New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Yup. You can either fold 30 degrees upwards or have it straight.

BTW.

Is anyone else missing those rubber pieces used to cover the screw holes on the interior side of the legs?

It just noticed it. LOL.

Not yet, but in typical Yamato fashion others will fall out eventually.

In regards to scale and sizes, after seeing the VF-0 it would be nice to park a 1/60 scale YF-21 or other 'Plus variable fighters beside it, as in "real life" they're pretty much the same size...

Edited by myk

Damn, I'm glad I didn't try very hard to fold that flap. My first instinct, by looking at it, was that it was supposed to fold up, but after trying it and finding resistance, I decieded to leave it. I like to transform things for the first time without the instructions, so I've learned not to force anything until I'm sure it's supposed to move.

Damn, I'm glad I didn't try very hard to fold that flap.  My first instinct, by looking at it, was that it was supposed to fold up, but after trying it and finding resistance, I decieded to leave it.  I like to transform things for the first time without the instructions, so I've learned not to force anything until I'm sure it's supposed to move.

401232[/snapback]

I think I was the 1st person ever on this forum to admit they broke theirs. Like the 1st day I got it. I glued it back on, so everything's okay as long as I don't look at it with a magnifying glass. But the pain and the shame remain. *hangs head*

I just got my first.

my two cents:

I think overall it's an improvement over the 1/48.

The only issue that I've had with mine was the tail fin spike. Mine was broken off and it was no where to be found in the box. My elbow joints are fine!

To put things into perspective though, this is a new toy... new territory. Given that fact ALONE, yamato did a fantastic job with this. I do hope some of the kinks get fixed before they make 0A and 0D variants, however... regardless, people waiting for a second run don't know what they're missing... everyone should pick this one up.

I'm usually yamato's harshest critics, but I gotta hand it to them... this is the best thing they've made since the 1/48.

The faults all sound pretty minor when put into perspective and take into account all the improvements. (especially the tampo printing) Do you think they will do the reactive armor and ghost booster now?

1/60 VF-0S Woohoo! All we need now is the YF-19FP!

People are STILL waiting for that? lol Maybe they should start to put down preorders and in 5 years come back and they will be ready to release?

People are STILL waiting for that? lol Maybe they should start to put down preorders and in 5 years come back and they will be ready to release?

401404[/snapback]

Waiting? No.

Wishing? Yes.

I dont give a rats ass about a rereleased 1/72 fp version though... Not anymore.

If they make a 19fp, I'm hoping it's a 1/60 or bigger. :)

Edit: Oh and I definitely have to give props to yamato for the tampo printing. SIMPLY AWESOME. I hope they do this for all future releases. Decaling is a pain~ :p

Edited by Nani?!

The faults all sound pretty minor when put into perspective and take into account all the improvements. (especially the tampo printing) Do you think they will do the reactive armor and ghost booster now?

401404[/snapback]

TMP amine was taking pre-orders about three years ago. The picture can still be found using a google images search with the subject "yf-19 Fast Packs".

Hey guys first time posting on this website. I have used this website many times before in getting infromation and great pictures/reviews of the Macross toys. I have finally decided to become an member!

I was able to get an 1/60th VF-0S off of Ebay for about $165 shipped from an US seller. It was mailed out today and should arrive in a few days or so. From what I have seen it looks awesome, though some of the stories of bent things has me a bit worried. Hopefully I will be able to get a prestine version! I can't wait for it to arrive! I will do a little update as soon as it arrives and tell you guys if it arrived ok! :)

Welcome to the forums AC Starscrem ... from a fellow newbie!!

:)

Yes, please let us know if the Valkyrie shipped ok - just curious, which vendor did you use? And was the price of $165 with shipping?

Thanks!

Yes, please let us know if the Valkyrie shipped ok - just curious, which vendor did you use?  And was the price of $165 with shipping?

Thanks!

401678[/snapback]

Thanks Vermillion!

Yes it is an Buy It Now for $150 and then $15 shipping. He is an Ebay seller and has quite a few left, about 17. Also he has 100% feedback...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

He just got his in and like I said shipped mine out today so...hopefully in a few days he will be mine! And then I can show him off to my Transformer friends over at Seibertron.com (I am apart of a thread on their toy forum devoted to Macross and Robotech).

Wow, some of you guys seem to take broken and missing parts on this or any Yamato toy lightly. After paying $160 for a VF-0S, I was pissed when one of the tailwing spikes was bent. Thankfully, it was easily bent back, but I hate playing Russian roulette with these toys. It almost doesn't seem worth it sometimes to pay the high price when you know that you could end up with a busted toy because the manufacturer overlooked something so obvious (as Graham pointed out in his review of the VF-0S about the tailfins just needing to be folded down to avoid the breakage of the spikes). Wonder if they even package tested it?

