New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

I feel kinda depressed when i found out that HK and some shops in Singapore were selling about 35 USD cheaper than normal prices.

But i already made my booking so i can't cancel them. ;(

The super stealths were going for the price of a normal DYRL valk without FPs!

GAH!!!

Thanks for that excellent review Graham. I've been on the fence about getting one of these, but now I reeeeealy want one. After seeing all the work they put into this thing, I can understand why it costs so much. That thing looks as good as the Hasegawa models AND it transforms.

Don't get too depressed, there has been discussion about cheap Valks from unknow source equal defects... :unsure:

I feel kinda depressed when i found out that HK and some shops in Singapore were selling about 35 USD cheaper than normal prices.

396677[/snapback]

well still i have to give credits for yamato's work in making this happen,

... and thanks for the first shots of a panel-lined 1/60 Zero. Sorry you were so disappointed.

395867[/snapback]

Hm... seems to be a matter of perspective and because of the FPs.

This pic doesn't seem so different in size

138402150_d9695c36aa_o.jpg

396230[/snapback]

It does look smaller in person. Just look at the chest plate. BTW, why do people dislikes the Zero in B mode? IMO I think it looks very balanced, and very aggressive.

396482[/snapback]

Just read my user's name :p I really prefer the VF-0S to all the variants of the VF-1 in Battroid mode, but in fighter mode, I still prefer the VF-1 style ( more like a F-14 )

For me it was the Tampo printing on the intakes and gunpod that really made my day.

All the extra Tampo printing really surprised me, as my pre-production sample only had the Tampo printing on the tails and heatshield.

Graham

396654[/snapback]

Thanks for the the review Graham !

I think it's awesome... SIMPLY AWESOME that yamato is finally tampo printing the markings. :lol:

I've just ordered my first two. I hope they dont have any QC issues. :unsure:

Awesome fighter plane. Just got mine yesterday and I'm really really impressed by the improvements and also great transformation design. Love it. Just that my VF-0 knees are a bit loose and will keep on turning left or right when in Gerwalk mode. Anyone know's how to fix it or some of ya facing the same thing. :(

I went through most of the OVA last night and found the turbine shot. I'm currently thinking the animators basically scanned (or directly copied) a F110-powered F-14 or F-16---even the convergent and possibly divergent nozzles match, as does the afterburner duct---all things which don't match the other drawings etc of the VF-0, nor the Hase and Yamato versions.

Cool review Graham. Much more positive, and do the toy justice in pointing out all the improvements on the VF-0S that I wasn't even aware of. Definitely won me over on putting down my money on one. Didn't expect the 1/60 would turn out to be just like a 1/48 in terms of size, design, and details, with even some improvements to boot. Without keeping up with the news, I thought it was just like the older 1/60 designs with just a new look. Glad I am quite wrong on it. :p

yeah, how dare people ask for confirmation on such claims. Considering, that one of the claims that the gunpod had no clearance in fighter mode was based on incorrect transformation and all...

After reading graham's review and seeing a side on pic it looks ok.

But for the "two of the same arm" claims there was a pic of this. It's not that I don't believe, but would like to see it. Some things like loose joints you wouldn't be able to see in a pic, but it is good to have that info. The negative review that was posted earlier of the vf0s sounded pretty scary.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Thanks for such informative review, Graham.  The pics are anything but gratituous.  Always glad to read your review.

396835[/snapback]

Very nice pics and thanks for the review! Btw, I'm quite "absent" from the boards lately but...what's display stand did Graham use for the Photoshoot? :)

Goodness Graham, GREAT pics!!!!

Your statement concerning the VF-0 being more durable than the 1/48 VF-1, that truly made my day.

Boys if I get paid mucho at the next anime con and I see this sucker for 150$ or so, I am SO BUYING THIS SUCKER!! Goodness it looks awesome!

And for what its worth the bad qc cases have not seemed too severe.

God that thing is beautiful. I really do hope we at least get a Ghost FAST pack kit, SV-51 Ivanov, and Shin VF-0D between now and summer 2007, if not sooner. =)

I don't know gang...I'm still waiting for mine.

I think Yamato should have stuck with the 1/48 scale for this VF-0S, and for other future macross plus valkyries.

But we'll see how it goes...I'm still not digging the battroid mode...just too much lines and angles...and at $150 a pop...the looks definitely gotta top functionality.

