New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Well mine showed up and thankfully he had no bent spike problems of any kind. Everything is in working order and the thing is awesome! I love this thing so much I have it with me 1/48th Miria. Though the only thing I have to complainabout is the elbow (where it rotates) is extremely loose...and the handle to the gunpod colapses to easy and therefor makes it a little hard for fun posing.

But that said all in all it is one of my favorites of the ones I have so far. :D

mine arrived a couple of months ago and I just had the time to transform it like yesterday :p Id say its an improvement over the 1/48's in many areas but there's also some areas that are a lil bit downgraded as compared to the 1/48's. All in all, this is truly another masterpiece by yamato.

Just wondering if any of the improvements on the 1/60 (ie. like the sliding backpack thrusters) can be transferred to the 1/48's, and yamato can call em the 1/48 ver 2. Now we can all start collecting from zero again! (ducks chair) :lol:

Got my VF-0 about 3 wks ago (thanks neova) but only got a chance to take it out of the box yesterday.

All in all I like it. Apart from a broken tailfin spike, loose knee jnts and loose gun pod stock I haven't got any big QC issues in my specimen (which I am very thankful for).

I've got a few q's for other new VF-O owners

1. My gun pod stock wont fit in the niche on the forearm. Becuase of this I can't attach it to the underbelly in fighter mode. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Any tips to tighten up the knee jnts without taking the joint to pieces. I don't even know if the knee joint CAN be disassembled.

3. Do the extending backpack thrusters LOCK? Mine slide freely but wont stay in the extended position.

This is one really good looking toy with nifty features but I'm a bit sad that the QC seems to have taken a step back from the VF-1. The toy doesn't seem to lock together as firmly and feels distinctly floppy. The only place where the newfound floppiness doesn't bother me is the feet which can now be locked in a greater variety of positions.

Any tips from other VF-0 owners would be greatly appreciated.

Got my VF-0 about 3 wks ago (thanks neova) but only got a chance to take it out of the box yesterday.

All in all I like it. Apart from a broken tailfin spike, loose knee jnts and loose gun pod stock I haven't got any big QC issues in my specimen (which I am very thankful for).

1. My gun pod stock wont fit in the niche on the forearm. Becuase of this I can't attach it to the underbelly in fighter mode. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Any tips to tighten up the knee jnts without taking the joint to pieces. I don't even know if the knee joint CAN be disassembled.

3. Do the extending backpack thrusters LOCK? Mine slide freely but wont stay in the extended position.

This is one really good looking toy with nifty features but I'm a  bit sad that the QC seems to have taken a step back from the VF-1. The toy doesn't seem to lock together as firmly and feels distinctly floppy. The only place where the newfound floppiness doesn't bother me is the feet which can now be locked in a greater variety of positions.

408618[/snapback]

On that note. What are those two extra chunks of plastic that came with my VF-0S? I've been meaning to ask this for a while. What the heck are they for?

This is one really good looking toy with nifty features but I'm a  bit sad that the QC seems to have taken a step back from the VF-1. The toy doesn't seem to lock together as firmly and feels distinctly floppy. The only place where the newfound floppiness doesn't bother me is the feet which can now be locked in a greater variety of positions.

408618[/snapback]

On that note. What are those two extra chunks of plastic that came with my VF-0S? I've been meaning to ask this for a while. What the heck are they for?

408635[/snapback]

They're for the Yamato Fighter Stand.

I think the white piece is for Gerwalk Mode (with the grey piece for Fighter).

Good news. From what I understand, the second run of VF-0S due out in July is supposed to have tighter knee and elbow swivel joints.

Graham

408716[/snapback]

will they also make the gun mounts fit this time?

and where do I sign up for a reissue?

General Question about the vf-0s

I got mine 2 days ago. I was worried about the color. Its not white like the vf-1s 1/48, its a bit beige, sort of like the original white that has been worned out (more plastic like color). Is this normal. From the pictures i see from pll, i can t tell. Can pll update me on the coloring scheme.

Also, all the joints seem looser than 1/48, and the hand doesnt retract same way as a 1/48, and there is no big hands. And no tilting downward of the head (it does tilt upward though). The opening of the leg to get the weels out isnt as rigid as a 1/48, or as precise. Head seems a bit too big, not used to it.

The tampoing is great, and so is the magnets, wow, they really stick fast and well. The gun has NO belt.

So, all in all, is this normal, or did mine turn up wrong, cause from pictures, i thoughed it would be white like the vf-1s, and its beige. I was afraid maybe its that chineese version i got somehow, the one there is rumours about. Can you guys update me.

All in all, i think maybe plane mode and gerwalk suits this valkirie more because of the apparent flaws i found on mine, and i dont know if its normal or not.

Edited by Arthurius

Good to see they will be addressing the loose joint probs. Would you do a review of the later versions too? (would be good to update us on differences from older to later versions for those who might be interested in specifically trying to get later releases)

I wonder if there is going to be differences in later vb6 monsters? I think the joints on the arms for that need a little tightening too.. 1/48 should be thier guide for stiff joint goodness..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I got mine 2 days ago.  I was worried about the color.  Its not white like the vf-1s 1/48, its a bit beige, sort of like the original white that has been worned out  (more plastic like color).  Is this normal.  From the pictures i see from pll, i can t tell.  Can pll update me on the coloring scheme.

Also, all the joints seem looser than 1/48, and the hand doesnt retract same way as a 1/48, and there is no big hands.  And no tilting downward of the head (it does tilt upward though).  The opening of the leg to get the weels out isnt as rigid as a 1/48, or as precise.  Head seems a bit too big, not used to it.

The tampoing is great, and so is the magnets, wow, they really stick fast and well.  The gun has NO belt.

So, all in all, is this normal, or did mine turn up wrong, cause from pictures, i thoughed it would be white like the vf-1s, and its beige.  I was afraid maybe its that chineese version i got somehow, the one there is rumours about.  Can you guys update me. 

All in all, i think maybe plane mode and gerwalk suits this valkirie more because of the apparent flaws i found on mine, and i dont know if its normal or not.

408725[/snapback]

The color is supposed to be like that. Chill. Most ppl like it that way. ;)

The looseness seems to be a common problem. So yeah. Graham said they are gonna fix this in the re-release. Yes it doesn't retract the same way and so generally, yours is fine for this run.

My question here is, do pll like this color because it cannot change with time like the pearl white that turns sorta beige??

Thanks

I got mine 2 days ago.  I was worried about the color.  Its not white like the vf-1s 1/48, its a bit beige, sort of like the original white that has been worned out  (more plastic like color).  Is this normal.  From the pictures i see from pll, i can t tell.  Can pll update me on the coloring scheme.

Also, all the joints seem looser than 1/48, and the hand doesnt retract same way as a 1/48, and there is no big hands.  And no tilting downward of the head (it does tilt upward though).  The opening of the leg to get the weels out isnt as rigid as a 1/48, or as precise.  Head seems a bit too big, not used to it.

The tampoing is great, and so is the magnets, wow, they really stick fast and well.  The gun has NO belt.

So, all in all, is this normal, or did mine turn up wrong, cause from pictures, i thoughed it would be white like the vf-1s, and its beige.  I was afraid maybe its that chineese version i got somehow, the one there is rumours about.  Can you guys update me. 

408725[/snapback]

The color is supposed to be like that. Chill. Most ppl like it that way. ;)

The looseness seems to be a common problem. So yeah. Graham said they are gonna fix this in the re-release. Yes it doesn't retract the same way and so generally, yours is fine for this run.

408738[/snapback]

If Yamato cut off contact with him they'd be forsaking the entire Western world! Noooo! (Think they'd do that?)

Which leads me to the question... how exactly did this site begin and who exactly ARE Shawn and Graham? Are they real --- or just legends? And more importantly, how do I become like them? (I.E. I wish Yamato cared what my opinions were!)

Should I create a new thread about this?

Yes, they would do that, they did it before.

And a lot of Japan wouldn't give a rat's ass about the western world, a lot of art site owners dislike western fans because they STEAL artwork and post them on photoblogs and crap like that. But I'm getting off the subject. Oh yeah, a number of shops and stuff won't sell to foreignors or ship out of Japan. :p

If Yamato cut off contact with him they'd be forsaking the entire Western world! Noooo! (Think they'd do that?)

