New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

It does have the loose right bicep, but it's not free-moving loose, just not really tight.

400493[/snapback]

That's the best and most accurate description I've read so far regarding the VF-0S's swivel joints.

The way some of the people here have described the toy, you'd think it was a big floppy mess, that can't stand by itself or hold any sort of pose, which is simply not correct.

Graham

400499[/snapback]

You forget the possibility that you might've been one of the luckier ones. After all QC with yamato is a hit and miss. I have 2 VF-0s with varying degrees of looseness. One of them is a floppy wreck whereas the other one is loose but isn't so bad.

It can't do your 2nd picture pose as the bicep joint just falls under the weight of the gunpod. There's no way i could make it hold with one hand. I also can't make a semi-crouch like in your 1st picture either as the knees just swivel off under the battroid's weight at that angle. And in gerwalk mode, needless to say the knees gave way as well. This is just one of the VF-0s i have so i 'm leaving that in fighter mode. The other one is loose but still able to hold the poses you posted so i'm using that one for gerwalk and battroid.

So i don't think people here are exagerrating the floppiness. Just that some people are luckier than others.

Where'd you get yours from, Hikuro?

Just like a majority of the rest I got it at Twinmoons.

I've taken notice that the stubs off the chest armor do tend to pop off with slightly close to excessive force, but.....it's not a big deal at all, some toys are designed that with excessive force those pieces pop out rather then snap and ruin the toy completely.

Other then that, my VF-0S is doing just fine and dandy and I'm hoping that a VF-0A will be released in the next year or so....crossing my fingers.

I didn't know that you could order parts for this thing.  That's great news.  How did you break yours, anyway?

400518[/snapback]

The first Transformation. There is a grey panel on the backpack that secures the off white flap with two plastic hinges. These hinges broke. There the only flaw I think that the Zero has beyond the loose joints everyone is complaining about. I wasn't paying too much attention to the instructions because the flap isn't meant to fold completely up or down when transformed. These hinges or fastners were sturdier in the 1/48's. HLJ has a parts department which you can order replacements from. They've saved my arse on several occasions now.

Edited by Golden Arms

The first Transformation.  There is a grey panel on the backpack that secures the off white flap with two plastic hinges.  These hinges broke. There the only flaw I think that the Zero has beyond the loose joints everyone is complaining about.  I wasn't paying too much attention to the instructions because the flap isn't meant to fold completely up or down when transformed.   

400525[/snapback]

So you tried to fold a part that isn't supposed to fold then B))

Graham

HLJ has a parts department which you can order replacements from.  They've saved my arse on several occasions now.

Have they always had this parts department? I can remember replacement parts being an issue with everything from the 1/48 and back...

The first Transformation.  There is a grey panel on the backpack that secures the off white flap with two plastic hinges.  These hinges broke. There the only flaw I think that the Zero has beyond the loose joints everyone is complaining about.  I wasn't paying too much attention to the instructions because the flap isn't meant to fold completely up or down when transformed.   

Thats exactly what happened to me as well. And I've tried to actually disassemble the backpack assembly, but seems that everything's glued shut quite tightly.

400525[/snapback]

Graham

400528[/snapback]

It's supposed to fold slightly (about 30 degrees I suppose) when in fighter mode. Thats how it tucks into place.

Blue Max-- You don't need to completely disassemble the backpack. You only need to slightly pry apart the end that connects to the back. I used my fingernails and a modelling knife for this.

This is not a bad pose either, the trick is bent the hind and have them infront of the chest plate :p .

Love this toy, but I desperately need a fixed hand to hold the gun properly.

post-3608-1148047778.jpg

400525[/snapback]

Graham

400528[/snapback]

It's supposed to fold slightly (about 30 degrees I suppose) when in fighter mode. Thats how it tucks into place.

Blue Max-- You don't need to completely disassemble the backpack. You only need to slightly pry apart the end that connects to the back. I used my fingernails and a modelling knife for this.

400570[/snapback]

Hey, thanks for the tip, will try it later :)

It does have the loose right bicep, but it's not free-moving loose, just not really tight.

400493[/snapback]

That's the best and most accurate description I've read so far regarding the VF-0S's swivel joints.

