New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

I'm still deciding on 0S or 0A. Still waiting for more impressions on people who have later 0S and any probs they might still be having.

Scream post up some pics of these pins so I know what to expect when I finally decide to go 0S over 0A. (the low vis scheme is making me lean towards 0A right now.. but I feel like getting S based on impressions of late releases - "should I wait or get one now?" I'm wondering)

List of things:

-later releases of GBP versus earlier releases (any improvement?)

-later releases of 0 line vs earlier (any change? like feet or anything?)

-later release of garland (have yamato found way to strengthen shoulder?)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

hinges.jpg

there u go, i circled em for ya

basically, the pins just slide free of their houseing when there is slack put on the hinge. i can slide them back in no sweat, Im just trying to figure a way to make em stay. Kensei has suggested wood glue, but the more I looked at it, the more i think all I need to do is find a way to plug the end hole somehow. Im still working on it.

And on the garland front; Juast got mine, and its perfect :)

i've just received mine too :) it's a 1st ed, 2nd issue.

and it's a hit :D nothing broken or loose or detached.

i've transformed it once and no apparent problem to notice.

It's a beautifull valk that yamato have made :D

426921[/snapback]

Hey Isamu, I've been wondering: Does the second issue have a lock on the ankle when you pull out the feet? Not that it needs one, but the production shots of the VF-0A show that apparently the feet can be pulled a bit further than the VF-0S and that they stay there. Maybe Yamato added this feature after the first release?

Edit: The supposedly loose joints don't bother me the slightest, but THAT could make me buy the 0S again :(

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I'm still deciding on 0S or 0A. Still waiting for more impressions on people who have later 0S and any probs they might still be having.

I'm on the fence as well. I really like the VF-0 model, just not sure which one. And my budget only allows for one, since I plan on getting the DYRL Max reissue as well.

:huh:

Hey Isamu, I've been wondering: Does the second issue have a lock on the ankle when you pull out the feet? Not that it needs one, but the production shots of the VF-0A show that apparently the feet can be pulled a bit further than the VF-0S and that they stay there. Maybe Yamato added this feature after the first release?

Edit: The supposedly loose joints don't bother me the slightest, but THAT could make me buy the 0S again :(

427314[/snapback]

i've noticed no lock on the ankle ... sorry .......

Now I'm hoping that I've really bought a 2nd issue , and not a 1st ed 2nd run .....

Anyway, mine is almost perfect :D the only small problem is that the gunpod don't want to stay straight in fighter mode.

Edited by isamu_dyson

• 3 weeks later...

Mine, the one I just posted pics of is a floppy retarded mess. It looks great but it is horrible on literally every joint. I pretty much have to leave it in fighter mode (which I like the best anyways). I got it on the first preorder.

Man, that sucks. Mine is a 1st run too and holds just fine. I guess I was lucky so I won't push my luck getting a 1st run YF-19 :lol:

so far, there's no surefire way of identify a 1st or a 2nd run 0S. your best bet would be to ask the retailer and hope he's honest with you.

as for floppiness, it tends to occur in the 1st run and sparingly. i would say probably like 30-40% of the time?

I'm confused, everyone in here is mentioning a 2nd edition 0S but Neova states they won't be released until the end of September. Did I miss something?

I'm confused, everyone in here is mentioning a 2nd edition 0S but Neova states they won't be released until the end of September. Did I miss something?

I think people are confusing 2nd shipment with 2nd run. Even with the 1st run, it's a mixed bag in terms of joint quality.

according to what i remember (my memory fails me from time to time so don't blast me if i'm wrong) but i think Graham mentioned that the 2nd batch of 0S for sale was actually part of the 1st run but as to when the 2nd run will actually come along, i'm not so sure.

it could be sometime after 0A comes along? we'll have to let Graham clarify this if he has time. i think there was some mention that the actual 2nd run would be in Jan 2007 but i have doubts that it'll take that long to restart another run for the rather popular Zero series.

