New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

ghostryder- how did you get the epoxy in the knee swivel joint? everything seems glued up pretty tightly on mine.. :(

410978[/snapback]

Was there a problem with this part on the VF-0S? I think I missed that post. Why'd you want to do this? Can someone explain or link me to the post?

Thanks.

:)

ghostryder- how did you get the epoxy in the knee swivel joint? everything seems glued up pretty tightly on mine.. :(

410978[/snapback]

Was there a problem with this part on the VF-0S? I think I missed that post. Why'd you want to do this? Can someone explain or link me to the post?

Thanks.

411164[/snapback]

the current release of the VF-0 has some loose joints, the swivel joint in the knees and the swivel joint in the elbows. Not everyone does and even for those that do, it seems to be to varying degrees. According to Graham, a revision 2 unit is coming out shortly that is supposed to have that issue resolved.

410978[/snapback]

Thanks.

411164[/snapback]

the current release of the VF-0 has some loose joints, the swivel joint in the knees and the swivel joint in the elbows. Not everyone does and even for those that do, it seems to be to varying degrees. According to Graham, a revision 2 unit is coming out shortly that is supposed to have that issue resolved.

411166[/snapback]

Ah cool. Thanks so much for the clarifcation. I'm debating whether to pick up a 2nd issue of the VF-0S ... gotta choose between THAT and the GBP armour.

410978[/snapback]

Thanks.

411164[/snapback]

411166[/snapback]

Ah cool. Thanks so much for the clarifcation. I'm debating whether to pick up a 2nd issue of the VF-0S ... gotta choose between THAT and the GBP armour.

411172[/snapback]

Get the VF0S! GBP is cool, but you'll wish you'd gotten the zero.

410978[/snapback]

I knew I should have taken more pics... anyhoo, the white thigh halves are held together by 1 long screw, and only the back seam is lightly glued (on mine anyways). I was able to break the glue joint no prob. Once you do that, there are 2 tiny screws that hold the lower gray pieces above the knee. The swivel socket and stem are inside these gray pieces. Just spread about <1/2 mm of 1-ton epoxy on one flat side of the swivel joint, let set, and put back together. I didn't even bother to re-glue the white thigh halves. Next up, I may try the elbow swivels, but those don't bother me as much.

edit - watch out for those 2 metal pins inside the thighs, almost lost 1!

leg.jpg

Two more for the road... now where's that darn pitot tube?? :o

front.jpg

batt4.jpg

411036[/snapback]

Done! Worked like a charm... figher mode holds together NICELY and the knees are all tight and lovely.

And the glue on the back gives way with no problems, actually, only one of the thighs had been glued shut anyways.

410978[/snapback]

I knew I should have taken more pics... anyhoo, the white thigh halves are held together by 1 long screw, and only the back seam is lightly glued (on mine anyways). I was able to break the glue joint no prob. Once you do that, there are 2 tiny screws that hold the lower gray pieces above the knee. The swivel socket and stem are inside these gray pieces. Just spread about <1/2 mm of 1-ton epoxy on one flat side of the swivel joint, let set, and put back together. I didn't even bother to re-glue the white thigh halves. Next up, I may try the elbow swivels, but those don't bother me as much.

edit - watch out for those 2 metal pins inside the thighs, almost lost 1!

leg.jpg

Two more for the road... now where's that darn pitot tube?? :o

front.jpg

batt4.jpg

411036[/snapback]

Done! Worked like a charm... figher mode holds together NICELY and the knees are all tight and lovely.

And the glue on the back gives way with no problems, actually, only one of the thighs had been glued shut anyways.

411488[/snapback]

Isn't that a VF-1 gunpod? WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING TO ROY, MAN?!

(jk) Had to mention that.

Great, glad it worked. Now it's your turn to bust open the elbows and fix those. Let me know how it goes  :p

411491[/snapback]

heh, took a look at it, and it looks like it would involve opening up the fore-arms as well as the bicep armor... too scary for me. Sides, my arms are tight enough...

Got mine today. The vf-1j stealth is literally "tight". Had to exert some force to transform it. As for the vf-0s, my only complaints are the very loose knee joints and elbow joints. Everything else is fine, no missing parts like the tail fin spikes and pitot tube. Thanks D :D .

DSC02703.jpg

DSC02701.jpg

DSC02699.jpg

aiii-yah... I can't wait till my stealth gets here... it's still in japan near as I can tell. I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting the super version now though.

You know, seeing them side by side like, I really like the transformation of the torso a lot better on the VF-0 with the shorter nose cone.

Edited by eugimon

Isn't that a VF-1 gunpod? WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING TO ROY, MAN?!

(jk) Had to mention that.

You're right, big daddy's gun was in the shop getting detailed.

Hikaru: "Your'e looking a little small today, Sempai. Let me take that big gun off your scrawny little arms."

HikkieRoy.jpg

Roy: "Read the box, baka! My gun's bigger AND it's only 1/60..."

battgun.jpg

battblack.jpg

Edited by ghostryder

So why the size discrepency between the VF-0 and the VF-1 ? I mean, the VF-0 is freakin HUGE in comparison. I thought the only real "difference" was that the VF-0 didn't have a nuclear reactor to power it. So, why would UN Spacy go from a huge valk like the VF-0 to a smaller model? So many questions. Any answers?

So why the size discrepency between the VF-0 and the VF-1 ? I mean, the VF-0 is freakin HUGE in comparison. I thought the only real "difference" was that the VF-0 didn't have a nuclear reactor to power it. So, why would UN Spacy go from a huge valk like the VF-0 to a smaller model? So many questions. Any answers?

411691[/snapback]

The nuclear engines were more efficient and able to cram in more advanced technology and components in less space. The conventional jet engines in the VF-0 were much larger, and older, not as modular. Aside that the nuke engines were relatively new, the VF-0's jet engines were old in comparison to the VF-1's.

411691[/snapback]

The nuclear engines were more efficient and able to cram in more advanced technology and components in less space. The conventional jet engines in the VF-0 were much larger, and older, not as modular. Aside that the nuke engines were relatively new, the VF-0's jet engines were old in comparison to the VF-1's.

411695[/snapback]

It's probably also because the VF-0 was a test bed and they made it big so there would be room in the air frame to play with ideas like delta wings.

411691[/snapback]

Also, in order to store enough conventional jet fuel to loiter and fight in battroid mode, the Zero needs to have some size. Even with the sheer size, FAST packs and dorsal CFTs were added to increase the Zero's range/combat endurance. That's why smaller fighters like the Legacy Hornets and Fulcrums have crummy range, while behemoths like the Flanker don't.

Quick question, did you paint the stealth's heat shield in black, as mine is gray.

Great, glad it worked. Now it's your turn to bust open the elbows and fix those. Let me know how it goes  :p

411491[/snapback]

heh, took a look at it, and it looks like it would involve opening up the fore-arms as well as the bicep armor... too scary for me. Sides, my arms are tight enough...

411507[/snapback]

Any comparison pics of the 1/60 VF-0S Roy pilot and a 1/48 VF-1 pilot?  Like a big Roy vs little Roy? :lol:

411859[/snapback]

I think I'll call him mini-me. :D

70980.jpg

411985[/snapback]

Yanno, I thing the 1/60th roy has better detail... :blink:

So are the reissues the ones that have the fixed problems? Do let us  know.

411995[/snapback]

From what I understand, these aren't technically reissues, just the second part of the first production run, so still expect loose knees and elbows.

A proper improved second run with tighter joints should be out later sometime this year I think.

And of course the upcoming VF-0A should have all the improvements

Graham