Which leads me to the question... how exactly did this site begin and who exactly ARE Shawn and Graham? Are they real --- or just legends? And more importantly, how do I become like them? (I.E. I wish Yamato cared what my opinions were!)

409164[/snapback]

LOL

They are the 2 main site admins.

Shawn started macrossworld in 2000 I believe...maybe 99, either way most of the veterans met on an old old macross forum way back when. One of those rec.art newsgroup things I think.

Yes they are real. Graham was the one who gave a lot of information concerning toycom's then Macross Plus toyline. After toycom became yamato usa, Graham gave us info concerning yamato's japanese releases. He basically gave info in a newsletter covering everything macross coming out in asia, from magazine scans, model kits, toys, and video games. He also did a majority of the reviews for the site.

The only reason you don't see them from time to time is because of work(Shawn's been absent for a LONG time too!)

How to become like Graham>? Move to Hong Kong, and try to start good relations with yamato's office there. Thing is Graham has known them for years, so maybe your best bet is to introduce yourself as the shizuoka hobby shows or wonderfests.

409164[/snapback]

LOL

They are the 2 main site admins.

Shawn started macrossworld in 2000 I believe...maybe 99, either way most of the veterans met on an old old macross forum way back when. One of those rec.art newsgroup things I think.

Yes they are real. Graham was the one who gave a lot of information concerning toycom's then Macross Plus toyline. After toycom became yamato usa, Graham gave us info concerning yamato's japanese releases. He basically gave info in a newsletter covering everything macross coming out in asia, from magazine scans, model kits, toys, and video games. He also did a majority of the reviews for the site.

The only reason you don't see them from time to time is because of work(Shawn's been absent for a LONG time too!)

How to become like Graham>? Move to Hong Kong, and try to start good relations with yamato's office there. Thing is Graham has known them for years, so maybe your best bet is to introduce yourself as the shizuoka hobby shows or wonderfests.

409206[/snapback]

Does this mean I need to learn Cantonese AND Japanese?

Yes, they would do that, they did it before.

And a lot of Japan wouldn't give a rat's ass about the western world, a lot of art site owners dislike western fans because they STEAL artwork and post them on photoblogs and crap like that.  But I'm getting off the subject.  Oh yeah, a number of shops and stuff won't sell to foreignors or ship out of Japan. :p

409205[/snapback]

I'd like to have some hope that some honchos in Japan give a small sh-t about the western world... even if it's just a lil' rabbit poop...

Which leads me to the question... how exactly did this site begin and who exactly ARE Shawn and Graham? Are they real --- or just legends And more importantly, how do I become like them? (I.E. I wish Yamato cared what my opinions were!)

409164[/snapback]

HAHA. Yes we should make a thread and sticky it. Or maybe put it in the forum FAQ. Origins of Macrossworld. Who are Shawn and Graham? What/Who is AgentOne? (which reminds me, what happened to him?)

Which leads me to the question... how exactly did this site begin and who exactly ARE Shawn and Graham? Are they real --- or just legends And more importantly, how do I become like them? (I.E. I wish Yamato cared what my opinions were!)

409164[/snapback]

HAHA. Yes we should make a thread and sticky it. Or maybe put it in the forum FAQ. Origins of Macrossworld. Who are Shawn and Graham? What/Who is AgentOne? (which reminds me, what happened to him?)

409344[/snapback]

Link.

All right fellas, can we please not derail this thread any further? Let's get back to the awesomeness that is the VF-0S.

The #11 means that Graham was the 11th person to re-register in Macross World after its major revision from a few years ago, where EVERYONE had to re-register; the order has no meaning.

As for the 'Zero, is it true that HLJ is selling spare parts for this thing? I'd like a new pair of tail fins...

Graham... can you please tell us when the VF-0A's are coming out?

:D  :D

I KNOW you've gotta' know SUMPfin'.

:D  :D

409159[/snapback]

Agreed we should just leave Graham alone, i dont' want the same thing to happen again,

Im happy enough that G-man is feeding us treats every once in a while