I got a VF-0S upon it's first release, preordered from TMP. While the joints aren't as stiff as those on the 1/48s, they do hold up just fine on the one I have... dynamic poses don't pose any problems. The only issues I have with mine are the feet thrusters slide back into the legs when the weight of the valk is placed on them (no detents to hold the feet in it's extended position; if anyone has come up with a quick and painless solution for this, do tell) and the lack of detents on the back pack thrusters; they slide back in too easily... I may open up the back pack myself and add a small detent so the thrusters can lock in the retracted and deployed positions.

Other than that, I'm happy with it. The damned thing IS beautiful.

I got a VF-0S upon it's first release, preordered from TMP. While the joints aren't as stiff as those on the 1/48s, they do hold up just fine on the one I have... dynamic poses don't pose any problems. The only issues I have with mine are the feet thrusters slide back into the legs when the weight of the valk is placed on them (no detents to hold the feet in it's extended position; if anyone has come up with a quick and painless solution for this, do tell) and the lack of detents on the back pack thrusters; they slide back in too easily... I may open up the back pack myself and add a small detent so the thrusters can lock in the retracted and deployed positions.

Other than that, I'm happy with it. The damned thing IS beautiful.

Graham said that the thruster pack would be fixed in the 2nd run. As for a feet lock, I was wondering if the future releases of the 0 will have one, since the production pics of the 0a show more clearance betwenn the feet and calves. I'm okay with the so called floppiness, BUT if Yamato change that I will have to buy a second 0S :angry:

given the comments here, there's one thing that's clear.

Just make everything TIGHT. In fact, make us get a work out transforming our valks.

I personally don't see this as a QC issue (unless it can't stand up or raise it's arms even when it's holding nothing)... but many here include it in their lists if it's anything less than the 1/48 so take this down yamato...

Just make it all bloody tight~ Everyone wins! :D

Edited by Nani?!

given the comments here, there's one thing that's clear.

Just make everything TIGHT. In fact, make us get a work out transforming our valks.

I personally don't see this as a QC issue (unless it can't stand up or raise it's arms even when it's holding nothing)... but many here include it in their lists if it's anything less than the 1/48 so take this down yamato...

Just make it all bloody tight~ Everyone wins! :D

but not too tight. :)

actually i noticed the joints on my low viz 2 are also very tight. must have been later run valks.

then again noe of my 48s are too loose.

As for the BP thrusters on the 0S, I found that there IS apoint where they lock into place. dont force em, but u will find they clock in if u try.

Well I got my vf-0s last thursday. Didn't realise Yamato started shrink wrapping the boxes.

Can't tell if it's a 1st or 2nd run, but it suffers from loose joint syndrom. I'm beginning to

think it doesen't really matter if 1st or 2nd run because all of the 1st issue vf-0s' will probably

suffer from slighly loose joints.

As I'm a fan of battroid mode I started tranforming it immediatly and sadly one of the rubber

peaces popped out of the right shoulder. While this wasn't a problem to fix it still makes me a

little mad because after speding over 100+ Euros on this thing I shouldn't be the one fixing it.

The toy also looses a bit of it's "prestineness" after one has start removing peaces of plasitc to

fix something.

Random thoughts...

- The achieved accuracy this valkyrie has for all tree forms is outstanding. Finally something that's

not just about fighter mode. It's good to see they gave the other modes some emphasis too.

- The sliding mechanism for the nose/cockpit part is innovative. To bad the people at yamato

didn't think of this much earlier, would of also worked nicely for the vf-1.

- One word: Magnets. Never has attaching fastpacks been easier...

- IMO the backpack needs that latch back again.

- Tranformation back into fighter mode is bit messy. The whole "align legs with arms and fists

with backback" is not easy. Your basically blind when trying to fit the tabs of the legs with

arms. It would probably be easier to align from viewing from top but this is hindered by the

backpack, which cannot be folded over as there is that one flap on the bp that is stiff (no joint).

The fix and loose joints aside I am overall happy and really like the vf-0s.

- The sliding mechanism for the nose/cockpit part is innovative. To bad the people at yamato

didn't think of this much earlier, would of also worked nicely for the vf-1.

How? I've heard lots of people say the same thing, but after Staring at my 1/48 trying to rap my head around it I still cant see how the sliding mechanisum would in any way inprove the VF-1.