The way some of the people here have described the toy, you'd think it was a big floppy mess, that can't stand by itself or hold any sort of pose, which is simply not correct.

Graham

400499[/snapback]

You forget the possibility that you might've been one of the luckier ones. After all QC with yamato is a hit and miss. I have 2 VF-0s with varying degrees of looseness. One of them is a floppy wreck whereas the other one is loose but isn't so bad.

It can't do your 2nd picture pose as the bicep joint just falls under the weight of the gunpod. There's no way i could make it hold with one hand. I also can't make a semi-crouch like in your 1st picture either as the knees just swivel off under the battroid's weight at that angle. And in gerwalk mode, needless to say the knees gave way as well. This is just one of the VF-0s i have so i 'm leaving that in fighter mode. The other one is loose but still able to hold the poses you posted so i'm using that one for gerwalk and battroid.

So i don't think people here are exagerrating the floppiness. Just that some people are luckier than others.

400519[/snapback]

Agreed. I don't think people are exaggereating in general. All depends on your luck. While one of mine's arm and leg swivel fit the "looser but not too bad" description, the right arm and left leg swivels are bad enough that either the figure can collapse on the leg due to the weight in some pose, or can't held a decent single armed gun firing pose due to the weight of the gunpod. They are all fine now with the help of some dental floss. :lol:

Its not like people in general are saying the VF-0S is a piece of crap. In fact, its very cool. At least thats what I've heard from most posts. I have been staring at it at work constantly and poses it and transforms it every now and then in the past few days. Loving it, regardless the fixable loose swivels and a few fragile bits. But don't see why we need to get all defensive on Yamato's QC.

The first Transformation.  There is a grey panel on the backpack that secures the off white flap with two plastic hinges.  These hinges broke. There the only flaw I think that the Zero has beyond the loose joints everyone is complaining about.  I wasn't paying too much attention to the instructions because the flap isn't meant to fold completely up or down when transformed.    These hinges or fastners were sturdier in the 1/48's.  HLJ has a parts department which you can order replacements from.  They've saved my arse on several occasions now.

400525[/snapback]

Goldern Arms,

Could you post a pic of the hinge you mention, as I'm really not sure what part you are talking about.

I took a look at the VF-0S backpack last night to figure it out, but could only find one hinge which looks pretty big and solid and not fragile looking at all.

Not doubting your word, I'm just honestly not sure what part you mean.

Graham

Just tried to add a tiny bit of super glue to thicken the leg pegs that tend to pop out from the backpack easy in fighter mode. Turned out pretty good. Now I can grip the fighter mode at the intake with no popping. Awesome! Nail polish should work just as well. Just make sure you don't put too much on the peg to make it fatter than it should. Otherwise, the peg would be either too big for the hole, or just too tight that you'll more likely snapping the tiny peg off the leg when pulling the leg peg out of the backpack. Put just a tiny bit and make sure it dries thoroughly before connecting the peg into the backpack hole. Give it a try. ;)

I also thought about tightening up those knee joints, although some of the Zero's limbs are glued together, right? I've noticed on my copy that the right knee/leg is the loose one that, when pressed, will pop the leg away from the backpack...

The first Transformation.  There is a grey panel on the backpack that secures the off white flap with two plastic hinges.  These hinges broke. There the only flaw I think that the Zero has beyond the loose joints everyone is complaining about.  I wasn't paying too much attention to the instructions because the flap isn't meant to fold completely up or down when transformed.     These hinges or fastners were sturdier in the 1/48's.   HLJ has a parts department which you can order replacements from.  They've saved my arse on several occasions now.

400525[/snapback]

Goldern Arms,

Could you post a pic of the hinge you mention, as I'm really not sure what part you are talking about.

I took a look at the VF-0S backpack last night to figure it out, but could only find one hinge which looks pretty big and solid and not fragile looking at all.

Graham

400700[/snapback]

The parts in question can be found on page 06 of the instruction manual. They are listed in illustrations 04 and 05. The hinges on the grey panel (shown in illustration 05-- near rightmost arrow) which secure the backpack flap broke on mine. They were compromised when I was following step 04. I was folding the flap back towards the backpack and I noticed the stress. The right hinge broke later. As Graham mentioned the flap doesn't need to fold all the way back to the backpack boosters. I guess I followed the pic too literally. :p

This entire area is the only place on the toy I would be concerned about in regards to longevity.

Sorry about the poor photo quality. I need to stop spending so much on toys and invest in a good camera.

post-354-1148145261_thumb.jpg

post-354-1148145428_thumb.jpg

Edited by Golden Arms

The first Transformation.  There is a grey panel on the backpack that secures the off white flap with two plastic hinges.  These hinges broke. There the only flaw I think that the Zero has beyond the loose joints everyone is complaining about.  I wasn't paying too much attention to the instructions because the flap isn't meant to fold completely up or down when transformed.     These hinges or fastners were sturdier in the 1/48's.   HLJ has a parts department which you can order replacements from.  They've saved my arse on several occasions now.

400525[/snapback]

Goldern Arms,

Graham

400700[/snapback]

The parts in question can be found on page 06 of the instruction manual. They are listed in illustrations 04 and 05. The hinges on the grey panel (shown in illustration 05-- near rightmost arrow) which secure the backpack flap broke on mine. They were compromised when I was following step 04. I was folding the flap back towards the backpack and I noticed the stress. The right hinge broke later. As Graham mentioned the flap doesn't need to fold all the way back to the backpack boosters. I guess I followed the pic too literally. :p

This entire area is the only place on the toy I would be concerned about in regards to longevity.

Sorry about the poor photo quality. I need to stop spending so much on toys and invest in a good camera.

400808[/snapback]

yeah... did the same thing with mine... thankfully I stopped when I thought "you know... I don't think this is supposed to bend like this..." so, now I have white stress marks on both hinges, and it's a bit loose... but it holds. would glueing the white panel than connects there hinder transformation at all?

400525[/snapback]

Goldern Arms,

Graham

400700[/snapback]

Borrowing Kaiming's Pics

The grey hinges are really kinda prone to stress.

post-701-1148150355_thumb.jpg

400519[/snapback]

Exactly. My VF0S is straight-up floppy. He looks cool dangit! ....But if he got in a fight with one of my Vf1s 1/48's he'd get his ass kicked.

Just got sick of the VF-0S keeps dropping the gun, exchanged the hinged hands with a pair of spare TV hands...not perfect...but much better. <_<

Has anyone tried any recast DYRL fixed hands, they should look even better.

As Seinfield said:"I need hands!!!"

post-3608-1148216209.jpgpost-3608-1148216360.jpg

That could explain teh hit and miss consistency of the QC here, couldn't it?

And honestly, I swear to god I'm gonna go smack the next person to ask a stupid 1/60 VF-0 vs 1/60/1/48 VF-1 question.... maybe if some of you pukes actually payed attention when watching the series and seeing the designs, you wouldn't ask the same retarded questions over and over again.

And about the back hinge, it's not like BP8 at all, is it? I actually never broke a BP8, but I can see how easily one could break it... the grey hinge there looks like the same exact kinda thing.

And honestly, I swear to god I'm gonna go smack the next person to ask a stupid 1/60 VF-0 vs 1/60/1/48 VF-1 question.... maybe if some of you pukes actually payed attention when watching the series and seeing the designs, you wouldn't ask the same retarded questions over and over again.

And about the back hinge, it's not like BP8 at all, is it?  I actually never broke a BP8, but I can see how easily one could break it... the grey hinge there looks like the same exact kinda thing.

400982[/snapback]

move along nothing to see.

Edited by buddhafabio

Actually I tried the 1/60 VF-0S gun but the 1/60 VF-0S gun is bigger than a 1/48 VF-1 gun which means a 1/60 VF-0S gun will not fit into the holes of a 1/48 VF-1 hand. I didn't want to force the 1/60 VF-0S gun into the 1/48 VF-1 hand, so I used the 1/48 Stealth gun and hoped that the 1/48 Stealth gun would look good on a 1/60 VF-0S with a 1/48 VF-1 hand. If somebody is brave enough to try a 1/60 VF-0S gun in a 1/48 VF-1 hand on a 1/60 VF-0S, please sent pics, I like to see it...I'm just going to take a break, feeling a little dizzy... :wacko:

Is Everybody clear now?? :D

he should be carring a gun from a 1/60 vf-1 any way.  the gun given to us is bigger then the gun given to the 1/48

400970[/snapback]

And honestly, I swear to god I'm gonna go smack the next person to ask a stupid 1/60 VF-0 vs 1/60/1/48 VF-1 question.....

400970[/snapback]

Edited by Mowe

And about the back hinge, it's not like BP8 at all, is it?  I actually never broke a BP8, but I can see how easily one could break it... the grey hinge there looks like the same exact kinda thing.

400982[/snapback]

move along nothing to see.

400986[/snapback]

Hey, my cousin told me that the Japanese have been using real-life VFs to fight off intrusions from alien invaders for the last 25 years. Is this true? Does this explain why they have such vivid imaginations? Also, I've been trying to change my VF0S into race-car mode and I can't figure out how that goes and it's not in the directions. Can someone tell me where the steering wheel is? Why didn't my sticker sheet come with the NASCAR decals?

Thanks for your help,

---Bri

The VF-0S's GPU-9 35mm gun pod is supposed to be bigger than the VF-1's GU-11 55mm gunpod.

While the GPU-9 is a smaller caliber, 35mm as opposed to the VF-1's 55mm gunpod, it holds much more ammunition.

The VF-0S's 35mm GPU-9 gunpod holds 550 rounds, while the VF-1's GU-11 55mm gunpod only holds 200 rounds.

Graham

The parts in question can be found on page 06 of the instruction manual.  They are listed in illustrations 04 and 05.  The hinges on the grey panel (shown in illustration 05-- near rightmost arrow) which secure the backpack flap broke on mine. They were compromised when I was following step 04.  I was folding the flap back towards the backpack and I noticed the stress.  The right hinge broke later.  As Graham mentioned the flap doesn't need to fold all the way back to the backpack boosters.  I guess I followed the pic too literally. :p

400808[/snapback]

Just to make it 100% clear, in none of the three modes (Fighter, Battroid or GERWALK) is the flap at the bottom of the backpack supposed to fold up.. This is where the VF-0 design differs from the VF-1.

Illustration 4 on page 6, shows that you are supposed to fold the whole backpack up and over into the GERWALK mode position, NOT fold the flap..

DON'T TOUCH THAT FLAP!!!!

Of course if you try to fold something which is not supposed to fold, it will break.

This is more a case of not understanding the instuctions, rather than any defect with the toy.

Graham

The parts in question can be found on page 06 of the instruction manual.  They are listed in illustrations 04 and 05.  The hinges on the grey panel (shown in illustration 05-- near rightmost arrow) which secure the backpack flap broke on mine. They were compromised when I was following step 04.  I was folding the flap back towards the backpack and I noticed the stress.  The right hinge broke later.  As Graham mentioned the flap doesn't need to fold all the way back to the backpack boosters.  I guess I followed the pic too literally. :p

400808[/snapback]

Just to make it 100% clear, in none of the three modes (Fighter, Battroid or GERWALK) is the flap at the bottom of the backpack supposed to fold up.. This is where the VF-0 design differs from the VF-1.

Illustration 4 on page 6, shows that you are supposed to fold the whole backpack up and over into the GERWALK mode position, NOT fold the flap..

Of course if you try to fold something which is not supposed to fold, it will break.

This is more a case of not understanding the instuctions, rather than any defect with the toy.

Graham

401103[/snapback]

So let me get this clear. You are not supposed to fold the flap? hmmm... :p

400808[/snapback]

Graham

401103[/snapback]

So let me get this clear. You are not supposed to fold the flap? hmmm... :p

401119[/snapback]

.... well. I think, but maybe it's just me, that you're NOT, supposed to fold that flap. Don't do it - it's just not worth it.

It can fold up till about 30 degress, but nothing more than that. Anything more, you have to pay for the consequences. I've learnt that the hard way, but managed to fix it after slight "surgery" :D, but some stress marks i can't remove no matter how much I try..