Yes, please let us know if the Valkyrie shipped ok - just curious, which vendor did you use?  And was the price of $165 with shipping?

Thanks!

401678[/snapback]

Thanks Vermillion!

Yes it is an Buy It Now for $150 and then $15 shipping. He is an Ebay seller and has quite a few left, about 17. Also he has 100% feedback...

He just got his in and like I said shipped mine out today so...hopefully in a few days he will be mine! And then I can show him off to my Transformer friends over at Seibertron.com (I am apart of a thread on their toy forum devoted to Macross and Robotech).

401702[/snapback]

that's the guy I bought my zero from. pretty good service, asnwers email promptly but he's using parcel post...so dont get your hopes too high on getting your stuff this week....mine was sent last week and it arrived today.

aaajin

EDITED : parcel post....not media mail

Edited by aaajin

Thanks!

401678[/snapback]

Thanks Vermillion!

401702[/snapback]

that's the guy I bought my zero from. pretty good service, asnwers email promptly but he's using parcel post...so dont get your hopes too high on getting your stuff this week....mine was sent last week and it arrived today.

aaajin

401765[/snapback]

Thanks for the heads up Aaajin! That kinda sucks I am really looking forward to the VF-0S! I have been drooling over its photo's for a awhile. Though I want him now! :angry:

But I have 6 other Valkeries coming in the mail (I baught 7 in the time spance of like almsot 2 weeks) So hopefully a few of the others will show up and I won't be to disapointed! :lol:

Thanks!

401678[/snapback]

Thanks Vermillion!

401702[/snapback]

aaajin

401765[/snapback]

Thanks for the heads up Aaajin! That kinda sucks I am really looking forward to the VF-0S! I have been drooling over its photo's for a awhile. Though I want him now! :angry:

But I have 6 other Valkeries coming in the mail (I baught 7 in the time spance of like almsot 2 weeks) So hopefully a few of the others will show up and I won't be to disapointed! :lol:

401776[/snapback]

Thanks for the eBay referral AC Starscream - will have to check it out. Although, his item description says he is out of stock until June!! you must have ordered the last one!!

:(:(:(

Guess I will have to wait. And you've bought 7 valks within the span of 2 weeks! Wow. Were they all 1/48 scale or 1/60, or a combination of both? Which ones? Man, you must have a phat wallet mate ... cool!

I just pull mine out of the box today... been on vacation for 2 week...

Other then 2 loose elbows and a small chip in the green eye visor, I love this VF-0

post-2356-1148585016_thumb.jpgpost-2356-1148585027_thumb.jpgpost-2356-1148585036_thumb.jpg

402253[/snapback]

MAke sure you use the same background for the lv2 when you take a pic. ;)

I finally received mine from TMP yesterday. Very cool toy overall, and notably absent were some of the QC issues mentioned here (tailfin spikes are fine, magnets oriented correctly, etc). Typical of my luck though, I've noticed several other issues that I haven't seen anyone else report.

I have lots of blurring and smudging on the tampo printing - the black stripes on the legs and chest are the worst. The grey paint in the secondary air intakes on the chest plate is pretty spotty too. There is some grey paint overspray/smudging on the LE of the right main intake, which is pretty noticeable. On the whole, the paint job is visually worse than that of any other Yamato I own, and that includes the rest of the 1/60s.

I also encountered another weird issue - while transforming the VF-0 for the first time, the knurled pin which holds the two leg swingbar linkages together fell out, resulting in the legs taking a three foot plunge from my desk :o. The pin was a royal b*tch to find , having nestled itself deep into my carpet under the desk. Luckily, it was easily replaced once found using a pair of needle-nose pliars to reinsert it, and hasn't given me any further trouble... yet.

My zero also exibits the floppy limb and foot syndrome almost everyone has mentioned. If I'm not very careful when posing it, it has the tendency to perform a knee-swivel move in a disturbingly Elvis Presley-esque fashion. :p Don't be cruel...

Despite these seeming negatives, the design and execution are overall pretty good, and I really dig its looks... from a slight distance. I'll try to get some pics up this weekend.

I finally received mine from TMP yesterday. Very cool toy overall, and notably absent were some of the QC issues mentioned here (tailfin spikes are fine, magnets oriented correctly, etc). Typical of my luck though, I've noticed several other issues that I haven't seen anyone else report.