Fighter mode on the other hand looks great.

I want mine NOW NOW NOW!

Damn you BBTS, where's the payment demand for my pre-order!  :lol:

396673[/snapback]

When I got their (BBTS) email stating that their shipment wasnt coming til the 12th, I panicked, cancelled my pre-order and and got it from a place that was a little bit more expensive but DID have it in stock.

He shouldnt have mentioned that japan is already running low in stock, I was afraid he wouldnt be able to fullfill my order.. ***sigh***

Oh well got it now. Though Im not 100 percent happy with it, its free of defects but not free of my heavy expectations lolz :D

I  don't know gang...I'm still waiting for mine.

I think Yamato should have stuck with the 1/48 scale for this VF-0S, and for other future macross plus valkyries.

But we'll see how it goes...I'm still not digging the battroid mode...just too much lines and angles...and at $150 a pop...the looks definitely gotta top functionality.

396904[/snapback]

1/48 V-F0? that would of nice. Big. and EXPENSIVE. Just imagine how big the box would've been. I laughed when mine came in. I thought it was a computer!!

I had to to justify to the wife why we're spending $200 for a toy for me. She said that I had no x-mas gift this year, that mine already came <_<

Edited by holytoledo69

I  don't know gang...I'm still waiting for mine.

396904[/snapback]

1/48 V-F0? that would of nice. Big. and EXPENSIVE. Just imagine how big the box would've been. I laughed when mine came in. I thought it was a computer!!

I had to to justify to the wife why we're spending $200 for a toy for me. She said that I had no x-mas gift this year, that mine already came <_<

396907[/snapback]

Over the years, my parents have told me that many times as well. I feel the pain!

And while I would have LOVED for a 1/48 VF-0, if the 1/60 was already pushing past 160$, I cringe at how much a 1/48 would have been.

Awesome fighter plane. Just got mine yesterday and I'm really really impressed by the improvements and also great transformation design. Love it. Just that my VF-0 knees are a bit loose and will keep on turning left or right when in Gerwalk mode. Anyone know's how to fix it or some of ya facing the same thing. :(

396765[/snapback]

Mine's knees are loose too (the swivel joint) I dont know if you guys want to try this, but all I did was wrap a thin rubberband into the joint itself (its hidden) So that part was fixed.

Anyone have loose upper arm swivels?

396765[/snapback]

Mine's knees are loose too (the swivel joint) I dont know if you guys want to try this, but all I did was wrap a thin rubberband into the joint itself (its hidden) So that part was fixed.

Anyone have loose upper arm swivels?

396912[/snapback]

my solution to loose joints is adding a lil nail polish to the joint, this gives a nice ammount of extra friction that should tight up most loose joints. I did it to my monster and it was an effective, invisable fix.

my solution to loose joints is adding a lil nail polish to the joint, this gives a nice ammount of extra friction that should tight up most loose joints. I did it to my monster and it was an effective, invisable fix.

396928[/snapback]

I'd like to, but there's no way for me to get to the joints this time. The arms (in the swivel part) seemed to be sonically welded, hardly no visible screws anywhere :unsure:

396928[/snapback]

cool, will try that later, my VF-0 arm also faced the same loose problem. So i guess there is no harm in trying nail polish if it works. Thanks for the heads up.

Clear nail polish has the nice property of adhering enough to most plastic to stay put, yet can usually be removed with no signs it was there if you need to. I'm putting tons of it into my new 1/48 Milia...

As you can see the arms look skinny compared to the VF1. If the 1/48 had girl arms, the vf0 is even girlier. 1/60 vf1 arms look cooler imo.

397109[/snapback]

I like the overall proportions of the 1/60 VF-0. The arms are skinny, but the keep the sleek profile of the fighter mode well intact.

As you can see the arms look skinny compared to the VF1. If the 1/48 had girl arms, the vf0 is even girlier. 1/60 vf1 arms look cooler imo.

397109[/snapback]

The VF-0 has skinny upper arms in the anime and lineart.

Also, it's very unfair putting a 1/60 VF-0S next to a 1/48 VF-1 and saying the arms look skinny, as you are comparing different scales of toys.

A more fair comparison would be putting the 1/60 VF-0S nxt to a 1/60 scale VF-1 and then comparing the arms.

Graham