New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

I think I'll have to back out of my promise to my wallet/GF that I'd only go for 1/48's.

Why didn't they make it 1/48? :(

I know, it would be too big and too expensive, blah, blah.

I'm just using my basic MW right to whine and b*tch. :p

384632[/snapback]

Since it is about the size of a 1/48, I don't think she'll notice. Just tell her not to look at the pilot :lol:

In fighter mode the 1/60 VF-0S is slightly larger than the 1/48 VF-1. For those who still can't wrap the brains around this, it is simply beacuse the VF-0 is a big plane, where as the VF-1 is a much smaller plane.

Also, the 1/60 VF-0S is more complex than the either the 1/60 or 1/48 VF-1, having more parts, more features and better articulation, thus tooling and development costs were much higher.

Don't worry, you guys won't be disappointed with the VF-0S

Graham

384905[/snapback]

Wow, so you have one you, you, you lucky dawg! :lol:

Hook us up with the pics! :lol:

I got lucky and ordered a third! Can't hardly wait!

I guess the Garland took it for the team this time... :(

Ah well. It's a good product, I think that it is worth the wait. Too much in my life at the moment, I couldn't care less when it comes out, I know I won't really get to touch it until Mid year. My wallet in the meantime is glad. :p

Back when this toy was 1/100 scale with removeable parts to "transform", I had serious doubts.

But FORTRESS_MAXIMUS is dead on. Each pic of this new release keeps getting better and better. This is going to be one serious toy. I cannot wait for the D version to be released. I'm gonna need some new Macross toys to pick on the MPC Starscream. :D

My only request to Graham is to keep bugging them about how much we want the VF-0D.

Roy's VF-0S is still too "VF-1S-esque" for me to buy. It's too similar to what I already have. But a VF-0D--that changes everything, and is one of my fave valk designs.

My only request to Graham is to keep bugging them about how much we want the VF-0D. 

Roy's VF-0S is still too "VF-1S-esque" for me to buy.  It's too similar to what I already have.  But a VF-0D--that changes everything, and is one of my fave valk designs.

386910[/snapback]

Right ON! Unleash the bug to harass them! :) Yups i agree the VF-0D release would be nice, not forgetting the 1/60 Ghost Armour or GPB armour ;)

Cheers

Roy's VF-0S is still too "VF-1S-esque" for me to buy.  It's too similar to what I already have.   But a VF-0D--that changes everything, and is one of my fave valk designs.

386910[/snapback]

Right ON! Unleash the bug to harass them! :) Yups i agree the VF-0D release would be nice, not forgetting the 1/60 Ghost Armour or GPB armour ;)

Cheers

386950[/snapback]

yeah and also dont forget the sv-51:D

Graham:

Will it come with the launch arm extension as shown in these pics?

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/events...ter/vf-0s-5.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/events...ter/vf-0s-7.jpg

The launch arm looks very different from what we currently have, and allows the gun to be installed in fighter mode.

387195[/snapback]

I doubt the VF-0S will, but the new Yamato stands should include a new attachment piece.

Roy's VF-0S is still too "VF-1S-esque" for me to buy.  It's too similar to what I already have.  But a VF-0D--that changes everything, and is one of my fave valk designs.

386910[/snapback]

I do keep buggng them about a VF-0D.

There's a heck of a lot of new tooling involved in making one though, complete new forward fuselage (nose and canopy section), all new lower legs and folding tail fins, new wings, new intakes with canards and fins, modified backpack (tail fin slots have to be blocked), new longer heatshield. It's doable, but not cheap.

Guess we have to see how well the VF-0S sells first.

Graham

I would assume the vf-0a is next for the 1/60 series because all they would have to do is design a new head. and after all that is the ship that shin last fought in .

as for sales if mworld is any indication. the vf-0s is going to sell.

Edited by buddhafabio

If tooling was an issue for yamato, they'd never would've released all that macross plus toys and variant 1/60 DYRL single and double seaters would they?

But yes, its of course faster to repaint and change a head of an existing sculpt rather than make a new one but come on.....a VF-0D , SV-52 isn't that impossible for the near future.

If tooling was an issue for yamato, they'd never would've released all that macross plus toys and variant 1/60 DYRL single and double seaters would they?

But yes, its of course faster to repaint and change a head of an existing sculpt rather than make a new one but come on.....a VF-0D , SV-52 isn't that impossible for the near future.

387399[/snapback]

Yes but those toys were simpler, a lot smaller, and a lot cheaper to produce. Not to mention the cost of petroleum for plastics wasn't as high then as it is now(its affecting the ENTIRE global action figure industry).

Also, the the VF-0 may not have as big a fan base as the VF-1, so they may end up selling far few units.

Graham

387420[/snapback]

hmm, perhaps they should slip a sheet or 2 of advertisment in all their future and reissue Yamato products like their current hot seller 1/48. Stuff like posisble future release of VF-0D, SV-52, etc,, along with pictures or all current releases.

Also, the the VF-0 may not have as big a fan base as the VF-1, so they may end up selling far few units.

Graham

387420[/snapback]

hmm, perhaps they should slip a sheet or 2 of advertisment in all their future and reissue Yamato products like their current hot seller 1/48. Stuff like posisble future release of VF-0D, SV-52, etc,, along with pictures or all current releases.

387451[/snapback]

Ya mean like a catalogue of sorts? I used to love those that came with the old American toys like MASK and Starcom. Makes you gawk at the pictures of stuff your parents will never buy for you. :(

Burn the images in your mind and play with them in your mind. Early mental masturbation.....*cough*

387399[/snapback]

I agree.

Given that yamato cuts costs in other areas like paint, less metallic parts and the increase in efficiency with experience and computer assisted design, I'm not totally convinced that the extra tooling should pose such a HUGE problem as some people tend to believe it to be.

Yamato had a field day with the 1/48 & 1/60 vf-1's and the countless repaints the design yielded... so I think it's more in the question of how much profit yamato wants out per design. Obviously if they're looking at the profit they gained from the vf-1 line, NOTHING will come as close... It would behoove them to lower that bar just a tad if it's indeed set that high.

Hear ye hear ye! Yamato has subscribed to this thread and thus tracking the conversations here. Yamato will release the VF-0S when and ONLY when this thread has reached 1000 posts of whinging and bitching about the VF-0S's release. Please pass this to 1000 other MW members or your VF-0 will be cursed with crooked skulls, loose joints, falling nosecones, oily grease out of the box, missing gunpod, broken backpacks and many other ailments.

Be warned!

:p

Graham

387420[/snapback]

387451[/snapback]

Ya mean like a catalogue of sorts? I used to love those that came with the old American toys like MASK and Starcom. Makes you gawk at the pictures of stuff your parents will never buy for you. :(

Burn the images in your mind and play with them in your mind. Early mental masturbation.....*cough*

387460[/snapback]

Yeah,, pretty much a 1 page Catalogue.

I only got 2 offical Transformer G1 products back when I was small. So I too gawk at the picture of stuff that my parents will never buy for me. :p:(

The Catalogue from Mask was pretty cool, too bad I can only afford 1. It was the simi F1 race car that can fly.

Yes,, a Catalogue can do wonders.