I have lots of blurring and smudging on the tampo printing - the black stripes on the legs and chest are the worst. The grey paint in the secondary air intakes on the chest plate is pretty spotty too. There is some grey paint overspray/smudging on the LE of the right main intake, which is pretty noticeable.  On the whole, the paint job is visually worse than that of any other Yamato I own, and that includes the rest of the 1/60s.

I also encountered another weird issue - while transforming the VF-0 for the first time, the knurled pin which holds the two leg swingbar linkages together fell out, resulting in the legs taking a three foot plunge from my desk  :o.  The pin was a royal b*tch to find , having nestled itself deep into my carpet under the desk. Luckily, it was easily replaced once found using a pair of needle-nose pliars to reinsert it, and hasn't given me any further trouble... yet.

My zero also exibits the floppy limb and foot syndrome almost everyone has mentioned. If I'm not very careful when posing it, it has the tendency to perform a knee-swivel move in a disturbingly Elvis Presley-esque fashion. :p  Don't be cruel...

Despite these seeming negatives, the design and execution are overall pretty good, and I really dig its looks... from a slight distance. I'll try to get some pics up this weekend.

402411[/snapback]

Make sure you email Tam to let him know about the issues. It seems that the VF-0's coming from Tam have some really bad QC issues.

I still luv my 1/48's the best. BUT, I'd kill for a VF0A or D! Does that make any sense?

Sure it does. The VF-1's design was cool like, 20 years ago. Let's face it, the 'Zero is an abolutely beautiful design and this toy realizes that beauty completely. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about stashing my '48s, replacing them with my '60s just so the VF-1's are in proper scale with the Zero-that's how much more I and others love the 'Zero...

By the way, 'Guts, your 'sig is hilarious...

Make sure you email Tam to let him know about the issues. It seems that the VF-0's coming from Tam have some really bad QC issues.

402700[/snapback]

You really need to back claims like that up.

I've gotten two from Tam with no problems and have ordered more than few things from him before with no issues.

402700[/snapback]

You really need to back claims like that up.

I've gotten two from Tam with no problems and have ordered more than few things from him before with no issues.

402849[/snapback]

I agree. That's quite a statement there.

I still luv my 1/48's the best. BUT, I'd kill for a VF0A or D! Does that make any sense?

Sure it does. The VF-1's design was cool like, 20 years ago. Let's face it, the 'Zero is an abolutely beautiful design and this toy realizes that beauty completely. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about stashing my '48s, replacing them with my '60s just so the VF-1's are in proper scale with the Zero-that's how much more I and others love the 'Zero...

By the way, 'Guts, your 'sig is hilarious...

402833[/snapback]

Thanks, myk! I also must add, that it's disheartening that the only new anime in site dealing with Macross is the Robotech Shadow Chronicles. I bought Macross 7 but still haven't finished the series... probably will someday. It just kinda' seems goofy. And Max looks weird, like a chubby 5 year old kid. I hope they come out with a Macross Zero Two. Another Macross Plus would be nice too, seeing that me and Isamu have the same last name and all. Since I'm ranting, I will go off the deepend and bare to the world what's really deep down in my heart... I WANT MACROSS PLUS 1/48 SCALE TOYS. K. I'm done again.

PS: All the constant singing in M7... just when I start to like Basara, he starts his incessant squawking with the dumb harmonica blaring in the background and I all of the sudden feel ashamed to be watching.

Edited by GutsAndCasca

I also encountered another weird issue - while transforming the VF-0 for the first time, the knurled pin which holds the two leg swingbar linkages together fell out, resulting in the legs taking a three foot plunge from my desk  :o.  The pin was a royal b*tch to find , having nestled itself deep into my carpet under the desk. Luckily, it was easily replaced once found using a pair of needle-nose pliars to reinsert it, and hasn't given me any further trouble... yet.

Well, this just happened on mine on transformation #3... I didn't even notice the pin come out, the legs just fell off. I don't know if the pin fell out during transformation or prior to, but I can't find that damn pin anywhere. Not a hard fix with maybe a pin nail, wire cutters, and super glue, but man, at $160 that's a pretty lame thing to happen. If this toy wasn't so great looking, I'd just box it away and play with my 1/48s.

Well, this just happened on mine on transformation #3... I didn't even notice the pin come out, the legs just fell off. I don't know if the pin fell out during transformation or prior to, but I can't find that damn pin anywhere. Not a hard fix with maybe a pin nail, wire cutters, and super glue, but man, at $160 that's a pretty lame thing to happen. If this toy wasn't so great looking, I'd just box it away and play with my 1/48s.

403515[/snapback]

Ouch - sorry to hear that Ghostryder ... hope you get the thing fixed soon!

:huh: