiracy from this damned Jupiter Empire :(

No, it's those damned Spacenoids, I tell you. Somebody oughta start a war or something. :ph34r:

So is that the last of the old pre-R1 Gundam fan sites to die? What happened, anyway?

I use to go to Gundam.com but too many kids incaded that place. Then I turned to Gundam Watch and now it is not that great either. :rolleyes:

At least the North American Gundam fanbase is comprised of a lot of UC fans. Gundam Wing is the only Gundam that has been broadcasted in France, thus 99.99% of the fanbase is made of 12-15yo Wingers. Each time I try to venture on a French Gundam forum, things go like that:

Yoshi: Hello, I would to discuss the whereabouts of Yu Kajima circa 0093.

FrenchHeeroDuo3314: LOL WTF MAN I ONLY KNOW HEERO BUT HE'S THE COOLEST EVER MAN. MAN HE KICKED THE SUMMED ASS OF OZ.

Yoshi: ....

FrenchHeeroDuo3314: MAN DO YO KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A DIVX OF GUNDAM SEED 34. THAT ALMOOST AS LEET AS GUNDAM WING.

Yoshi: ....

FrenchHeeroDuo3314: LOL BYE IM GONNA BUY ONE OF THESE HGUC EVEN ITS CLEARY RIPOFF OF GUNDAM WING. JAPAN POWAA !! (IM A GENERIC ANIMEFAN SO I WORSHIP EVERYTHING JAPAN)

Yoshi: Screams like a 8yo schoolgirl.

That's just as lame as the RT.com chats.

Live-action Robotech movie casting, anyone? Come on, you all know you want to!

Quiet, you. :p :P :p

G.com was my favorite place to go man, there was always good gundam talk in the models forum. Now its gone, I'm hoping just for the weekend, but who knows, maybe he's going to be bought out by bandai...I hope not. The paranoia runs wild in my head with thoughts.

I really hope it comes back, but most of the things I enjoyed in my life don't, Space: Above and Beyond, Deep Space Nine, Farscape, dark chocolate Kit-kats, yes, all part of history now, the history of my pathetic life.

Its too bad, if he needed help I'm sure he could of reached into the talent that visited the site.

Well as long as we have Macross world life is good :) Hey graham take all the old hardware from the original forums and toss togeather a gundam forum ;)

call it "GundamWorld." ;) i used to go to gundam.com alot to just get information on mobile suits, models, and plot summaries. I recently tried to read a little about Gundam Z or atleast find out about the Gundam Mk. II "Titans" and found out gundam.com was gone, sad.

Let me emphasize, that he could have reached into the talent that visited the site.

and what exactly is that supposed to mean?

Dude chill, if you read it all again, Byg-Damn's post wasn't aimed directly at you. Go back and you'll realize that all he is saying that the folks at GCom might have been able to save the site and the boards with donations, computer support, etc.

its really just as well that gundam.com shut down, it stopped being a decent local for information and chat a long time ago (if it ever really was). there are still a number of good gundam message boards out there, though they may not be nearly as good for pointless drivel and holier than thou smackdowns. i frequent Gundamwatch, its got a lot of rules and the mods are tough, but its a good place to get real info on any gundam show or merchandise. the mods and members are highly knowledgable, and Mark Simmons of the late great Gundam Project is a frequent contributing visitor. its largely a site for serious discussion, and its gundam related discussion only, but there are a couple sister sites for more general chatter.

Yups, I never really liked GCom's boards because of the maturity level (lack of) of the most active members. I just go to mahq if I really need any good Gundam info, though not necessarily getting it from their boards either.

I think the folks here are pretty knowledgeable, not only in Gundam but also in all things Anime and Mecha, so I just do a search of the forums for the info I need and often times they can be found here...errr in the old MW board.

Edited by GDomino

I use to go to Gundam.com but too many kids incaded that place. Then I turned to Gundam Watch and now it is not that great either. :rolleyes:

Pretty much the same story here. Used to go by Hazard there. It got to the point where I stopped even thinking about the site all together. To many kids showing(don't mind young members but hate it when they act like jerks and immature brats), to much thread highjacking, and some elitism(rare but was there). It might have improved in the last year or two but haven't been there in a long time.

Gundam is lame ass... I don't understand the value of anything connected to it... Then again I do not like any amine other than Macross or Golgo 13.

Gundam is lame ass... I don't understand the value of anything connected to it... Then again I do not like any amine other than Macross or Golgo 13.

I demand a colony drop on Agent ONE. :rolleyes:

(just kidding)

Edited by Yoshi

I demand a colony drop on Agent ONE. :ph34r:

;)

Gundam lame?

Kawamori and friends thought Gundam was cool when they were in school. There was several things in Macross inspired by Gundam.

20% of Gundam is not half bad. The stuff that seems to driving the pre-teens crazy tends to be the lame stuff.

Kawamori and friends thought Gundam was cool when they were in school. There was several things in Macross inspired by Gundam.

Definately. When Macross was at the drawing boards, the "Megaroad" (working name) took elements of the White Base with portions of the ship Space Battleship Yamato and the "Breast Fighter" (working name of the Valkyrie) shares the chest and arms of the Gundam. Plus, some of the characters' working designs have some resemblance: Max was originally supposed to be a clone of Kai but ended up on Kamjin in the final image and "Aki Hayase" (working name for Misa) appeared as a doppleganger of Mirai.

After Macross got successful, Kawamori and friends did some work on Gundam. Harahito Mikimoto did the character art of Gundam 0080 and Kawamori did the mecha art of Gundam 0083.

One of my friends of mine who knows nothing of Gundam did a doubletake of the Albion (from Gundam 0083) and said, "Isn't that the SDF-1?"

20% of Gundam is not half bad.    The stuff that seems to driving the pre-teens crazy tends to be the lame stuff.

UC is for the hardcore fans. B)

As for the AU, it's usually a hit or miss to both newbie fans and hardcore fans ever since 08th MS Team was the last of the UC. The creation of G-Saviour (which was written to be UC) didn't help matters.

Amuro Ray kicks ass; Char is smart as hell...

I'll still have to wait for Zeta and ZZ to see how much they have changed themselves and humanity after the One-Year War before I can pick up Char's Counterattack. :(

Yet, 0080, 0083 and 08th MS Team showed that those two aces aren't the only mobile suit aces during the One-Year War. I only seen 08th and have to get 0080 and 0083 someday.