New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

IT is true that the 1/48 had good gun clearance, but one thing fans and the diehard aviation nuts pointed out here was that the 1/48s arms were lower than the 1/60, and in that respect the 1/60 was more accurate in terms of the flushness and placement of the arms.(The arms of the 1/60 do not stick out as much underneath than the arms of the 1/48).

With the VF-0 1/60 has arms that are flush with the legs, not drooping lower than them...in this way the plane looks more aerodynamically flush...the arms mesh with the body underneath rather than sticking out like on the 1/48.

Now the 1/48 ain't bad becase of that....but it could have been better had its arms been placed like that on the 1/60 VF-0 or VF-1.

323780[/snapback]

One thing that helps the VF-0S in this regard is that the top-outer part of the shoulders are sloped, which makes them more aerodynamic in fighter mode compart to the VF-1's shoulders, which are more squarish.

Graham

I was thinking about that. EVERYONE is getting one, so I hope Yamato make enough for all of us! Multiply that by 3 to account for the cashed up addicts.. :rolleyes:

2) Like on the 1/48 gunpod, the Gatling Pod standard weapon features a storable clip and can be extended/collapsed.

323569[/snapback]

If I'm reading this right, that means the amo magazine will be removeable from the gunpod.

Although we never see a VF-0 change magazines in the OVA, the Compendium does say that the VF-0's gunpod uses detachable magazines, unlike the VF-1's GU-11 gunpod, which does not.

I'm still wondering if the pitot tube on the underside of the VF-0's nose will have to be removed during transformation, or have Yamato designed some clever way for it to fold or retract into the nose for Battroid mode?

Graham

323911[/snapback]

I'm thinking they are just referring to the handle and are using the word clip in the sense that it's the part that "clips" onto the valk.

But for the mass production vf1 they needed to keep knowledge of the robot a military secret from the public and snooping media by hiding it. Or at least make us go wow, when we first see the transformation for the first time. Hands on the back of the fighter might give the secret away.

I don't mind skinny hands if the rest of the robot is skinny, it's just when they are out of proportion from the rest of the mech (eg you see huge armor, but tiny liitle fists) that it stands out.

Maybe that's why I don't mind the look of the bandai toys in battroid because they are chunky. They would be a good match in close combat against the spartan. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Is it me or the hands not retracted into the forearm? I always hated that about the design of the VF-1. It makes no sense because in battroid mode that area would be empty. Which translated to small hands on the toys.

vinnie

324002[/snapback]

The VF-0 design does not have retracting hands, they are enclosed in a "pocket" underneath the vertical stabilizer platform.

Me I am glad....those skeleton hands of the 1/48 make the gun kind of hard to hold. I prefer fixed pose like the TV VF-1J 1/48 and bandai 1/55.

I think it is almost a given at this point that we will get swappable hands. And I really love the design....this thing is so much farther along design wise than the 1/100 ever was in only a 2 month period. Its just magnificent.

Remember when some of us wondered what happened to the 1/100? I really think yamato scrapped it and switched those working on the 1/100 to the 1/60.

for the 1/100? BURN BABY BURN!

:D

Graham did Hobby japan have anything on it as well?

Another improvement, looks like the arms won't be hanging lower than the legs compared to the 1/48. The gunpod will have plenty of clearance. B))

323599[/snapback]

THANK GOD!

The only reason I don't own a 1/48 VF-1 is the nutsack-like shoulders that hang down way lower than the intakes in fighter mode. They look so awful, they ruin the toy for me. I'm glad the VF-0 doesn't have this problem.

It doesn't look like there are any panels under the nose like the 1/48 or any holes to plug into. 

323439[/snapback]

Yes, there is a hatch under the nose, just like on the 1/48, for the swing bar to fit into. It's just I can see it more clearly in the actual magazine, compared to the low res scans I posted.

I'd post higher res scans if it wasn't for the stupid attachment size limits on this new forum software.

You should be able to make it out in the pic below.

Graham

Pehaps updating the magazine section might be a solution! :lol:  ;)

324145[/snapback]

Well, perhaps if Shawn gave me and Myersjesse the access passwords to the new server, we could actually do some updates :angry: .

Graham

324316[/snapback]

Yeah, you guys and the new site admin(s) :rolleyes:

The release date hasn't been specified yet, just sometime in Summer 2006 I think, which we all know actually means by the end of December next year  :p

Graham

324917[/snapback]

I thought it said "spring"?

Anyway, there are more photos in the new Figure Oh... :ph34r:

The release date hasn't been specified yet, just sometime in Summer 2006 I think, which we all know actually means by the end of December next year  :p

Graham

324917[/snapback]

324998[/snapback]

Renato,

What's the issue number and what's on the cover? I want to try to pick it up.

If you buy it, can you please scan and post the pics.

Spring, summer, we all know it's really going to be winter before it comes out.....Ha Ha Ha. :p

Graham

Graham

324917[/snapback]

324998[/snapback]

Are the pics better than dengeki hobbys? And do they show the battroid and gerwalk modes>?

The sad thing is that that's entirely true... look at the Koenig... said November and I didn't get mine until after Xmas :angry:   And now the CF is slowly getting pushed back too....

324928[/snapback]

Well I don't mind it gives me time to put some things in order before putting money into my paypal account. and with these rising gas prices it's going to be difficult for me. I don't know about how you guys are dealing with it. :( (I know it was off topic but had to get it off my chest) ;)

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Ok, I just picked up issue # 91 of 'Figure Oh' magazine and here's the scan of the page with the new 1/60 VF-0S pics.

This toy is definitely looking better and better IMO. I love the side view pic, although I notice in that pic that one of the rear wheels is broken........LOL. I guess the resin wheel axel was not strong enough to support the weight of the plane.

IMO, this is definitely the most anime-accurate and best looking fighter mode that Yamato have pulled off so far. In my book it even surpasses the 1/48 VF-1, mainly due to the fact that the arms don't hang down so far in fighter mode.

Can't wait to see some battroid and Gerwalk mode pics.

Graham

figureohvf0s.jpg

I wonder why the legs don't shut properly?

325315[/snapback]

This is just the resin prototype sculpt. It may not even having the locking mechanism in place. I'm sure that they legs will lock properly by the time they start knocking out the ABS test shots.

Graham

so would this resin proto be able to transform? All the pics have been fighter mode, just wondering why there's no battroid yet.

325344[/snapback]

Not sure, but I think it is probably transformable.

I think they are just showing us one mode only at first to tease us and will show us a mode each month in the magazines. So next month we'll hopefully see either the Battroid or Gerwalk mode.

Graham

Thanks for the pics Graham!!!!

The VF-0S is looking better and better.

Yamato really captured the anime and lineart in fighter mode!!! I like all the proportions.

The ultra-wide canopy of the 1/48 VF-1 when looked from a front view has always been a bummer for me. That's why I like the canopy and 'mosquito' nose of the 1/60 VF-1 better. But the 1/60 VF-0S is perfect, it's the most accurate rendition Yamato has pulled off!!!