New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Yeah I hope so.

I love this design, but it amazes me that I can't pose it properly. Now the kness are slipping out from underneath it.

I hope I can come up with a fix soon.

Yamato QC, you dissapoint me after a good run iwth the 1/48 VF-1s.

well, the thing is that you can always display it in fighter mode in which IMO the best looking fighter of all transforming...err...transformers (in a general term)

I have one that I bought off chowser displayed in my IKEA cabinet and it looks great with its sleek profile; as if its somekind of a model instead of a toy. I would really recommmend this toy despite its QC issues....well, I dont quite like its battroid's mode tho (although I have one displayed in that mode too) and since most of the QC issues palgues that mode, I would care less....ALSO, the ears are a bit long...looks like somekind of a pair of bunny ears there...now, where's the clippers....I might want to "bonsai" it a little bit.. :lol:

ALSO, the ears are a bit long...looks like somekind of a pair of bunny ears there...now, where's the clippers....I might want to "bonsai" it a little bit.. :lol:

421846[/snapback]

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! THat's what makes it look good!

for some reason...that seems to be the source of disgust for me whenever I look at the battroid....it shoulda be shorter....haha....nah, I wont clip it...who the hell would clip a USD 160-worth toy? I know I wont, at least. but still, I like the overall look

I just cant stress how impressed I am with the fighter mode...with all the tampoo markings...it just look fabulous. On the contrary, the battroid looks a lil bit squatty on the chest area,...well you cant please a battroid fan AND a fighter fan all at the same time...but Im more on the neutral ground; no mode preference whatsoever, so, whichever mode looks better, Im all happy about it. :rolleyes:

I really recommend Yamato stand for all those who're planning to display it in fighter mode....it just kick ass....Ill post some pictures later to show how impressed I am at the toy...In the mean time, gotta go to work....hope my intern ends well....gotta less than 1 month to go now!

aaajin

I reckon that Yamato should shave away a little bit of the lower forearm closest to the elbow joint. Unlike the VF-1, it deoesn't need to open to access the hands. This way, witht he modification the VF-0 can do a full bicep curl, like a Gundam Model.

post-466-1154528780_thumb.jpg

I reckon that Yamato should shave away a little bit of the lower forearm closest to the elbow joint. Unlike the VF-1, it deoesn't need to open to access the hands. This way, witht he modification the VF-0 can do a full bicep curl, like a Gundam Model.

post-466-1154528780_thumb.jpg

421861[/snapback]

I don't see why yamato doesn't just use double hinges for elbows and knees. Even those cheapy marvel legends toys have double hinges.

I totally agree with aaajin about the lasers. They're really a turn-off for me as compared to the sleek profile of the 0A's head. I guess the 0S' head sculpt doesn't help in reinforcing the bunny look (don't ask me to explain why).

And like aaajin, I'm more of a neutral guy, no specific preference for any mode since I like them all. But I also agree that the VF-0 torso looks rather disproportionate as compared to the rest of the body. The VF-1's look better despite the long 'crotch'. Will probably still get one despite my complaints and reservations since it really is a engineering marvel but will certainly wait for the 2nd production run.

cheers

I guess I'm a battroid kind of guy and I'm very happy with it. Usually Yamato goes more for fighter mode, when a design compromise is needed. In this case, probably due to the fact that the Zero was designed in 3D in the first place, fighter mode is sleek and accurate and battroid mode doesn't suffer becuse of it.

I think it is supposed to look squat. In fact it has a clever mechanism that allows it. Think of it as the Wolverine of valks :lol:

Have to be strong and refrain from ordering VF-0S...Must be strong...

421857[/snapback]

Give in to the temptation.....cmon, dont just be a man, be a real man!

Ill give you my final blow with a few tempting pictures when I get home today!! :lol: oh, u just wait

aaajin

421857[/snapback]

Be strong my friend! 'cause I'm trying to be strong too... :lol:

421874[/snapback]

Count me in as well ... gotta try and wait for the VF-0A ...

:ph34r:

421857[/snapback]

Give in to the temptation.....cmon, dont just be a man, be a real man!

Ill give you my final blow with a few tempting pictures when I get home today!! :lol: oh, u just wait

aaajin

421908[/snapback]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo...

Maybe if I take a picture of it to the bathroom for a couple of minutes... maybe that will relieve the lust for her...

:ph34r:B))

I think it is supposed to look squat. In fact it has a clever mechanism that allows it. Think of it as the Wolverine of valks  :lol:

421905[/snapback]

it didn't seem that squat in the anime though. a case of right camera angles perhaps? and does Wolverine have those long sexy legs? hehe!

in any case, i've loving the 0A head sculpt WAY more than the 0S one. kind of difficult to decide if i SHOULD get the 0S at all.

jeez Dante, i know aaajin's really pushing your lust buttons but you're just sick in letting him manipulate you! :p:lol::ph34r:

Edited by Onimusha-shin

Stop torturing yourselves? take this !! my final blow to you infidels who dont appreciate the beauty of this beast !!

os1.jpg

os2.jpg

os3.jpg

to me OA look a lil bit toy-ish. or maybe its because the proto pictures dont have the tampoo markings yet? if it remains that way, then the OS is wayy better.....if only I can urge myself to clip that long rabbit ears...UGHH

just kiddin.

anyway, see why I call it a beauty?

Edited by aaajin

Im just sooo glad I give in to the temptation....you guys should BTW.

Youll never feel you throw in the money for nothing....EXCEPT if you get a lemon, that is a diff. case

One thing for sure, Youll never walk alone when u buy Yamato products... (no Im not a Liverpool fan)

Toynazmi fans can just cry, blow themselves in the most beautifully crafted box (with all the stamps and so called famous signatures) and die (I just have to say it here!)

j/k again.

aaajin

I'm a Makurosu fan 4eva!11 Keep bringing out the toys yamato. I'd much rather a flood of stuff I can't afford than a drought with nothing to look forward to and a "maybe it will come out if you buy this" promise that can't be kept. :D After many years we get our proper yf19 at least. Can't say the same about toynami beta fighter - it doesn't look like RT fans will have fully transforming toy.

If you are a true macross fan and stop buying toys just as the yf19 is coming out, there is seriously something wrong with you. It's the golden age of macross toys, and I think we have too much to complain about. If I didn't spend this money on macross, I probably would have spent it on something else like gundam or into games and other hobbies anyway.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Let's start a witch hunt and burn all the infidels that provoke the anger of the HFH :lol:

We are coming after you!!!!!

422285[/snapback]

Light up the torches. Grab the pitchforks. Were marchin.

meanwhile, in Dante's house :

"hey, that's a very nice macross collection you have there.....1/48 1S, 1J, YF-19....

WHAT? you dont have an 0S ??! YOU INFIDEL! MUST DIE !!! "

:lol:

Edited by aaajin

Let's start a witch hunt and burn all the infidels that provoke the anger of the HFH :lol:

We are coming after you!!!!!

422285[/snapback]

Light up the torches. Grab the rakes. Were marchin.

meanwhile, in Dante's house :

"hey, that's a very nice macross collection you have there.....1/48 1S, 1J, YF-19....

WHAT? you dont have an 0S ??! YOU INFIDEL! MUST DIE !!! "

:lol:

422313[/snapback]

NOOO WAIT WAIT DON"T KILL ME! *holds up some MPC's to defend from the pitchforks.*

I've already got a VF-0a on preorder and I'm sure as hell getting the second run VF-0S. I just wanted to wait with ordering it until I was pretty sure most of the mistakes were taken out by Yamato.

*EDIT* Love the pics aaajin. I have the same display cabinet and now I know how good it'll look in mine. (I think everybody on MW has the same Ikea display case)

Edited by Dante74

Mwahahaha! I wait for the VF-0A! :D I have resisted temptation!

Your pitchforks can do nothing but pierce my skin, muscle, and internal organs, causing me fleshwounds! And I've survived a fireball from my own cooking in the kitchen, so your torches will feel only kind of warm to me! :lol:

Damn, the VF-0S looks like a beaut though... :D

The best thing we can all do is sell off all our non-macross toys, and spend our cash only on Yamato goodness.

This will maxamize Yamato's production numbers, and then we'll all be happy and broke.

Mwahahaha! I wait for the VF-0A! :D  I have resisted temptation!

Your pitchforks can do nothing but pierce my skin, muscle, and internal organs, causing me fleshwounds! And I've survived a fireball from my own cooking in the kitchen, so your torches will feel only kind of warm to me! :lol:

Damn, the VF-0S looks like a beaut though... :D

422490[/snapback]

Has anyone managed to open up an entire arm? I'm trying to tighten up the joints, but I can't open the forearm.

EDIT: Did everyone know that the VF-0S's fingers "snap" around the gunpod? that is so cool!

Problem is, now there is no little gouge behind the wrists, I was going to use the floppy wrist fix that was used on the 1/48s, but alas...I don't think that it will work here....

Edited by kensei